Author Topic: Shelter from volatility  (Read 1507 times)

Offline wasthatawolf

It's almost too simple a thought but I'll post it here anyway..

It struck me a good route to marketing bitUSD; bitGDP etc will be to pitch at existing cryptocurrencies users and play into the idea that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are volatile. Putting those bitAssets forward as a shelter from volatility, even if that is to cover a temporary fear of a coin's price falling, might be an easy way to encourage those already into crypto to see the advantage of a stable cryptocurrency.

One step beyond is then alerting them to the idea that if the USD caves then shorting that might be bring faster rewards than holding another coin whose real value is still too tightly bound via BTC into the USD.

Getting bitAssets considered as useful in the real world might follow more easily if they are already being used in a way that has people consider them as equivalent to digital fiat.

Bitshares could market BitUSD to all bitcoin or crypto companies who want to shield themselves from the volatility of bitcoin without having to convert to fiat held in a bank account.  BitUSD could then become the de facto "bank account" for all crypto companies. 

Maybe design some sort of a seal for companies with this setup to use as advertising... "Value Protected by BitShares"

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

It struck me a good route to marketing bitUSD; bitGDP etc will be to pitch at existing cryptocurrencies users and play into the idea that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are volatile. Putting those bitAssets forward as a shelter from volatility, even if that is to cover a temporary fear of a coin's price falling, might be an easy way to encourage those already into crypto to see the advantage of a stable cryptocurrency.

One step beyond is then alerting them to the idea that if the USD caves then shorting that might be bring faster rewards than holding another coin whose real value is still too tightly bound via BTC into the USD.

Getting bitAssets considered as useful in the real world might follow more easily if they are already being used in a way that has people consider them as equivalent to digital fiat.

I think your comment about  discussing volatility plays into the checking/savings account approach.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11397.msg150162#msg150162
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline XsharesO

• View Profile
I think mobile app plus an exchange or 10 to switch from bitusd to usd would be the way to go

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc