Author Topic: Am i missing somthing? price of PTS are going up AFTER snapshot?  (Read 7774 times)

zerosum

Here's the thing, I'm actually happy with the change. I was just playing devils advocate putting myself in the shoes of someone who is entirely a PTS holder. They got robbed plain and simple.

They didnt get robbed.  In fact, they made out better than the rest of us.

PTSers got BTSX back in Feb.  Then they got DNS, VOTE, MUSIC.  Then they got MORE BTS, from their PTS, their DNS, and their VOTE.

Then they got PLAY, and other things (RandPaulCoin, AlphaBar's coin, etc).

And they STILL get to sell their PTS now for more value, or hold it and try to get more snapshots in the future.

PTSers made out like bandits, while BTSX has gone down.
You are completely wrong on who got the short end of the stick here.

^^ The truth in simple terms.  +5%

Only 3 things were not done for them:

-Finding a way to make them donate their PTSs to AGS while keeping those PTS in their accounts.

-Keeping the price of PTS now, as it was at its all time high.

-Making them happy... for once.

for not achieving those 3 - They got robbed plain and simple per bitmeat and Aphabar.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Is there something i don't know? I thought they would be near worthless today.

Looks like the only thing i missed was selling when they were up 20%  :)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Probably the reason is simpler that you thought----Play will honor PTS holders, and a lot of guys love PLAY(so far as I know in Chinese Community, because the core developer of PLAY is a Chinese in Shanghai).

Uhh...PLAY snapshot already happened yesterday though, right? No use holding PTS now, really...unless you want Rand Paul Coin I guess.

But anyway, the price is starting to crash slow and steady...price just looks high on CMC because the BTC38 price is still there, pulling up the average (even though they stopped trading).

Rand Paul was also snapshot yesterday.
Any idea if/when the next block Will be? It's been about 10 Hours now

is mining speed down to 10 hours per block?? Doesn't that mean it will never be able to retarget and will thus go completely inert? That will be interesting to see. If any news of new projects snapshotting it comes up then it can probably even come back to life with no major complications

Offline graffenwalder

Probably the reason is simpler that you thought----Play will honor PTS holders, and a lot of guys love PLAY(so far as I know in Chinese Community, because the core developer of PLAY is a Chinese in Shanghai).

Uhh...PLAY snapshot already happened yesterday though, right? No use holding PTS now, really...unless you want Rand Paul Coin I guess.

But anyway, the price is starting to crash slow and steady...price just looks high on CMC because the BTC38 price is still there, pulling up the average (even though they stopped trading).

Rand Paul was also snapshot yesterday.
Any idea if/when the next block Will be? It's been about 10 Hours now

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Fine. I'll admit that I've been trying to put myself in the shoes of PTS holders and voicing what I felt would be my experience. I have a very tiny PTS holding so I'm not really affected.

I was playing devils advocate. But sure just to appease you - I'm a FUDder I should be lynched, my PTS and BTS taken away and my username banned lol Oh and all my posts should be removed. :)
I am all for compassion and love, therefore I admire you putting yourself in shoes of PTS holders and voicing grievances on their behalf.
But this sentence
I think the Chinese community has abandoned BTS but are sticking with PTS. (Not all but some)
smells like FUD to me. You could of expressed your thoughts in many more different ways not to sound like FUD, but you didn't. You choose pricesley those words and they smell like FUD to me.

Agree. That statement was quite inaccurate.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Here's the thing, I'm actually happy with the change. I was just playing devils advocate putting myself in the shoes of someone who is entirely a PTS holder. They got robbed plain and simple.

They didnt get robbed.  In fact, they made out better than the rest of us.

PTSers got BTSX back in Feb.  Then they got DNS, VOTE, MUSIC.  Then they got MORE BTS, from their PTS, their DNS, and their VOTE.

Then they got PLAY, and other things (RandPaulCoin, AlphaBar's coin, etc).

And they STILL get to sell their PTS now for more value, or hold it and try to get more snapshots in the future.

PTSers made out like bandits, while BTSX has gone down.
You are completely wrong on who got the short end of the stick here. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Fine. I'll admit that I've been trying to put myself in the shoes of PTS holders and voicing what I felt would be my experience. I have a very tiny PTS holding so I'm not really affected.

I was playing devils advocate. But sure just to appease you - I'm a FUDder I should be lynched, my PTS and BTS taken away and my username banned lol Oh and all my posts should be removed. :)
I am all for compassion and love, therefore I admire you putting yourself in shoes of PTS holders and voicing grievances on their behalf.
But this sentence
I think the Chinese community has abandoned BTS but are sticking with PTS. (Not all but some)
smells like FUD to me. You could of expressed your thoughts in many more different ways not to sound like FUD, but you didn't. You choose pricesley those words and they smell like FUD to me.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

I understand why people would find it really frustrating to have this happen to them, since it has been out of control of the average owner. But once they see the massive growth a unified superDAC can generate they will be alright. In the end most PTS holders probably also held BTSX, but didn't understand that if this merger hadn't happened then we would have seen the creation of a new DAC that would basically be an improved version of BTSX and which would compete directly with it. The shitstorm that would have generated would probably have been even worse.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Why don't you "man up" and admit that you are trying to spread FUD.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Here's the thing, I'm actually happy with the change. I was just playing devils advocate putting myself in the shoes of someone who is entirely a PTS holder. They got robbed plain and simple. They helped fund the growth of BTSX and got detailed. Again I'm happy with the change, all I was looking for was for I3 to admit that. Instead we have Stan doing damage control. Man up admit the fault and move on. I'll admit I haven't read the newsletter in detail. But PTS holders should not need a vesting period, plain and simple.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Future DACs inside BTS will likely NOT honor 10% even if they wanted to it would probably be hard. Stop giving play as example.

Once you are a business inside BTS you grow with BTS - far faster than as an outside DAC.  By adding value to BTS they grow BTS and therefore grow PTS/AGS derived shares in BTS.  By the same percentage.  And your revenue stream becomes part of the profits of BTS.  So the best model is that inside BTS you are a department or profit center of a bigger company.  One company engaging in multiple businesses.

Meanwhile, other developers will want to stay independent and still get the support of the two demographics that PTS and AGS have always represented.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Future DACs inside BTS will likely NOT honor 10% even if they wanted to it would probably be hard. Stop giving play as example.

Is it really a DAC if its inside of BTS or is it just a new function?  I tend to think its the latter.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

It was a blatant violation of the social contract. PTS holders are no longer entitled to 10% of future DACs. Can't expect people to just let that go. I agree with the change it was necessary, but it did affect some folks, it will leave a scar regardless.

False.  PTS and AGS continue to represent the exact same demographics as always and developers have the same motivation to target them with air drops.   We continue to recommend that the community insist on that behavior from developers seeking their support.  And PTS and AGS holders also naturally benefit from all efforts to grow the value of BTS.

Lol. Come on man. Let's call a spade a spade. Will prior AGS and PTS holders take in 10% each? Or will it be 7% of 10% or in other words 0.7% of future DACs instead of 10%. Are you sure, you honored that contract?

No, I have no interest in spreading FUD. I've been a supporter of this project for quite some time. That said I am glad I have reduced my position. But am still vested.

Please read the newsletter.  It's all explained there.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
It was a blatant violation of the social contract. PTS holders are no longer entitled to 10% of future DACs. Can't expect people to just let that go. I agree with the change it was necessary, but it did affect some folks, it will leave a scar regardless.

Why do you people keep harping on this? Read Stan's and toadt's replies, then note that PLAY and RandPaulCoin are both honoring the November 5 snapshot.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

False.  PTS and AGS continue to represent the exact same demographics as always and developers have the same motivation to target them with air drops.   We continue to recommend that the community insist on that behavior from developers seeking their support.  And PTS and AGS holders also naturally benefit from all efforts to grow the value of BTS.

Lol. Come on man. Let's call a spade a spade. Will prior AGS and PTS holders take in 10% each? Or will it be 7% of 10% or in other words 0.7% of future DACs instead of 10%. Are you sure, you honored that contract?

No, I have no interest in spreading FUD. I've been a supporter of this project for quite some time. That said I am glad I have reduced my position. But am still vested.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

No, dacs can still honor whatever they like. Look at PLAY

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I'm pretty sure the buying on Bter is mostly arbitrage bots. Some exchanges (like Cryptsy) still have very high prices, so a naive arbitrage bot could be buying up all the cheap PTS in order to sell it on the expensive exchanges.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Why am I feeling that you are spreading FUD (?)
My apologize if my bad English is the reason I made this assumption
  +5%
I am feeling as well that he is spreading FUD.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Why am I feeling that you are spreading FUD (?)
My apologize if my bad English is the reason I made this assumption

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
whatever shit-coins-bitcoin-clones  are compared with bitcoin...
the same will be the case with most dpos-clones compared to bitshares...

so be very careful with the future mega-shit-dpos-pump coins.

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Yes, there are talks of making a DPOS version of PTS so that independent airdrops could be done that honor the old contract. Just like PLAY. I think the Chinese community has abandoned BTS but are sticking with PTS. (Not all but some)

Whether that will go anywhere is another story.

lol

with a combined 24h volume at $8000  http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares-pts/#markets
talking about it "seriously" makes me thing you are joking! I really don't want to think something else(?)

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Yes, there are talks of making a DPOS version of PTS so that independent airdrops could be done that honor the old contract.

I think this could be a very interesting project. Not really excited about the airdrops, but a simple DPOS altcoin, that's been fairly mined, widely distributed, with some devs with large positions, and the potential for compensated delegates (think dev, marketing, legal). That's got good potential.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
people should accept change. I dont understand why everyone seems to care so much about PTS instead of moving on. It will just divide the community and it's resources
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Also not sure any mining is happening I.e. Not sure transfers in/out of exchanges would work.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Yes, there are talks of making a DPOS version of PTS so that independent airdrops could be done that honor the old contract. Just like PLAY. I think the Chinese community has abandoned BTS but are sticking with PTS. (Not all but some)

Whether that will go anywhere is another story.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Is there something i don't know? I thought they would be near worthless today.