Author Topic: Rand Paul Coin wants to use DPoS  (Read 22285 times)

Offline ronpaulmoneyman

• View Profile
    • RonPaulMoney Site

merockstar

Cryptsy?

Why is anyone here using Cryptsy after they didn't honor the pts/btsx snapshot and kept it for them selves.

Trusting a exchange that burned the community in the past is shame on you.

They all ready fooled you once.

my excuse is it's the only exchange with any devcoin volume (and that's the ONLY reason I use it)

Offline ronpaulmoneyman

• View Profile
    • RonPaulMoney Site
There is no particular discussion. I just go that site for tech help at times. I'm sure I could also ask here. There are also devs there who have a decent understanding of what all is involved. The guys who have done sharedrops are all there.

pts.cubeconnex.com

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

There has not been much of a presence here by me. I wish to wait until I have a testnet and then a forum will be useful. Until then bitcointalk announcement thread works fine and the pts forum.

Could you put up a link to the discussion on the PTS forum?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline ronpaulmoneyman

• View Profile
    • RonPaulMoney Site

There has not been much of a presence here by me. I wish to wait until I have a testnet and then a forum will be useful. Until then bitcointalk announcement thread works fine and the pts forum.

zerosum

Yet the 'sparkly' thing has its sub-forum and Ron does not.

Why?
Are the devs around here? If so, they should also have their own subforum .. if they have their own forum I suggest to not clutter the talks among two forums ..

They (He/She) have posted here...not as excessively as the  the Sparkle girl... but should we give chance to people only when they absolutely get on our nerves/cry for it?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Why?
Are the devs around here? If so, they should also have their own subforum .. if they have their own forum I suggest to not clutter the talks among two forums ..

zerosum

- You need the price feeds because otherwise it doesn't work. (There will be a lot of RandPaulCoin Bulls, willing to short but lower demand for the assets. This results in a peg that doesn't work. BitShares' first crash after they got to a $100 million made them learn this lesson the hard way. Even now BitAssets are able to offer interest, why? Because there is so much competition to short. Without the feeds this would instead translate to your assets being too far below the peg.)

And you know they does not work, how exactly? Somebody told you so?

The price of Bitshares crashed because the original 'market pegged assets' were abandoned and instead BTS now has 'feed priced assets'.

I am not suggesting Rand Paul Coin implementing the real market pegged assets, but those have not been tested in practice by nobody and I am betting that somebody someday will. As early as 2015.

There was a thread on that forum - 'Why Vitalik got the award and BM did not'. Well it is simple in my mind - BM made the biggest discovery and let others (including Vitalik btw)  persuade him that his idea does not work.....

All the information you need to understand why I think they don't work is contained within that succinct paragraph you just quoted. (I believe you'll find there is a greater number of people looking to take a leveraged position on BitShares vs. a long position on any specific asset atm over an extended period. Therefore if shorts are not forced to compete above a price feed, they will compete on how far below the peg they're willing to short which logically and imo has already been shown in practice to create assets that peg far too low. (Where it actually pegs will be a reflection/expression of the average interest rate shorts are willing to pay, but because shorts outnumber longs in the system over an extended period it actually settles/pegs around that point, rather than the actual 1-1 peg.) If you believe otherwise, there's no reason you can't campaign for BitShares to try listing one asset on BitShares without the price feed to prove/test your point.

It's ludicrous idea...short are crazy...they do not know what they are doing so they just short short short below the peg...

Several counter arguments:
-These shorts will be wrong; if the peg does not hold their (aka BTS) value will not go up...the stupid are punished by the market by taking their money...next time around they will be wiser... and in smaller number of crazie shorts btw.

-What is wrong with offering those bitUSD at a discount months and months before there is any real use for them? Nothing imho. All parties would have been made whole by now.

-Why do you think the useless tokens in the play game BTSX at the time should follow the rules for the real money of the future? Do you really think that playing poker with toothpicks teach you anything about how people behave when they play for real money?

Circular stupid argument- they will short lower and lower....BS... they will not. They expect the system to grow, this does not grow it....but if you insist they will both trust it and try to destroy it and themselves at the same time.... and act irrational go and defend it. Total BS.

I guess we have different POV. These things seem very obvious to me. I predicted the peg problems before the trading started in fact, same with the short term results of dilution. But as I said you should campaign to try an asset without a price feed in BitShares. I know your ideas & opinions command a lot of respect there and there was also a lot of interest in you being a delegate. This is something you can add to the list of ways & ideas with which you can add great value to BitShares. It might tip the scale for you.

RPC doesn't have any inflation at all, so I know it's probably not your thing anyway.

1. You do not get the main point with this suggesting for me to run just 'one asset to try it'. It does not work like it. You have to have the price of BTS dependent on the model implemented...if I have my single play bit asset it might (and I am pretty sure it will) behave the way described in the 'fail system' described by you.

2. 'I know your ideas & opinions command a lot of respect there and there was also a lot of interest in you being a delegate.'
 I do not think so...on all points in the above statement.

3.RPC doesn't have any inflation at all, so I know it's probably not your thing anyway.

That's funny. I do not like inflation, actually I dislike far more than you...but you do like it if it is pre-determined even if it is 260% ...example - Sparkle  ;)

btw ,We took this thread well off topic, so if you want to continue arguing we can take it to whatever other venue you like, but not in this thread anymore.

Well you campaigned very strongly for adding dilution to BTSX was my point.
No I don't like the inflation model of Sparkle at all, but yes I prefer it to undefined dilution.

I agree about the arguing in this thread :)

I like Rand Paul Coin  much better than the random Sparkles...

-No 260% Inflation.
-No POW, No 'Prove of Waste'.

Why?

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
Wow! Amazing!  Crypsty ftw! Making their customers withdraw funds to get sharedropped! 

I guess you baahaahhh baahhhh...srry forgot what i was saying.  Isnt there another exchange for rpc?? I dont want to go to that shit hole.

Offline cryptocc

• View Profile
Wallet on Cryptsy is fixed, so get your coins into your wallets.

Offline fuzzy

Cryptsy?

Why is anyone here using Cryptsy after they didn't honor the pts/btsx snapshot and kept it for them selves.

You are unkind! Cryptsy is the only exchange that trades RonPaulCoin. We had no choice.

The one thing we need is a truly dpos/sharedrop friendly centralized exchange..
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Cryptsy?

You are unkind! Cryptsy is the only exchange that trades RonPaulCoin. We had no choice.

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Cryptsy?

Offline fuzzy

Update: it seems cryptsy will likely be finished updating the wallet Thursday (today or next Thursday is not yet clear). 

So at the very least, they seem to at least be open to letting users withdraw.  More to come as it is given.

I have explained the seriousness of the situation, so hopefully they have it ready in time. I have reached out to my contacts, but it also can't hurt to send more support tickets so they know a lot of people are concerned.
I am for letting the free market fix this. Exchanges like cryptsy need to change or go the way of the dinosaur.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cryptocc

• View Profile
Update: it seems cryptsy will likely be finished updating the wallet Thursday (today or next Thursday is not yet clear). 

So at the very least, they seem to at least be open to letting users withdraw.  More to come as it is given.

I have explained the seriousness of the situation, so hopefully they have it ready in time. I have reached out to my contacts, but it also can't hurt to send more support tickets so they know a lot of people are concerned.