Author Topic: Official Announcement for BitShares PLAY Allocation  (Read 27245 times)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
When snapshotting Play you should allocate collateral between shorts and longs based upon the price feed.

I also feel that AGS/PTS deserve more than BTS simply because AGS was used to fund your grant Hack Fisher.    So I would reverse the allocation if it were up to me.  10% BTS and 40% AGS/PTS.

I would also not do a pre-sale of any form.  Launch and fund with dilution.

That said I am just one opinion of many so do what you think is best.

I also support not to do crowdsale to avoid any legal issues.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile

sumantso

When snapshotting Play you should allocate collateral between shorts and longs based upon the price feed.

I also feel that AGS/PTS deserve more than BTS simply because AGS was used to fund your grant Hack Fisher.    So I would reverse the allocation if it were up to me.  10% BTS and 40% AGS/PTS.

With a 14 day PTS snapshot notice, which didn't happen.

I sold PTS and bought BTSX before snapshot. If the allocation is reversed AND there is no pre-sale then it would mean I wouldn't be able to get a decent amount. Normally I would've bought PTS to gain a stake but that window was squeezed with a 5 day notice.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I assume that if we haven't yet converted our BTS from the Feb 28 PTS/AGS snapshot that they will still be allocated in PLAY.  Similar to DNS and VOTE.  Is this correct?

Do you mean claim? make no different.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
I assume that if we haven't yet converted our BTS from the Feb 28 PTS/AGS snapshot that they will still be allocated in PLAY.  Similar to DNS and VOTE.  Is this correct? 
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

+5%

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline robrigo

Can BTS that is locked up in a margin order be included in the snapshot? My gut tells me, probably not. Unless you were to take the initial BTS put up as collateral from each side of the trade?

If not, will BTS locked up in orders as collateral be excluded from the total supply the 35% allocation is honoring?

yes, as you described, market orders will not be included, the exactly definition would be the balance records in balance db (the balance you see in your wallet).
This will kill the market.

We are currently evaluating this, and after a few tests, we may honor the market orders (_ask_db, _bid_db, _short_odb, _collateral_db) if the tests showing that it's OK to do so.

Thanks for addressing this question HackFisher. As was mentioned, snapshotting BTS in orders will help keep open orders on the BTS market during the snapshot. So it is a wise decision to find a solution for us early adopters that like to play in the market.

Either way, I am looking forward to seeing what is possible with the Play DAC. You have my support!

Offline fuzzy

I find this allocation to be ridiculous. Post Feb 28 holders are supposed to be rewarded for making much of this possible. Instead Btsx gets another huge allocation. Of course Hack fisher can do whatever he wants. But it is absurd in my opinion.

Here godzirra goes again..! From the ocean you can see his monstrous frame rise steadily, pools of water rushing down his scales like whitewater down a mountain pass...as he treads into the shores of bitshares playland.  He is looking for a million points...a record even his mother never achieved.  Men=10, women=15, children and elderly=20.  Buildings=400, Key infrastructure=1500.  Go our little angry lizard go! :D
I think godzirra has a valid point I also made before here!
Someone might have donated after feb 28th to AGS and gets close to nothing although he contributed the most to PLAY in terms of funding. Getting BTSX holders behind PLAY makes sense too but why should they get so much more than AGS/PTS without having contributed to funding?

simply trying to add some humor to the discussion...please everyone, try not to take this post as an attack on godzirra.  His alias just makes me want to make jokes with it.  Now I'll shut up and let the substantive arguments take place. :)

( disclosure:  I donated the majority of my AGS donations after the feb 28th snapshot.  I do recognize, however, that this is not a simple matter and fully expect things will not always work out perfectly in my favor.  This is fine to me as long as the developer seems to be trying his/her best to make things fair. It is not like we have a text book of best practices to follow...though discussions like these will likely be used to establish the precedence for such practices! )
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:53:33 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline 天籁

• View Profile
Can BTS that is locked up in a margin order be included in the snapshot? My gut tells me, probably not. Unless you were to take the initial BTS put up as collateral from each side of the trade?

If not, will BTS locked up in orders as collateral be excluded from the total supply the 35% allocation is honoring?

yes, as you described, market orders will not be included, the exactly definition would be the balance records in balance db (the balance you see in your wallet).

We are currently evaluating this, and after a few tests, we may honor the market orders (_ask_db, _bid_db, _short_odb, _collateral_db) if the tests showing that it's OK to do so.
+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile
I find this allocation to be ridiculous. Post Feb 28 holders are supposed to be rewarded for making much of this possible. Instead Btsx gets another huge allocation. Of course Hack fisher can do whatever he wants. But it is absurd in my opinion.

Here godzirra goes again..! From the ocean you can see his monstrous frame rise steadily, pools of water rushing down his scales like whitewater down a mountain pass...as he treads into the shores of bitshares playland.  He is looking for a million points...a record even his mother never achieved.  Men=10, women=15, children and elderly=20.  Buildings=400, Key infrastructure=1500.  Go our little angry lizard go! :D
Someone might have donated after feb 28th to AGS and gets close to nothing although he contributed the most to PLAY in terms of funding. Getting BTSX holders behind PLAY makes sense too but why should they get so much more than AGS/PTS without having contributed to funding?

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:13:09 am by delulo »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
awesome news! please do it!

makes ALOT more sense to me

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline 天籁

• View Profile