Author Topic: Merchant Marketing Pitch  (Read 9015 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
A few suggestions on these three items, inspired by your suggestion to "Help turn everything into a positive".

Improve Cashflow

You have immediate access to the proceeds from your sale without any delays or holding periods.

Eliminate Chargebacks

You are in control of your funds and no one can hit you with a chargeback after you have delivered the goods.

Reduce Liability

Eliminate the need to collect sensitive financial information form your customers.

Improve Cashflow

You have Gain immediate access to the proceeds from your sale without any delays or holding periods.

Eliminate Chargebacks --'eliminate' is just not an attractive word IMO

Chargebacks are History

You are in Take control of your funds! With BitUSD, chargebacks are a thing of the past.

--or replace BitUSD with a phrase which articulates the mechanism for eliminating chargebacks
--'Chargebacks are history' is just as good as saying 'welcome to the future' ;)

Reduce Liability
Eliminate the need to collect sensitive financial information form your customers.

Increased Security
Be free from the worry of managing customer's sensitive financial information.

Edit:
In summary, people like to Gain, Take, Increase, and be part of the future, or at least not part of the past
more than have, be, eliminate, and reduce

Great modifications, love the new phrasing about chargebacks are history.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline GaltReport

I have a feeling that many of the first merchants to adopt BitUSD will be merchants who are already accepting Bitcoin. I would mention something about the stability of BitUSD vs. the volatility of Bitcoin. i.e.; you won't have to worry about immediately converting sales in digital currency over to fiat, as BitUSD has stability.

We are assuming on/off ramps and liquidity... because that is guaranteed to come.
We are assuming 99% of merchants don't care about anything other than getting to Fiat and not being exposed to volatility... so for the purposes of the merchants we are pitching to BitUSD needs to be the mental equivalent to actual USD.   

Remember... we know and care about how/why it works, merchants just care that it works and what the final result is.   

With the stuff we are working on I hope to find a solution where everyone can just use BitUSD as a dollar with no conversion spread.
+5% for everything you said above.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
A few suggestions on these three items, inspired by your suggestion to "Help turn everything into a positive".

Improve Cashflow

You have immediate access to the proceeds from your sale without any delays or holding periods.

Eliminate Chargebacks

You are in control of your funds and no one can hit you with a chargeback after you have delivered the goods.

Reduce Liability

Improve Cashflow

You have Gain immediate access to the proceeds from your sale without any delays or holding periods.

Eliminate Chargebacks --'eliminate' is just not an attractive word IMO

Chargebacks are History

You are in Take control of your funds! With BitUSD, chargebacks are a thing of the past.

--or replace BitUSD with a phrase which articulates the mechanism for eliminating chargebacks
--'Chargebacks are history' is just as good as saying 'welcome to the future' ;)

Reduce Liability

Increased Security
Be free from the worry of managing customer's sensitive financial information.

Edit:
In summary, people like to Gain, Take, Increase, and be part of the future, or at least not part of the past
more than have, be, eliminate, and reduce
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:51:17 pm by bits »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Eliminate Chargebacks

Strike for being too wordy and sounding like a "catch".

The merchants honesty should be implied and not questioned within the pitch.

+5%

Offline bobmaloney

Eliminate Chargebacks

Strike for being too wordy and sounding like a "catch".

The merchants honesty should be implied and not questioned within the pitch.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Looks Excellent. Maybe benefit of global reach -  Start accepting payments from around the world now!
+5%

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
edit:
Looks Excellent. Maybe benefit of global reach -  Start accepting payments from around the world now!
+5% +5% +5%
This is very important

Increase Profits

At just $0.02 per transaction you can increase your profit margins by several percent by eliminating credit card fees.

Am I right in thinking it is the customer who would pay the transaction fee when making a purchase?

What I mean is, aren't they 'push' transactions, whereby the customer pays the transaction fee?
Therefore when pitching to merchants can't we say that there is no transaction fee for them to pay when they sell?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 08:42:53 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

julian1

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Sounds good, with the assumption that on/off ramps will be in place when this goes up.

We are assuming 99% of merchants don't care about anything other than getting to Fiat and not being exposed to volatility... so for the purposes of the merchants we are pitching to BitUSD needs to be the mental equivalent to actual USD.   

Remember... we know and care about how/why it works, merchants just care that it works and what the final result is.   

With the stuff we are working on I hope to find a solution where everyone can just use BitUSD as a dollar with no conversion spread.

Awesome. But I'd also argue that security is a concern for merchants using a new system. It would be easy enough to reassure them that transactions are secure.

+5%
=============

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Sounds good, with the assumption that on/off ramps will be in place when this goes up.

Awesome. But I'd also argue that security is a concern for merchants using a new system. It would be easy enough to reassure them that transactions are secure.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
The only other thing I can think of here is to mention the coolness factor.  Just like 'bitcoin accepted here' can lead to merchants getting new business from bitcoiners, so can 'bitUSD accepted here'. 

Yes. BitUSD would bring in new customers and gain the merchant coverage in the media. This effect is most prominent when you are among the first merchants to adopt (not so effective now with Bitcoin). This is a very good selling point if there are merchants who hesitate when they don't see others doing it! There must be solid examples of this happening with Bitcoin, which could be used to convince merchants. I believe these sort of new customers were shown to spend more too!

With BitUSD customers don't need to do any mental arithmetic to convert from BitUSD to USD - benefit over Bitcoin.

With BitUSD, as a result of the increased profits from lowered fees, the merchant can offer a discount to customers. This discount is OBVIOUS with the BitUSD price against the USD price - benefit!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

I have a feeling that many of the first merchants to adopt BitUSD will be merchants who are already accepting Bitcoin. I would mention something about the stability of BitUSD vs. the volatility of Bitcoin. i.e.; you won't have to worry about immediately converting sales in digital currency over to fiat, as BitUSD has stability.

We are assuming on/off ramps and liquidity... because that is guaranteed to come.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile

Reduce Liability

Spotted a typo (in case you copy & paste to somewhere important)

Increase Profits

At just $0.02 per transaction you can increase your profit margins by several percent by eliminating credit card fees.

Am I right in thinking it is the customer who would pay the transaction fee when making a purchase?

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Looks solid:

- High risk merchants should have a slightly modified version focusing in on immediate profit
- On/off ramps will be critical.  Payment processors work so well in this space because the business can designate how much is paid in coin, how much in fiat
=============

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The only other thing I can think of here is to mention the coolness factor.  Just like 'bitcoin accepted here' can lead to merchants getting new business from bitcoiners, so can 'bitUSD accepted here'.