Author Topic: Paid delegate to aid specifically on "bitshares toolkit" ?  (Read 4998 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Will there continue be such a toolkit?

Was there ever a toolkit ?   

I'm not being a smartass. I'm confused at your response.

There was a toolkit, right? I'm asking will it continue exists.

Correct me if I am wrong but the toolkit was always the first DAC, bitshares X.  So then DNS came around which seemed like something reasonable to fork instead, but it was never named "bitshares_toolkit".  The problem is beyond a few utilities here and there, it isn't much of a framework for creating DACs. 

I'm not complaining as I've accepted these changes etc, but if BTS expects sharedrops instead of PTS/AGS, then it seems to me they should do something to help enable third party DACs going forward.

I'm just curious what the community thinks of this line of thought.

I'm not sure if this is correct . My understanding is that the toolkit has the core technology in it, so you got DPOS, you got the market, the peg mechanism,Titan,etc. Now of course  you need to modify it if you want to make a different DAC. I.E Bithshare Music although it has a completely different business model is basically BithsareX with very few changes AlphaBar PTS same think. HackerFisher could confirm if PLAY it is using the toolkit to make the DAC.  So given the fact that  it is open source and already a few DACS are using it I think we can call it the DAC framework.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

BTW what are the multiple projects sharedropping to AGS/PTS ?  The ones I can think about were planned before BTS.

Both alphaBit's proposed DPoS currency and this RnadPaulCoin thing.  (In addition to earlier planned htings like PLAY).

Alphabar's DPOS currency is supposed to replace to PTS 1:1.  So of course it won't be sharedropping on BTS.  Reading their forum they want to gut btsx out of a lot of features and make a bare currency.  (At least I think that is their plan)

RandPaulCoin is just some random altcoin that doesn't seem to innovate much.  (Although we need some altcoins)

PLAY was decided some time ago.

It just seems to me that if BTS wants to be sharedropped on, then they need to provide more value going forward.  If the community is against that idea, then they really can't expect people to sharedrop to anything but AGS/PTS unless BTS has significantly improved what might be considered the toolkit.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Correct me if I am wrong but the toolkit was always the first DAC, bitshares X.  So then DNS came around which seemed like something reasonable to fork instead, but it was never named "bitshares_toolkit".  The problem is beyond a few utilities here and there, it isn't much of a framework for creating DACs. 

I'm not complaining as I've accepted these changes etc, but if BTS expects sharedrops instead of PTS/AGS, then it seems to me they should do something to help enable third party DACs going forward.

To some extent, there was such a codebase going to the toolkit direction. My concern is that will toolkit still be one of the target in this community.
Really hope people who want to develop DACs based on BitShares technology could continue effort on these.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

BTW what are the multiple projects sharedropping to AGS/PTS ?  The ones I can think about were planned before BTS.

Both alphaBit's proposed DPoS currency and this RnadPaulCoin thing.  (In addition to earlier planned htings like PLAY).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile
So BitShares killed PTS/AGS by removing official support.  This means all talk of toolkit is pretty much gone.

The new official suggestion is to sharedrop to BTS.

If this is the case then where are the BTS sharedrop projects?

I see multiple projects looking to sharedrop to PTS/AGS and none to BTS. 

Looks to me that PTS/AGS have not been 'killed' and are alive and well.

AGS is static and will always be there.  The PTS snapshot taken today will be part of the record and always available for a sharedrop.  At some point it will be dated, but none of this means that either are "alive and well".

I don't really want to get all negative about this, I'm just trying to gauge reactions to this and your feedback is as good as any.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
So BitShares killed PTS/AGS by removing official support.  This means all talk of toolkit is pretty much gone.

If this is the case then where are the BTS sharedrop projects?

I see multiple projects looking to sharedrop to PTS/AGS and none to BTS. 

Looks to me that PTS/AGS have not been 'killed' and are alive and well.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile

It hasn't been made clear what BTS will have over BTSX that would be useful to the regular DAC developer.  KeyID/KeyGraph seems too specialized.  The internal market seems like to be of use, but that was already paid for by AGS donations if I understand correctly.

So what are people's thoughts on paying a developer to further the work on the "toolkit".  Either via documentation or possibly a separate fork?

It seems to me that if BTS holders really believe that thirdy party dev's should sharedrop on BTS, then this is a completely reasonable request of BTS holders.

thoughts?