Author Topic: How many BTS do I need to raise to create a new 100% pay delegate?  (Read 5138 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
What prevents a large shareholder to vote in his own high pay delegate. Even if that one is eventually voted out he can just register a new one and start again.

I am still hoping BM considers separating delegates and employees.
currently the last active delegate has 5.72% approval .. if you own more than that in BTS .. you can upvote your own delegate into the top101 and actively produce blocks.

AlphaBar was saying on mumble after the last hangout that it's a lot less than the approval rate shown on the blockexplorer to get voted in because its only shows the active stake. He calculated that currently (4 days ago) control of only 2% of the total BTS supply is needed for a large stakeholder to vote themself into to a max-dilution delegate spot. 

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'm confused - the one time fee both has nothing to do with, and also depends on the pay rate?
Oh .. sorry .. you are right .. the delegate registration fee somehow depends on the payrate .. but I have no detailed information ..
you still need to pay that once (per registration and per registration update) .. not per block

Offline monsterer

This is the one-time fee to register a delegate on the blockchain and has nothing to do with how much you earn as a delegate.. it depends first of all if you are voted up enough to produce blocks .. and then secondly on your payrate .. which is a parameter you have to specify when registering on the blockchain .. and can only be lowered ... not increased

I'm confused - the one time fee both has nothing to do with, and also depends on the pay rate?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
What prevents a large shareholder to vote in his own high pay delegate. Even if that one is eventually voted out he can just register a new one and start again.

currently the last active delegate has 5.72% approval .. if you own more than that in BTS .. you can upvote your own delegate into the top101 and actively produce blocks.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
"max_delegate_reg_fee": "8.12366 BTS",

Is that per block? In that case, how many blocks in two weeks?
This is the one-time fee to register a delegate on the blockchain and has nothing to do with how much you earn as a delegate.. it depends first of all if you are voted up enough to produce blocks .. and then secondly on your payrate .. which is a parameter you have to specify when registering on the blockchain .. and can only be lowered ... not increased

sumantso

Offline monsterer

Is that per block? In that case, how many blocks in two weeks?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The release says '2 weeks', but it would be nice to have a hard number to work with :)

(wallet closed) >>> blockchain_get_info
{
  "blockchain_id": "75c11a81b7670bbaa721cc603eadb2313756f94a3bcbb9928e9101432701ac5f",
  "symbol": "BTS",
  "name": "BitShares",
  "version": 109,
  "db_version": 159,
  "genesis_timestamp": "2014-07-19T03:18:40",
  "block_interval": 10,
  "max_block_size": 51200,
  "max_blockchain_size": 107374182400,
  "address_prefix": "BTSX",
  "relay_fee": "0.10000 BTS",
  "delegate_num": 101,
  "max_delegate_pay_per_block": "50.00000 BTS",
  "name_size_max": 63,
  "memo_size_max": 19,
  "data_size_max": 65536,
  "symbol_size_max": 8,
  "symbol_size_min": 3,
  "asset_shares_max": 1000000000000000,
  "short_symbol_asset_reg_fee": "137,842.38720 BTS",
  "long_symbol_asset_reg_fee": "137,842.38720 BTS",
  "max_pending_queue_size": 10,
  "max_trx_per_second": 1,
  "min_block_fee": "0.00000 BTS"
}

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
you can register a 100% pay  delegate ,  but you don't normally elect to be one , unless you're the core developer or great contributor who can bring value to the system. Normal people wants to be a 100% pay delegate , shareholders won't approve .

Normally , you can do 3% if you're ordinary people.
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline monsterer

The release says '2 weeks', but it would be nice to have a hard number to work with :)