Author Topic: For those who haven't already seen: BTSX to BTS hard fork on nov 12th  (Read 5137 times)

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Riverhead

Offline bubble789

• View Profile
so 12th Nov is when the actual "merger" happens, isn't it?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

We wanted to be able to say "Just like Bitcoin, only smarter".

Yes!  I love the blatant copying of the bitcoin system. :) 
50 BTS per block.  Halves every 4 years.

"Its EXCATLY like bitcoin.  Except that instead of being wasted in the mining process, it hires developers and others who create real value for bitshares"
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vikram

Good to know!

So am I right to assume that the snapshot of Bitshares Play allocation for BTS holders will be taken at block 991700 during the hardfork?

1. BTS holders 35%
The block to take the snapshot on BTS undecided, BTS being the SuperDAC after the merger. The number of the block will be published after BTS being launched.
To simplify this, the block the merge happening is preferred to be the one BitShares PLAY honoring, but this depend on the details plan from BTS, we need to get the exact snapshot time so that we can inform the exchanges to take snapshot too.

Final BTS sharedrop allocations to PTS/AGS/DNS/VOTE are not yet finalized, they will be finalized soon but after block 991700. When finalized, PLAY can take snapshot.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
so delegates no longer set their own rate? every delegate get the same pay?

They are being set to 3% at the fork. It's still possible to set your own pay but it would require creating and campaigning a new delegate to justify the new pay level just as before.

someone will maintain a list of developer/marketing/special delegates?

all delegates are being set to 3%? or just the current delegates?

All delegates that are registed as delegates at the time of the hardfork. New delegates after that point will set their own payrate.

someone will maintain a list of developer/marketing/special delegates?

Offline svk

They are being set to 3% at the fork. It's still possible to set your own pay but it would require creating and campaigning a new delegate to justify the new pay level just as before.

All delegates that are registed as delegates at the time of the hardfork. New delegates after that point will set their own payrate.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline kokojie

• View Profile

Offline Riverhead

Offline kokojie

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
They can earn up to 50 BTS per block, and this reward halves every 4 years, like bitcoin.

Yay!  This is awesome, it allows us to calculate a hard cap.

Does it halve exactly every 4 years, just like bitocin?

Or does it adjust more often.

On one hand, being able to say "its exactly like bitcoin" is good.  Its clear, its something people already understand.

On the other hand, I feel like it would be better if it was a smaller reduction every year, or something like that, so the halving isnt such a big disruption.
Its possible that in 4 years we could reach a point where the developers pay is about to be cut in half, and then they will all quit or something.  A more gradual decrease might be better?

The actual curve due to shareholder voting and delegate anticipation should be lower and smoother. 
We wanted to be able to say "Just like Bitcoin, only smarter".
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline svk

Yet, still marked as pre-release?..

How many total BTS will there be then .. is it still on target for 2.5Billion?

Initial supply: 2,499,012,499.94 BTS. Unless I messed up my genesis calculations, which is always possible. FYI I used 100000000 for the precision of the bts sharedrop balances, the sharedrop then adds up to 499,012,499.99964666 BTS

http://bitsharesblocks.com/genesis-bts
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline davidpbrown

Yet, still marked as pre-release?..

How many total BTS will there be then .. is it still on target for 2.5Billion?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline mint chocolate chip

For the record, is it be possible at some point in the future for bts holders to vote for changes to the hard cap, pay rate, halving interval, etc. or
This is fiber-reinforced concrete coated with stainless steel and wrapped in titanium.
and cannot be changed?