Author Topic: Official Announcement for BitShares PLAY Allocation  (Read 27664 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi I'm new to this BTS stuff. Do I just need to have BTS in my wallet to get the BTS Play?
Yepp .. just keep them until the snapshot on 2014-12-08

Offline koromochii

• View Profile
Hi I'm new to this BTS stuff. Do I just need to have BTS in my wallet to get the BTS Play?

merockstar

I can excuse only the too big to sell their entire position in reasonable time...
For the rest of the post November 5th PTS holders - they can go to hell, if they expect future share drops.

[disclaimer] One man's opinion only. Mine.

PS sorry for posting partially off topic.

I think I might agree with that if they had more than two weeks notice.

Offline fuzzy

Is vested balance included in the snapshot? (I guess it is..)
yes. but please hackerfish, correct me if i'm wrong ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Is vested balance included in the snapshot? (I guess it is..)
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Market orders and collateral on market will also be honored too, the allocation to collateral will be divided between long and short according to current price feed.

this means bitUSD is being share-dropped on? unlike, with sharedrop on BTS or PTS, bitUSD can be sold after snapshot for same value it is purchased for. it should be close to zero expense. and also additional benefit 1 bitUSD = 1.5 bitUSD worth of bitshares to be sharedropped on. crowd sale will raise less funds I think if people can just get playshares this way.
For 1x BitUSD, there are 3x BTS collateral, 3x BTS and -1x USD for short, 1x USD for long.

The long(BitUSD) will get 1x USD valued PLS whatever they are going to sell or buy(using 1x BTS to exchange).
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ag

• View Profile
Market orders and collateral on market will also be honored too, the allocation to collateral will be divided between long and short according to current price feed.

this means bitUSD is being share-dropped on? unlike, with sharedrop on BTS or PTS, bitUSD can be sold after snapshot for same value it is purchased for. it should be close to zero expense. and also additional benefit 1 bitUSD = 1.5 bitUSD worth of bitshares to be sharedropped on. crowd sale will raise less funds I think if people can just get playshares this way.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
AGS was used to fund the "life-giving" grant to PLAY ...how could it not get the larger allocation for which BM is advocates?  Doing so is simply the fairest option there is and would be respectful of those who made it possible for you to pursue your dream.

Hackerfish...please directly address why you do not support BM's, and many others, strong belief that PLAY allocation SHOULD more handsomely reward AGS over BTS.  THANK YOU.
Most members in our team oppose further change, that's one of the reason.
They are the people who make PLAY real, I would like to follow their concerns.

But you can still join delulo's poll, the result will be decided by the poll.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
AGS was used to fund the "life-giving" grant to PLAY ...how could it not get the larger allocation for which BM is advocates?  Doing so is simply the fairest option there is and would be respectful of those who made it possible for you to pursue your dream.

Hackerfish...please directly address why you do not support BM's, and many others, strong belief that PLAY allocation SHOULD more handsomely reward AGS over BTS.  THANK YOU.
Check out https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11412.0

Offline TanFan

• View Profile

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile
When snapshotting Play you should allocate collateral between shorts and longs based upon the price feed.

I also feel that AGS/PTS deserve more than BTS simply because AGS was used to fund your grant Hack Fisher.    So I would reverse the allocation if it were up to me.  10% BTS and 40% AGS/PTS.

I would also not do a pre-sale of any form.  Launch and fund with dilution.

That said I am just one opinion of many so do what you think is best.

I also support not to do crowdsale to avoid any legal issues.

I also support above post.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Can BTS that is locked up in a margin order be included in the snapshot? My gut tells me, probably not. Unless you were to take the initial BTS put up as collateral from each side of the trade?

If not, will BTS locked up in orders as collateral be excluded from the total supply the 35% allocation is honoring?

yes, as you described, market orders will not be included, the exactly definition would be the balance records in balance db (the balance you see in your wallet).

HackFisher... all stake regardless of where it is located should be considered.   If you need a script to dump it out for you that can be arranged.    Lets not make this complicated.

Yes, that's already been changed, market orders will be honored.

Awesome!  +5%

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Can BTS that is locked up in a margin order be included in the snapshot? My gut tells me, probably not. Unless you were to take the initial BTS put up as collateral from each side of the trade?

If not, will BTS locked up in orders as collateral be excluded from the total supply the 35% allocation is honoring?

yes, as you described, market orders will not be included, the exactly definition would be the balance records in balance db (the balance you see in your wallet).

HackFisher... all stake regardless of where it is located should be considered.   If you need a script to dump it out for you that can be arranged.    Lets not make this complicated.

Yes, that's already been changed, market orders will be honored.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

zerosum

When snapshotting Play you should allocate collateral between shorts and longs based upon the price feed.

I also feel that AGS/PTS deserve more than BTS simply because AGS was used to fund your grant Hack Fisher.    So I would reverse the allocation if it were up to me.  10% BTS and 40% AGS/PTS.

I would also not do a pre-sale of any form.  Launch and fund with dilution.

That said I am just one opinion of many so do what you think is best.
Actually the precise formula should be:
BBS holding per snapshot purposes = Total collateral + Total hold in the account + Total BTS in open orders

Giving new shares to holders of the product (bitUSD), as apposed to the shareholders of the company, those not make much sense in my world.