Author Topic: Check Your Allocation - Episode II: Check It Again  (Read 30790 times)

Offline skystone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: skystone
I use the wallet_account_list_public_key command, but find out that none of the address have balance,who can help me?

Offline vikram

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BitShares/bitshares/sharedrop_revisions/libraries/blockchain/genesis.json

It would be nice if someone made one of those tools we saw for DNS or VOTE.

You need to link to a particular commit for these files--not a link to a page that will keep changing.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi I just used "wallet_check_sharedrop" in new client and numbers are huge.
 Does anybody knows where decimal place should be? Thanks  :)

BTS has precision 10^5 ... so you may need to move the (nonexisting) dot FIVE positions to the left :)

Offline bobb

• View Profile
Just wanted to help to check if the allocation is right :)
I am happy with the CLI btw.

I will import the keys in the new bitshares_client tonight and see if it worked.
Thanks for helping out, will keep you posted if everything worked.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Hi I just used "wallet_check_sharedrop" in new client and numbers are huge.
 Does anybody knows where decimal place should be? Thanks  :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
@xeroc: thanks but unfortunately that doesn't help much. I am using the DNS client to retrieve the keys as these are DNS balances.

Unless the client produces a lot of keys that do not 'hold' any DNS, my keys seem not to be part of the allocation as mentioned in the OP.
So either I missed something or there seems to be a problem.

I will export all the keys or increase the scroll buffer ;) to check every single key (by script) tonight.
Just was wondering that there are so many keys that are not in the genesis file.

If anyone knows an easy way to check if/how much a public key 'holds' please let me know.

I don't think what you are doing is required ..

in your keyid wallet folder (something like "%APPDATA/KeyId" .. or so) .. there is a wallets folder that should contain the "default" wallet.
rename it to walletkeyid and copy it into the wallets folders of BitShares ("%APPDATA%/BitShares/wallets")

In the CLI of bitshares you can simply open up the second wallet with "wallet_open walletkeyid" and take a look at your vested funds.

I hope the devs are working on a nice way to do this with the GUI too

Offline bobb

• View Profile
@xeroc: thanks but unfortunately that doesn't help much. I am using the DNS client to retrieve the keys as these are DNS balances.

Unless the client produces a lot of keys that do not 'hold' any DNS, my keys seem not to be part of the allocation as mentioned in the OP.
So either I missed something or there seems to be a problem.

I will export all the keys or increase the scroll buffer ;) to check every single key (by script) tonight.
Just was wondering that there are so many keys that are not in the genesis file.

If anyone knows an easy way to check if/how much a public key 'holds' please let me know.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:49:39 pm by bobb »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Which genesis stake are we talking here? Are we talking the very initial genesis
at block height 1 or are we talking the second genesis that airdropps to
VOTE/DNS/PTS/AGS?
about the sharedrop allocation this thread is about. (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BitShares/bitshares/sharedrop_revisions/libraries/blockchain/genesis.json)

wallet_account_balance_ids gives all addresses that contain a nonzero-balance

How can I match these addresses to the keys (or the addresses I need to check the allocation)?

From the release notes: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases

Candidate sharedrop vesting balances are available for manual review using the console command wallet_check_sharedrop
        Vesting balances will not be available for withdrawal until finalized in a later required upgrade

So you are searching for the command:

wallet_check_sharedrop

Haven't checked what it does yet .. haven't had time ..

edit: seems the command returns empty strings .. (at least over here) .. maybe you need to wait for the hardfork today
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:56:20 pm by xeroc »

Offline bobb

• View Profile
You have got the balances from initially importing your PTS/BTC AGS wallet.dat
file? or from an exchange?
From an exchange (DNS transferred a couple of days before the announcement)

Which genesis stake are we talking here? Are we talking the very initial genesis
VOTE/DNS/PTS/AGS?
about the sharedrop allocation this thread is about. (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/BitShares/bitshares/sharedrop_revisions/libraries/blockchain/genesis.json)

How can I match these addresses to the keys (or the addresses I need to check the allocation)?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:42:02 pm by bobb »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I ran into problem checking my allocation. 'wallet_account_list_public_keys' returns a lot of public keys (>100).
I tried to manually crosscheck some keys, but haven't found a reference/a mention into the genesis file.

Then I tried to map the account balance to the keys, but did not manage to.
I guess 'wallet_account_balance_ids'  didn't do what I thought it would, or at least I could not use the keys as reference to map it to the keys I could use to check the allocation.

synopsis:

- An account with about ten transactions in total has a lot of keys which seem not to be part of the genesis file.
- Is it possible that most of the keys don't hold a balance and why?
- How can I identify the keys that hold a balance?

Thanks in advance!

You have got the balances from initially importing your PTS/BTC AGS wallet.dat
file? or from an exchange?

VOTE/DNS/PTS/AGS?

wallet_account_list_public_keys gives all keys that are known to you wallet,
either you have them imported initially or they have been derived for your
TITAN addresses

Offline betax

• View Profile
Check my tool, just copy and paste all the output.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bobb

• View Profile
I ran into problem checking my allocation. 'wallet_account_list_public_keys' returns a lot of public keys (>100).
I tried to manually crosscheck some keys, but haven't found a reference/a mention into the genesis file.

Then I tried to map the account balance to the keys, but did not manage to.
I guess 'wallet_account_balance_ids'  didn't do what I thought it would, or at least I could not use the keys as reference to map it to the keys I could use to check the allocation.

synopsis:

- An account with about ten transactions in total has a lot of keys which seem not to be part of the genesis file.
- Is it possible that most of the keys don't hold a balance and why?
- How can I identify the keys that hold a balance?

Thanks in advance!

Offline svk

Toast I have added all the raw amounts and is a total of 499012499.99964666, is this correct? Am I missing something?

I get almost exactly the same value so I think it's correct. I've added it to the BTS genesis page as well, it's using the genesis json from the final release.

Code: [Select]
AGS+PTS+DNS+VOTE sharedrop:499,002,519.62 BTS
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline betax

• View Profile
Toast I have added all the raw amounts and is a total of 499012499.99964666, is this correct? Am I missing something?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads