Author Topic: Rand Paul Coin wants to use DPoS  (Read 22059 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
An asset? That would be very cool. Better clear it with Rand, though.

Xeldal

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I'd rather see an asset than another chain...

That's a fair point.  With the strong deflationary priority they might be worried that BTS isn't a sound foundation, but it would be easy enough to fork off if Bitshares ever seemed in danger of hyper-inflationary collapse.  :P

That would save them the overhead of a full new chain and new set of delegates

clout

I'd rather see an asset than another chain...

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Buying a microscopic dose of Ron Paul coin just in case.. Have a friend who wanted to invest in that one a while back, hope he didn't lose too much :/

Haha, throw 100 bucks in and you control 1% of the shares. This could be fun :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline GaltReport

Dude.  Rand ain't a libertarian.  He's a libertarian leaning republican.  Temper your expectations, or you will be as disappointed as the anti war, pro civil liberties supporters of Obama are.
+5%

Offline fuzzy

Buying a microscopic dose of Ron Paul coin just in case.. Have a friend who wanted to invest in that one a while back, hope he didn't lose too much :/

I know I lost a very decent amount (to me, at least). 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline WebDevGeek

• View Profile
Being the best liberty senator in the US senate is a very low bar.  I would vote for him if there was something else that got me to vote.

Offline fuzzy

Dude.  Rand ain't a libertarian.  He's a libertarian leaning republican.  Temper your expectations, or you will be as disappointed as the anti war, pro civil liberties supporters of Obama are.

I actually cant wholly disagree there.. he DID attend bilderberg.  But having ron as a father has to count for something.  Biggest thing to me though...is getting political support for bitshares.  If that happens, we have "legitimacy".  Of course from there it is up to us what we do with it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:42:50 am by fuzzy »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
He has proven that he is willing to go along to get along.  I would love nothing more than to entertain the notion that this has all been an elaborate scam to make it by the special interests that control his party.  That would be folly.

Either way though.  This coin honors the social contract, and could be a benefit to me both economically and socially.  (We can't forget the amazing good caused by Ron's lat two campaigns.)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I'm with you there. He'd be a lot better on some issues, but worse on others thst he'd rather not talk about. And there is plenty of groveling to come. In order to win a single primary in today's GOP, one needs to be certifiably crazy or build up tremendous favors with the corporate interests that control the party. In most states, you also need blessings from the right wing evangelicals. That fundamentalist, hateful, and racist wing of the party will either force Rand to dumb down his tolerant positions on social issues (even more than John McCain's ugly groveling or Mitt Romney's flip-flopping) or else Rand won't get farther than Kentucky.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

This is great news!  Alt coins making their way into the market with 10%PTS/10%AGS just as planned  8)

Apparently those complaining about BM killing PTS were wrong huh? :P

Suppose bytemaster may have known something all along that many people didn't...that he didn't intend to be the King of BitShares, just the genius who designed it for a free people.

Never been more proud to have witnessed this from the beginning.  Playing a role, no matter how small...will someday be looked upon by all of us as an amazing honor.

Now let me get back to chatting with my buddies so we can see about helping elect crypto's first libertarian President.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 02:44:23 am by fuzzy »

Offline yellowecho

This is great news!  Alt coins making their way into the market with 10%PTS/10%AGS just as planned  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573