Author Topic: Official Announcement for BitShares PLAY Allocation  (Read 27229 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I get snapshot from my funds that will be vesting in BTS as well?

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile

Ah, I get your point. The reason make sense, but I still think it's better to avoid any further change, since BTS are merging AGS/PTS and want to give it an end. I thought The AGS/PTS contributions are already well evaluated by being merged to BTS, and the 10/10 AGS/PTS is an extra reward to PTSer/AGSer's support to BitShares DACs. I don't even clear whether third party DACs are still required to honor AGS/PTS, but PLAY do.

+5%

Offline GaltReport

+5% sounds good. You have my support.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Given that PLAY will have its own chain...
I understand that BTS has the bigger network effect but is 10/10 AGS/PTS and 35 BTS reasonable? AGS/PTS were the ones that enabled this and AGS/PTS are the proto coins with all the early supporters...

Hackfisher can do as he pleases as long as the social consensus honored. so this allocation is fine. why start complaining? This allocation is totally fine.

Sure he can do what he wants! Support is based on a perception of fairness. It was the same with the Music DAC which also offered 10/10 initially. The discussion after the allocation announcement in the end lead to a better allocation. Discussion (not complaining) is never bad.

As for me: I will support the PLAY DAC ANYWAY but I would find it more "fair" to have more for AGS/PTS since AGS/PTS contributed something of value (initial funding for the toolkit).

I can understand the people who held AGS/PTS but already sold BTSX might have concerns like you. But as soon as it's the BTS holder now are supporting the current codebase of BTS/BTSX, or toolkit, and PLAY is forking that codebase in some sense, so I think it is not a bad choice. And I was involved in BTSX to some extent, play will be more successful with support from BTS community members, they are holding here at least.

For Play, it will have a more wide distribution.
I did not sell any BTSX. The reason I brought it up is that there is a difference between the AGS holders that were honored by BTSX (pre Feb28 AGS donators) and all AGS donators (before and after Feb28).

Ah, I get your point. The reason make sense, but I still think it's better to avoid any further change, since BTS are merging AGS/PTS and want to give it an end. I thought The AGS/PTS contributions are already well evaluated by being merged to BTS, and the 10/10 AGS/PTS is an extra reward to PTSer/AGSer's support to BitShares DACs. I don't even clear whether third party DACs are still required to honor AGS/PTS, but PLAY do.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I understand that BTS has the bigger network effect but is 10/10 AGS/PTS and 35 BTS reasonable? AGS/PTS were the ones that enabled this and AGS/PTS are the proto coins with all the early supporters...

Hackfisher can do as he pleases as long as the social consensus honored. so this allocation is fine. why start complaining? This allocation is totally fine.

Sure he can do what he wants! Support is based on a perception of fairness. It was the same with the Music DAC which also offered 10/10 initially. The discussion after the allocation announcement in the end lead to a better allocation. Discussion (not complaining) is never bad.

As for me: I will support the PLAY DAC ANYWAY but I would find it more "fair" to have more for AGS/PTS since AGS/PTS contributed something of value (initial funding for the toolkit).

I can understand the people who held AGS/PTS but already sold BTSX might have concerns like you. But as soon as it's the BTS holder now are supporting the current codebase of BTS/BTSX, or toolkit, and PLAY is forking that codebase in some sense, so I think it is not a bad choice. And I was involved in BTSX to some extent, play will be more successful with support from BTS community members, they are holding here at least.

I did not sell any BTSX. The reason I brought it up is that there is a difference between the AGS holders that were honored by BTSX (pre Feb28 AGS donators) and all AGS donators (before and after Feb28).....and most of the development funds came from after feb28th donations.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:52:38 am by delulo »

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:23:16 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline graffenwalder

I think this is fair. 10% was the minimum. Even if you sold all your BTS(x), you're getting more than 10%, because of the 7% sharedrop to AGS/PTS in BTS.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Since BTSX was honoring AGS/PTS 50/50, so I think this should be fine for AGS/PTS holders.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 11:01:20 am by delulo »

Offline freebit

• View Profile
    • 比特虫
 不错,快快合并吧,一起做大做强DACS产业。

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
sounds good to me. will help and promote as i can.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I could not follow things super closely lately.
Will PLAY be included into the BTS chain?

PLAY will not be included to the BTS chain, but it will honoring/allocate/airdrop to it for the support from BTS.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:34:09 am by HackFisher »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I could not follow things super closely lately.
Will PLAY be included into the BTS chain?