Author Topic: T Swift  (Read 2982 times)

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Feel free to reach out to her and her fan base guys.

But we will only move forward with the "big boys" once we have something the corporate world can see and get numbers on. They don't want people with ideas, they need actual proposals with simulators, etc.

The streaming model we have come up with this week would GREATLY benefit the big artist. More about this soon.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Completely agree.  She has zero interest in a project like this from a personal financial perspective.  So why is she taking such a stand with Spotify?  I guess I wonder if she is taking a stand on behalf of other artists.  Perhaps she understands she has power in the industry that most others do not have and she feels strongly about it.  If, in fact, she is doing this out of principle, out of some higher purpose, then she may be receptive to cob's very elegant solution.

This is probably why:  https://twitter.com/swiftonsecurity/status/525476262966333440

She seems to be realizing the nature of our current state of affairs...and I am sure being so close to the Music Industry that helps push along the Police state agenda on a cultural level makes her even more upset. 

Taylor Swift man...what a woman.  She would guaranteed love bitshares.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Completely agree.  She has zero interest in a project like this from a personal financial perspective.  So why is she taking such a stand with Spotify?  I guess I wonder if she is taking a stand on behalf of other artists.  Perhaps she understands she has power in the industry that most others do not have and she feels strongly about it.  If, in fact, she is doing this out of principle, out of some higher purpose, then she may be receptive to cob's very elegant solution.

Spotify is the worst of the worst when it comes to paying artists. It basically pays artists a fraction of a fraction of a cent for what seems like thousands of plays.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Celebrity endorsements are great, but where this platform can really make an impact is in the EDM community.  DJs get paid to promote other peoples music.  The next step in this evolution is for DJs owning shares in the artists they promote.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
I came here to suggest the same thing as the OP. Peertracks will need some big artists to go mainstream. I think Tswift might be a good candidate. She obviously sees the value in making more per play than traditional services. Radiohead comes to mind also.. they are very outspoken when it comes to piracy.
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline Hanny6000

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Sure, go for it. But anyone who's that fabulously successful already owes a lot of her success to a record company and agent and producer, etc. A musician's entourage can still have a role to play in this if he/she chooses to cut them in with PeerTracks. But I think it will work best for mid-range artists who may not have an exclusive deal with a record company. They have talent and they have a modest fan base who comes to their regional concerts, but they've never been 'discovered' to the point where they could monetize their music. Now they can. 

At some point, would a large scale manager or record company use PeerTracks to showcase their next big thing? Maybe so.

Offline Hanny6000

• View Profile
So this may be a bit premature given that BTS Music platform is still in development, but Taylor Swift's disgust with Spotify this week is exactly what BTS Music is working to remedy.  Is there any way Cob / Eddie can reach out to anyone on T Swift's team?  Janitor, driver, dog walker?  :-)  It may be a long shot but by all appearances, her opinions seem to align with BTS Music, and she clearly has the power to influence.

Even if the connection is not made now, her opinions are likely a reflection of the larger artist community and her boycott can only help to inform the general public.  Powerful artists like T Swift are so important to that tipping point.