Author Topic: Can Alphabar and Tonyk agree on something  (Read 4202 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:55:56 am by liondani »

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile

It is amusing how both myself and TonyK have been some of the more critical people on here. Keep trying to redeem yourself and frame it differently AlphaBar.  No, it isn't just you......

Now it is all poor me! poor me! poor me! Stop with the martyrdom shtick.

Wow you are really obsessed with me, following me around like a little puppy to respond to every comment. Just making yourself look foolish. :)

It will be good to just try to defend your points of view, instead of trying to point a finger to whomever is preventing you from doing so, in your mind...

just a suggestion....

I agree, but this guy doesn't stop the personal attacks. Just look at the last few threads I've commented in. Probably better to ignore him though...

Yes, probably should ignore me.  You're the one who started by calling for a 'public shaming' of us for your genous idea that no one respected around here agreed with.  (AFAIK)  Now you're just victim, victim, when you started it back up yourself.  It shows what sort of person you are.  And no, I don't think you need to be treated with anymore respect than you treat others.  Thats what it all boils down to.  No one minds you being mr gumshoe.

Look at the quote above.  You said I #1 follow you like a puppy and #2 look foolish.   I specifically addressed behavior of yours at least.  Amazing stuff.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:07:41 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

zerosum

We can argue with each other and even personally attack each others' believes and actions if necessary.

PS
I split the topic so I guess, it will be OK.
If not, somebody  will just move it to random discussion/rambling...when it moves out of hand.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile

It is amusing how both myself and TonyK have been some of the more critical people on here. Keep trying to redeem yourself and frame it differently AlphaBar.  No, it isn't just you......

Wow you are really obsessed with me, following me around like a little puppy to respond to every comment. Just making yourself look foolish. :)

It will be good to just try to defend your points of view, instead of trying to point a finger to whomever is preventing you from doing so, in your mind...

just a suggestion....

I agree, but this guy doesn't stop the personal attacks. Just look at the last few threads I've commented in. Probably better to ignore him though...

zerosum

just a suggestion....

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I'm just stating the facts as I see them buddy.  You're trying to do damage control.  How many times in these threads have you tried this 'oh poor me' gambit.  Get over it.  I don't respond to the vast majority of your comments, so please do not lie about what I do.  It shows your true colors.  I was the first one to bring up the issue being mentioned in this thread.  It is a done deal and not constructive moving forward.  I even said some mean alphabaresque things when I brought this up initially.  Yet you weren't around and now we're fanboys when you've caught up and the discussion is way past over.  It is just rubbish from you.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile

zerosum

I do not profess to know all the workings and intentions behind the use of these funds, which I have faith are noble. This is a young enterprise, so I imagine things have had to be done a certain way to this point. There is clearly a human element to many decisions where full accountability cannot be enforced by the block-chain. But these debates are visible to the outside world. It seems to me that going forward we should be striving as far as possible to show the world the best practices that our tools and technologies can possibly offer - for example in transparency, accountability, security, incentive and fairness. I can see some history in this thread that I'm not familiar with, so sorry if I am speaking "out of school".

Well, this forum is not a polished ad, made for a primetime TV spot. It is more of a family Thanksgiving...
And while reading  thousands upon thousands posts of stupidity here (and believe me I have done that), is no fun. I have also found tens of extremely brilliantly smart people that  I would have not met otherwise.

PS
And if something so happens to be so extremely controversial here... well, MethodX will for sure  Streisand the hell out of it.  :)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I do not profess to know all the workings and intentions behind the use of these funds, which I have faith are noble. This is a young enterprise, so I imagine things have had to be done a certain way to this point. There is clearly a human element to many decisions where full accountability cannot be enforced by the block-chain. But these debates are visible to the outside world. It seems to me that going forward we should be striving as far as possible to show the world the best practices that our tools and technologies can possibly offer - for example in transparency, accountability, security, incentive and fairness. I can see some history in this thread that I'm not familiar with, so sorry if I am speaking "out of school".

Offline gamey

• View Profile
maybe marketing guy are working hard ,but there is non achievement so far. how many exchange support BTS now , besides two Chinese exchange . how about cryptsy.com . many online store support Altcoin , take https://woodwallets.io/ as example, they support BTC ,LTC BLACKCOIN ,NXT ,and many other altcoin . Though BTS/bitusd is better than any of them. faster speed ,more stable price. but why they don`t support BTS,   does marketing  attempt to contact them for cooperation.
and I think our marketing are running in a wrong direction. BTS will change the world in the further ,but not now .BTS will cooperate with big company in the further ,but not now.
maybe it is a better way to let more exchange site support BTS , more small online store support BTS/bitusd .let more people know what is BTS.

It took cryptsy forever to accept NXT.  As I've come to know more and more things, I suspect the whole thing is done manually.  I suspect someone would need to pay cryptsy until our market cap grows a lot. 

Offline jojomaster

• View Profile
maybe marketing guy are working hard ,but there is non achievement so far. how many exchange support BTS now , besides two Chinese exchange . how about cryptsy.com . many online store support Altcoin , take https://woodwallets.io/ as example, they support BTC ,LTC BLACKCOIN ,NXT ,and many other altcoin . Though BTS/bitusd is better than any of them. faster speed ,more stable price. but why they don`t support BTS,   does marketing  attempt to contact them for cooperation.
and I think our marketing are running in a wrong direction. BTS will change the world in the further ,but not now .BTS will cooperate with big company in the further ,but not now.
maybe it is a better way to let more exchange site support BTS , more small online store support BTS/bitusd .let more people know what is BTS.
+5% +5% +5%

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
maybe marketing guy are working hard ,but there is non achievement so far. how many exchanges support BTS now , besides two Chinese exchange . how about cryptsy.com . many online store support Altcoin , take https://woodwallets.io/ as example, they support BTC ,LTC BLACKCOIN ,NXT ,and many other altcoin . Though BTS/bitusd is better than any of them. faster speed ,more stable price. but why they don`t support BTS,   does marketing  attempt to contact them for cooperation.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 07:18:40 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile
With respect to "marketing" payouts... those are not for "one guy" but for entire teams working on stuff.

I am not Rune or alphaBar... I do not care if it is one guy or 10...

I just hope the 'stuff' this/those guys are working on, is worth a million bucks upfront...more so than everybody else combined...

after all this amount is what? 65-85% of the whole AGS fund....

How funny to see you singing the same tune in the end... even though you disparage me in the process. I called for (i) a reasonable accounting of all funds (including marketing) and (ii) reasonable accountability in exchange for those funds. Seems you now want the same, but I'm afraid you will be accused of "spreading FUD" by the worshippers.

We might be after the same thing at the end... who knows... at least I am not trying to be disruptive, and I hope you are not too.
And yes I know, I will be unnecessary blamed and I might be also reasonably accused...I will just try to stay open minded for the truth and not only my personal interest.

I think the culture of this forum is somewhat flawed to be honest. There is a lot of groupthink and cheerleading that is celebrated as a virtue. If we weren't so averse to criticism we would be far better off in the end. It's true that we're on the same team, but for a niche technical product like cryptocurrency, I would expect a far less emotional and more rational debate around here. Hopefully things improve, but I think there is a leadership void that contributes to the problem.

zerosum

With respect to "marketing" payouts... those are not for "one guy" but for entire teams working on stuff.

I just hope the 'stuff' this/those guys are working on, is worth a million bucks upfront...more so than everybody else combined...

How funny to see you singing the same tune in the end... even though you disparage me in the process. I called for (i) a reasonable accounting of all funds (including marketing) and (ii) reasonable accountability in exchange for those funds. Seems you now want the same, but I'm afraid you will be accused of "spreading FUD" by the worshippers.

We might be after the same thing at the end... who knows... at least I am not trying to be disruptive, and I hope you are not too.
And yes I know, I will be unnecessary blamed and I might be also reasonably accused...I will just try to stay open minded for the truth and not only my personal interest.

Offline alphaBar

• View Profile