Author Topic: Bought at 6000 Satoshis now down to 5000ish?  (Read 3337 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

+5% Thanks very much for the info ! I'm noob in trading, so I wonder : how reliable is that analysis ? Do most people that want to sell big volumes put their orders in advance ?

Buy and sell walls are not all that reliable, because traders use them to try and manipulate the psychology of the market.

Sometimes someone who wants to buy a lot more at lower prices will put up a huge sell order and scare everyone, but then when the price goes down they buy, and then they remove the sell.

For example, now even the 800k sell wall is gone (it didnt get bought, the person who put it there removed it).  A very small amount of buying would drive the price back up to .125 CNY. 

It is possible that what I described above just happened.  Someone who wanted more Bitshares put up some huge sells, they got the price to go down 10%, they bought lower and then they removed the sells.

I'm not an expert trader myself either, but I think the most important thing is to make sure you are selling after rises, and buying after drops.  Not the other way around!  Buy low and sell high.  Don't sell low hoping it will go even lower, and then end up buying back higher than you sold.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
We just need to chew through that 800k sell wall at .117 at btc38, and then there is very little resistance until higher levels.

The good news about this recent drop is that there used to be a 3 million sell wall around .125.  But most of that got dumped to cause this drop, only this 800k sell remains of it.

+5% Thanks very much for the info ! I'm noob in trading, so I wonder : how reliable is that analysis ? Do most people that want to sell big volumes put their orders in advance ?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
We just need to chew through that 800k sell wall at .117 at btc38, and then there is very little resistance until higher levels.

The good news about this recent drop is that there used to be a 3 million sell wall around .125.  But most of that got dumped to cause this drop, only this 800k sell remains of it. 

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
 Thanks Ander for pointing that out. I did not realize that it was mostly caused by BTC going up.

Just to clarify I am in this for the LONG TERM.I believe that Dan will deliver on BTS so I am sticking with this for the next few years. I am really excited to see where this can go.

Thank you guys for the responses and wisdom.  +5%
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Ander

• View Profile
We havent actually dropped much in terms of USD.  Its just that bitcoin went up 5%. 

Based on momentum indicators I think we are much close to a low at this price and won't drop much more. 
1 day MACD turned green a couple days ago, indicating a new uptrend has started.  1 hour MACD is close to giving a buy signal as well, indicating that .112 CNY was probably the bottom of this little drop. 

Here is a good site to look at charts of BTSX price that are not measured in satoshis:
http://k.sosobtc.com/btsx_btc38.html

They are in CNY, but CNY is pegged to USD, so its basically in dollars. 

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I like these prices... just buy more
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Sounds like your looking for someone to tell you everything is going to be OK with your investment...

I'll give you a tip.  Go in with a plan for your investments.  Know what criteria will get you out of the trade (i.e. Price level break, fundamental shift, regulation...). This way you can sleep easy and relax with your decisions.  Asking us if you should hold on to your investment is just a form of confirmation bias.  Answer this question for yourself, "What did you think we would say?"

Listen closely to this one, islandking.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I bought a ton of Bitshares at 6000 and now it is down to 5000ish. I feel like I could have bought around 15% more if I waited 1 extra day :( Any advice?
Will the price matter in a few years?
Should I sell now to buy back lower?

Here is some advice. Immediately when you buy BTSX the first thing you ought to do it then save your value by buying BitUSD from within the Bitshares X client.

This way you're safe from the volatility until you've bought enough Bitshares that a little volatility will not scare you.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Such young and high risk-high return investments come with an expectation of volatility.  There's no way to guess the perfect entry point.  Selling and buying back is just as likely to result in a loss than a win.  It's a gamble unless you have new information.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I bought a ton of Bitshares at 6000 and now it is down to 5000ish. I feel like I could have bought around 15% more if I waited 1 extra day :( Any advice?
Will the price matter in a few years?
Should I sell now to buy back lower?

Before selling I would ask myself: "Am in this for the long run, or am I just trying to make a few bucks?"

No matter your answer to that question, you'll realize that selling would mean accepting an immediate loss, without any guarantee you can make a profit later on.

So, guaranteed loss, without knowing you can make up later. Not selling would mean no loss, at least until you sell. If you're unsure and don't like volatility, why did you invest in crypto in the first place? But in any case, nothing prevents you from selling as soon as it reaches 6000 satoshi again, cash out and invest in government bonds. This way you'll earn a guaranteed interest rate, and you'll probably sleep better.

EDIT: Even better, buy bitUSD with your BTSX, you'll get a better return than with government bonds!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 03:06:28 pm by Chuckone »

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Part of the reason the per BTC price is down is due to the recent BTC rally over $370. The CNY price of BTS is down a little bit, but that's just natural market movement. I say hold and be happy to be a part of something as revolutionary as BTS so early  :D

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Hold. 2 possible outcomes on the medium-long run :
1) BTS is successful, price goes to 1$ or more. Happy, whatever the buying price
2) BTS is not successful. It's basically worthless. Unhappy.

5000, 6000 or even 12000 satoshi doesn't really matter.

lzr1900

buy high sell low is good for you

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Sounds like your looking for someone to tell you everything is going to be OK with your investment...

I'll give you a tip.  Go in with a plan for your investments.  Know what criteria will get you out of the trade (i.e. Price level break, fundamental shift, regulation...). This way you can sleep easy and relax with your decisions.  Asking us if you should hold on to your investment is just a form of confirmation bias.  Answer this question for yourself, "What did you think we would say?"  Obviously on this forum 99% will tell you to hold and this thing is going to the moon, but that will be of little solace if the price crash's and you lose 50% or more of your investment.  A very likely possiblity.

Offline molecf

• View Profile