Author Topic: Official Announcement for BitShares PLAY Allocation  (Read 27690 times)

Offline lakerta06

Your opinion seems to be shared by a number of people who used to promote and stand behind the concept of PTS. A lot of people sold their PTS because they thought, for whatever reason, the social contract transferred to BTS.
You are right, social contract did not necessarily transfer to BTS, however, the probability of any "new" profitable DAC coming out that honors the social contract essentialy became near zero. I3 will not be developing a new DAC in near future and MUSIC does not count because it was already snapshotted.

I blame the term "merger" for the confusion. There wasn't a merger.Nothing was bought or sold. If Pepsi share dropped 10:1 Pepsi:Coke shares on all holders of Coke stock would anyone think that Pepsi just bought out Coke, or the value of Coke? No, they'd say: Sweet - thanks for the free shares.
In the case of Coke, Coke would still be functional, still producing value and giving dividends. It would still be profitable. There would be no value transfer from Coke to Pepsi. However, in the case of PTS there is a value transfer: probable earnings from future developments.

I hope I made my point clear - not a native speaker...

Offline Riverhead

I can excuse only the too big to sell their entire position in reasonable time...
For the rest of the post November 5th PTS holders - they can go to hell, if they expect future share drops.

[disclaimer] One man's opinion only. Mine.

Your opinion seems to be shared by a number of people who used to promote and stand behind the concept of PTS. A lot of people sold their PTS because they thought, for whatever reason, the social contract transferred to BTS.

I blame the term "merger" for the confusion. There wasn't a merger.Nothing was bought or sold. If Pepsi share dropped 10:1 Pepsi:Coke shares on all holders of Coke stock would anyone think that Pepsi just bought out Coke, or the value of Coke? No, they'd say: Sweet - thanks for the free shares.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
Hey guys, here are free shares in a potentially billionaire company !

What do ? Grumble and complain that you should have had more ! Crazy.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline amencon

• View Profile
Sounds fair enough to me, thanks HackFisher.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

+5% for this allocation.

Anything you do you're going to have a group of super happy people, a group of satisfied people, and a group that thinks their getting screwed. Just have to put your stake in the ground :).

Looking forward to PLAY.

Amen riverhead.  What is cool to me about this entire ecosystem is that no matter which path a dev chooses, he or she will likely frustrate some...creating a potential "in" for competitors.  So over time you will continue to see more competitors enter the scene fighting over the invested demographics by sharedropping on those who feel like they are the ones who "got screwed". 

This is a stark contrast to Bitcoin's Pump and Dump schemes where devs are incentivized to create many clones with small feature sets and force people who want to potentially hit it big to buy into potential scams (of which 95%+ probably are) with the only token of somewhat-proven value.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

+5% for this allocation.

Anything you do you're going to have a group of super happy people, a group of satisfied people, and a group that thinks they're getting screwed. Just have to put your stake in the ground :).

Looking forward to PLAY.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 07:34:22 pm by Riverhead »

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Please refer http://bitsharesplayfoundation.org/ for details.

I don't think the subscription form at the bottom of the page is working. When trying to submit, the email field gets highlighted in red.

Thanks, we'll fix this ASAP.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline joele

• View Profile
What about those BTS in the Market pending orders? does it count? otherwise we need to cancel those orders before snapshot.

Offline roadscape

Please refer http://bitsharesplayfoundation.org/ for details.

I don't think the subscription form at the bottom of the page is working. When trying to submit, the email field gets highlighted in red.
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Ah, I get your point. The reason make sense, but I still think it's better to avoid any further change, since BTS are merging AGS/PTS and want to give it an end. I thought The AGS/PTS contributions are already well evaluated by being merged to BTS, and the 10/10 AGS/PTS is an extra reward to PTSer/AGSer's support to BitShares DACs. I don't even clear whether third party DACs are still required to honor AGS/PTS, but PLAY do.

+5%

Stan has made posts stating that they invite and fully expect 3rd parties will honor PTS/AGS holders as a means of gaining more traction.  I am of the belief that this will also be the case.  Some of the PTS/AGS holders will be very frustrated that they will no longer receive sharedrops from BTS...which will create a pretty big divide for some.  Many who want to compete in this space will see this divide as an opportunity and will see a great opportunity in sharedropping on them.  Why?  Because PTS/AGS holders were who composed the core community that helped bring BitShares the second largest community in crypto--despite a practical media blackout that BitShares had to endure from the Proof of Waste (PoW) community.

You have to admit that the demographic that continues to hold PTS is the most loyal of the loyal and likely to be the most grateful of the grateful.  An awfully compelling target for a developer looking for a group of DAC-savvy people who will not dump come hell or high water.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:35:10 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

zerosum

Ah, I get your point. The reason make sense, but I still think it's better to avoid any further change, since BTS are merging AGS/PTS and want to give it an end. I thought The AGS/PTS contributions are already well evaluated by being merged to BTS, and the 10/10 AGS/PTS is an extra reward to PTSer/AGSer's support to BitShares DACs. I don't even clear whether third party DACs are still required to honor AGS/PTS, but PLAY do.

+5%

Stan has made posts stating that they invite and fully expect 3rd parties will honor PTS/AGS holders as a means of gaining more traction.  I am of the belief that this will also be the case.  Some of the PTS/AGS holders will be very frustrated that they will no longer receive sharedrops from BTS...which will create a pretty big divide for some.  Many who want to compete in this space will see this divide as an opportunity and will see a great opportunity in sharedropping on them.  Why?  Because PTS/AGS holders were who composed the core community that helped bring BitShares the second largest community in crypto--despite a practical media blackout that BitShares had to endure from the Proof of Waste (PoW) community.

I can excuse only the too big to sell their entire position in reasonable time...
For the rest of the post November 5th PTS holders - they can go to hell, if they expect future share drops.

[disclaimer] One man's opinion only. Mine.

PS sorry for posting partially off topic.

Offline fuzzy

+5%

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I get snapshot from my funds that will be vesting in BTS as well?

Haha, this will get complicated.

Scenario:

I held PTS on Nov 5. I got PLAY and BTS from these PTS.

Then I get more PLAY from the BTS that I got from my PTS on Nov 5.

So holding PTS on Nov 5 was a double bonus because those PTS are effectively being snapshotted twice. Nice. :)
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."