Author Topic: BitShares PLAY Game Tournament: Time to Vote on our first Tourny Game!  (Read 15280 times)

Offline fuzzy

I think i'm going to download LoL again.  Anyone interested in hanging out and playing a few matches tonight?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Lol @ being a bookie via DPOS. It is beautiful. If odds are posted somewhere, the bet is inside the memo and the funds sent to a named account.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Has anyone out there played Herzog Zwei?  Its essentially the first RTS ever made(predates dune/duneII) and in my opinion is the greatest Genesis game ever made.  Yet sadly few people have ever heard of it.

Oh wow, this brings back memories! :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Two good ideas for promoting Bitshares:

1) Sponsor a hearthstone tournament.  A bit of marketing funds could be used to this, to provide the prize support for the tournament.  Pay prizes in bitUSD.  Or even just normal USD.  Stream the tournament, get commentators etc like other hearthstone tournaments.

2) Enable betting on League of Legends and DOTA pro matches in bitUSD.  I have read about ideas to allow betting on pro matches with bitcoin and dogecoin in the past.  I don't know how close these are to being implemented, but we could do the same thing using bitUSD.

Let's form a team to work on this stuff?  Ideas are great as they are the beginnings of action...but we need more ACTION!! :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Two good ideas for promoting Bitshares:

1) Sponsor a hearthstone tournament.  A bit of marketing funds could be used to this, to provide the prize support for the tournament.  Pay prizes in bitUSD.  Or even just normal USD.  Stream the tournament, get commentators etc like other hearthstone tournaments.

2) Enable betting on League of Legends and DOTA pro matches in bitUSD.  I have read about ideas to allow betting on pro matches with bitcoin and dogecoin in the past.  I don't know how close these are to being implemented, but we could do the same thing using bitUSD.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

If we get some funding for Quake Live I can announce it on ESReality. I have like 12000 posts on that forum  :o

+5%

post it there and request they register an account and vote it up.  Then maybe we can get them to join the Tournament! ;)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
If we get some funding for Quake Live I can announce it on ESReality. I have like 12000 posts on that forum  :o

Xeldal

Has anyone out there played Herzog Zwei?  Its essentially the first RTS ever made(predates dune/duneII) and in my opinion is the greatest Genesis game ever made.  Yet sadly few people have ever heard of it.

I just recently found AirMech which is a modernized version of Herzog Zwei and I'm really digging it.  Check it out.

I'm also a Quake fan, voted for that.  I haven't played Quake live though.  I'll have to take a look.

I looked at it and it looked pretty cool, but seemed like it would be a little less straight forward than the other games on the list.  Don't feel bad though, Gensto apparently thought Oregon Trail was a competitive game :)

Currently winning at the time of this post:
League of Legends (LoL)
Dota
World of Tanks (WoT)

Yeah AirMech is still in beta.  It was actually a little frustrating figuring out how to control everything.  The tutorial is very wordy and not so helpful.  Great fun though once you get it.  Having played Herzog Zwei extensively helps too. :P

Offline fuzzy

I just recently found AirMech which is a modernized version of Herzog Zwei and I'm really digging it.  Check it out.

I'm also a Quake fan, voted for that.  I haven't played Quake live though.  I'll have to take a look.

I looked at it and it looked pretty cool, but seemed like it would be a little less straight forward than the other games on the list.  Don't feel bad though, Gensto apparently thought Oregon Trail was a competitive game :)

Currently winning at the time of this post:
League of Legends (LoL)
Dota
World of Tanks (WoT)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:46:49 pm by fuzzy »

Xeldal

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
SSBM has an amazingly strong community of passionate gamers. The game has been around for 13 years and it is still bigger than ever. I used to play competitively, and know that if you involve SSBM with something BitShares related it could be great marketing. Please consider this when making your vote!

lol, I got to know this game in blackburg from toast and nathan.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
SSBM has an amazingly strong community of passionate gamers. The game has been around for 13 years and it is still bigger than ever. I used to play competitively, and know that if you involve SSBM with something BitShares related it could be great marketing. Please consider this when making your vote!

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
 +5% Cool, appreciate the effort for organize tournament like this.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Please vote on 3 of them.  If there is a tie, I will flip a coin. 

Some games I deemed a bit too difficult for everyone to easily download.  Some were not free to play.  Others did not meet the established guidelines...and some people mentioned so many that I had to cut back most of their list.   Sorry...but I think 12 games is fine for now. 
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 04:20:29 pm by fuzzy »