Author Topic: Mumbe hangout 11-7 VERY INTERESTING talk about plans and new marketing !!!  (Read 3291 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Thanks for the effort!

just a small thing: please write session's actual date instead of "newest"in the title.

You're right.  It gives a sense of urgency since I am cleaning it up and posting it same day (usually).  I think I just ran out of room in title though.

Marketing is kinda a fun game, testing out things.  Oh yea and midday daytime bump.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline lakerta06

Thanks for the effort!

just a small thing: please write session's actual date instead of "newest"in the title.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
The discussion about onramps was very exciting!

Although I dont get why these onramp startups would wait before going public. There is no harm in creating at least a landing page. For example Coinfloor.co.uk was promoting their benefits for months before launching, such as regulatory compliance and solid security etc. Why not get attention as early as possible?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 01:58:18 am by speedy »

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
 +5% Thanks for posting these. It helps me understand BTS better and see what the future plans are.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline fuzzy

Thank you so much for this. These hangouts keep strengthening my confidence in my investment choice. BM does not oversell, is perfectly clear and open to discussion, I love it.

And unedited save for a few um's and ah's...

The ONLY place in crypto you will get this, literally.  We put you in the driver's seat so you do not have to rely on people interpreting content or giving themselves insider knowledge by omitting portions of content.  Please always remember that even after Beyond Bitcoin expands...it is because of the BitShares community and Devs that it was made possible. 
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 11:40:02 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Thank you so much for this. These hangouts keep strengthening my confidence in my investment choice. BM does not oversell, is perfectly clear and open to discussion, I love it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Thanks for posting these recordings, very valuable.

One thing I was not clear was how VOTE and DNS fit into "the future of banking". BM alluded to things like reputation and ID, but it was a bit vague to me. What do each of these DAC concepts contribute to the future of banking paradigm and will they still be aiming to offer services that are not actually closely tied to this?

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile

zerosum

I like it...partially because nothing illegally (aka without my consent) was posted that involved me speaking....

Offline gamey

• View Profile

THis has been one of my of my favorite shows.  I was not happy with all the changes recently but I said what I wanted. The hangouts were kinda a sad affair in my opinion.  Not a lot of positive to be had by most.

Now I feel like things have changed.  I really believe we're only going up from here and I'm not even really talking about market cap!  If I didn't believe in this, I would have left.  So give this a listen and I think you will be pleased.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-dan-talks-about-new-marketing-2014-11-07

0:00 Dan Larimer starts off talking about meeting with John Underwood and the remittance business.  Talk about the snapshot for BTS timeframes.  What has happened this week.
2:12 Bytemaster talks about the new vision for marketing and the ways in which BTS will be pitched.  He goes into discussion on how the vision has changed and where we're currently at. The future of banking!
11:00 Legal concerns about issuing stocks on the blockchain and the different approachs one might take to hopefully remain within the letter of the law.
13:30 A user asks about diverging away from traditional crypto-anarchists views.  The difference between currencies, stocks, and assets.
17:45 Value of a company being able to invest in public on the blockchain?
19:56 More discussion about what Bitshares is and isn't and how it relates to the masses.
23:10 Sending value over phone text messages?  Security issues and how it relates to the different class of BitShares users?  Those who own shares in a bank versus those who use the bank.
26:35 Discussion on civil asset forfeiture.
28:45 How do we differentiate what Bitshares provides vs. the banking industry ?
32:34 Is there possible to have a reputation system that is not tied into a real life identity ?
35:25 How does working for a DAC work within the traditional banking system ?
37:02 What about loans and credit that are available from traditional banks?  How does this play into marketing?
38:40 Discussion of negative interest rates at banks in Europe.  Are banking fees compareable to negative interest?
41:00 What about the possibility of crytp-currencies being blocked at the router level ?
45:33 On-ramps ?
47:00 Changes in marketing in the near term ?
51:05 Any estimation on block #  for the hardfork for BTS switchover?
52:41 Lets talk about the status and issues with the forums.
1:01:37 Lets talk about Proof of Waste !
1:03:05 Sidechains?
1:06 What about the analogy of mining?  Discussion of Ethereum and Dan gives a high level analogy that points out the wonky logic.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:53:05 pm by gamey »