Author Topic: Now I'm completely confused. What exactly is going on with PTS, BTSX, BTS???  (Read 7671 times)

Offline fuzzy

It would help having a simple reference table for the DACs, listing key data about what snapshots have occurred; when; and how those honored the social contract relative to PTS/AGS/BTSX/BTS. There are already too many threads of complexity in BitShares let alone other flavours of crypto-assets, to expect most investors to watch all the detail. Just knowing which are considered within core dev team remit and which are seen as third party would be useful.

Perhaps such detail could be put into the wallet GUI? So that holders of BTS can see what is pending and what stage that is at. Anything to make the positives more visible will help.  8)

Great idea.  I'm for anything that makes it easier for newbies to the ecosystem and everyone else should be too imho.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Pheonike

I think its simple. Those who truly believe in Bitshares bought or converted to BTSX. Those that wanted to hedge didn't. I never owned pts, just AGS and btsx so I guess it was easier to not get confused, just buy and hold.

Offline davidpbrown

It would help having a simple reference table for the DACs, listing key data about what snapshots have occurred; when; and how those honored the social contract relative to PTS/AGS/BTSX/BTS. There are already too many threads of complexity in BitShares let alone other flavours of crypto-assets, to expect most investors to watch all the detail. Just knowing which are considered within core dev team remit and which are seen as third party would be useful.

Perhaps such detail could be put into the wallet GUI? So that holders of BTS can see what is pending and what stage that is at. Anything to make the positives more visible will help.  8)
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline fuzzy

Its more like: Some people ABSOLUTELY INSISTED on keeping PTS alive (AlphaBar, etc). 

So it stayed alive.

And so they will have to speculate with their time and effort in hopes of keeping it alive without any future sharedrops from I3.  What is the problem with this?

I dont have a problem with it. 
Its just that people somehow manage to be confused about every possible thing about the merger, and I wish they would just figure their shit out and realize they should be buying more Bitshares. :)

It will all work out in time.  If/when BTS goes hrough the roof, I think PTS will really shine.  If BTS doesnt...there is still a decent chance of devs reaching out to PTS holders.  maybe even old members of invictus' crew.  :)

PTS is going to be awesome either way so long as distribution does not become too centralized.  Unfortunately, i do not see so sweet an ending for AGS though.  Maybe I'm wrong!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Its more like: Some people ABSOLUTELY INSISTED on keeping PTS alive (AlphaBar, etc). 

So it stayed alive.

And so they will have to speculate with their time and effort in hopes of keeping it alive without any future sharedrops from I3.  What is the problem with this?

I dont have a problem with it. 
Its just that people somehow manage to be confused about every possible thing about the merger, and I wish they would just figure their shit out and realize they should be buying more Bitshares. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

So it stayed alive.

Offline fuzzy

the core change is in fact simple

I3 will not honor in the future PTS or AGS and "mergered" their promises in the new BTS SuperDAC

so AGS and PTS are worthless if you expect more DACs from I3

BUT

so social consensus for using the bitshares-toolkit is still in place so as a holder of AGS or PTS you can expect a minimum allocation of each 10% if the developers want the blessing and support from our community. So in fact this "speculation" will give PTS worth.

Hope now is everything clear!

Bbbbbbingo! +5%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Your logic doesn't make sense. You thought it wouldn't have any value after the snapshot so you held in your wallet and forgot about it. So where exactly are you losing anything? Is it because you could've earned a bit by selling after the snapshot which you didn't? Thats not a loss, more like some gains you've missed.

This was not like a snapshot for a new DAC where people were getting in and out of PTS because they knew price would spike before the snapshot and drop after it. This was a snapshot where all shares(PTS, AGS, BTSX, DNS etc.) would be combined into BTS. So how or why would any logic dictate that after this snapshot that any or all of them would still exist and be traded? They should all be worthless as they don't exist anymore. Only BTS does. BTW a gain I missed is exactly equal to a loss. Its called a lost opportunity and that opportunity was lost because only the few people truly in the know, knew exactly what was happening. I most certainly would have dumped every PTS and BTSX I had if i had even an inkling of a clue that I was supposed to. I sure as hell bet you did.

The newsletter and half my postings for the past two weeks have stated otherwise.   :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
The confusion is that we were told that PTS was being mergred into BTS which implies it won't exist anymore.  Then some people got upset about this so we were told it is really a "sharedrop" to PTS rather than a "merge".

So it stayed alive.

And therefore, people are totally fucking confused.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline GaltReport

The confusion is that we were told that PTS was being mergred into BTS which implies it won't exist anymore.  Then some people got upset about this so we were told it is really a "sharedrop" to PTS rather than a "merge".  This implies the possibility of continued existence of PTS.  This idea was further advance by saying that "future DACs" could still snapshot PTS (which PTS?  The "final" PTS snapshot or some continued existing PTS?).

I think this is what happens when you try to please everyone.

Offline bitcoinnoisseur

• View Profile
I appreciate everyone's replies and yes you have cleared many things up. However, as clear as you may think Bitshares announcement was, it most certainly was not to everyone. The fact that there are still many trading PTS makes that obvious. And the constant changes make it seem as though there is no direction.

busygin

I. "DNS snapshot was on 5th november, i missed to transfer my keys to the dns-wallet, so for dns my PTS keys are now useless? and i lost my share for the dns->"new bitshares" conversion now?
No, you didn't lose anything. Importing your PTS keys will give you "new bitshares" that you are eligible for via DNS.
II. "Is there already a "Vote" wallet and was the snapshot already?
There will be no separate Vote DAC/wallet. The features planned for Vote will be included in BTS eventually.
III. "How can i see all private keys which exits in the wallet.dat, because i'm missing one btc-donation for AngelShares, which i can't verify in the blockexplorer"
listaddressgroupings command in your PTS/BTC wallet console.
IV. "is there an overview of what exactly is going on in the bitshare ecosphere..?"
The Halloween letter people referred to here many times.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I'm not positive as I didn't hold any PTS, but from the sounds of it the PTS network was extremely slow following the snapshot on the 5th. Sounded like it took many hours (12+) for people's money to move to an exchange (BTER, probably) if they wanted to sell. The liquidity at BTER was pretty low after the snapshot; nothing like BTC38 (which immediately stopped allowing PTS trades). So in all actuality, there was probably a slim chance you would've been able to sell them at any decent price anyway.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
the core change is in fact simple

I3 will not honor in the future PTS or AGS and "mergered" their promises in the new BTS SuperDAC

so AGS and PTS are worthless if you expect more DACs from I3

BUT

so social consensus for using the bitshares-toolkit is still in place so as a holder of AGS or PTS you can expect a minimum allocation of each 10% if the developers want the blessing and support from our community. So in fact this "speculation" will give PTS worth.

Hope now is everything clear!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
They should all be worthless as they don't exist anymore.

There are people out there who want them to exist.  for example, alphaBar is pushing his new PTS based DPoS coin.

I most certainly would have dumped every PTS and BTSX I had if i had even an inkling of a clue that I was supposed to. I sure as hell bet you did.

Yes, everyone who held PTS shouldve dumped it immediately after snapshot while the price was high.  Basically a couple people managed to do this and they benefitted.  But everyone else didnt lose.  Everyone else stayed the same in terms of their value.  It doesnt hurt you that you didnt happen to be the lucky one.

I personally doubled my BTSX holdings after the price drop, a week ago.  I havent sold any and do not plan to until prices rise significantly.
There is no reason to dump BTSX.