Author Topic: Buying and selling amazon gift cards for bitUSD  (Read 6576 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
is this still running?

i would LOVE to exchange my giftcards for bitusd!!!!

It's the PERFECT way for me to get into bitshares.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Does this work for Amazon UK gift cards? If so I might sell one for bitUSD.
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I just did a trade with Gentso1. Everything went smoothly. I bought bitUSD with a visa gift card I got at the grocery store.  +5%
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
+5% - I'm ready to buy!  PM'ed you.
right back at you ;D

+5% - Thanks, that was super fast and worked great!  Just a few clicks and I had it applied to my amazon account.

Thank you for taking the chance. All I am trying to prove here is that even with a small amount of money we can make things happen.

This is just taking a small amount of start up capital and the fees should fund further liquidity organically.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
The Subject to this thread could just as aptly be called "Buying and selling amazon gift cards for bitUSD" (see the difference?)
Exchanges of goods and services in bitUSD or other bitAssets improve their utility, liquidity, and demand. So its more than just an on/off-ramp.

The full extension of this idea is to foster a marketplace for the exchange of all kinds of goods or services. This would encourage members of the community to be the early adopters in assuming the role of consumers and merchants using bitAsset currencies, in advance of external merchants making the transition. A dedicated marketplace tool, with supporting services like auction, escrow, feedback and reputation, could offer a number of benefits that I discuss further in the proposal "Could bitShares allow greater value exchange between users" here (see particularly Reply #7 for summary) - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11004.msg145078#msg145078.

An alternative may to to partner with an external pre-built marketplace which could use bitAssets as the transactional currencies. However this separates the tools and reputation systems from bitShares.

Good point, on the subject. I can be a bit cryptic at times.

Oh and another transaction complete.

I now have some bitUSD for sale.

Offline GaltReport

+5% - I'm ready to buy!  PM'ed you.
right back at you ;D

+5% - Thanks, that was super fast and worked great!  Just a few clicks and I had it applied to my amazon account.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
The Subject to this thread could just as aptly be called "Buying and selling amazon gift cards for bitUSD" (see the difference?)
Exchanges of goods and services in bitUSD or other bitAssets improve their utility, liquidity, and demand. So its more than just an on/off-ramp.

The full extension of this idea is to foster a marketplace for the exchange of all kinds of goods or services. This would encourage members of the community to be the early adopters in assuming the role of consumers and merchants using bitAsset currencies, in advance of external merchants making the transition. A dedicated marketplace tool, with supporting services like auction, escrow, feedback and reputation, could offer a number of benefits that I discuss further in the proposal "Could bitShares allow greater value exchange between users" here (see particularly Reply #7 for summary) - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11004.msg145078#msg145078.

An alternative may to to partner with an external pre-built marketplace which could use bitAssets as the transactional currencies. However this separates the tools and reputation systems from bitShares.

Offline GaltReport

zerosum

I will buy bitUSD

105 bitUSD=100$ amazon gift card(email delivery)

I will sell bitUSD

105$ amazon gift card(email delivery) = 100bitUSD

It should be noted this is just a in testing phase and liquidity is thus low. It should be noted that The 5$ profit either way is not taken out of the system but just used to add liquidity so by using the service you are helping to build a on/off ramp NOW. If their is enough interest and it runs smoothly I will add capital to provide a real service.   

Please give me a pm if interested,
Many  +5% for taking the initiative!

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
+1

Escrow support should be available within the next 2 weeks to help make these kinds of transfers more trust free.

Perfect

Offline bytemaster

+1

Escrow support should be available within the next 2 weeks to help make these kinds of transfers more trust free.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
I will buy bitUSD

105 bitUSD=100$ amazon gift card(email delivery)

I will sell bitUSD

105$ amazon gift card(email delivery) = 100bitUSD

It should be noted this is just a in testing phase and liquidity is thus low. It should be noted that The 5$ profit either way is not taken out of the system but just used to add liquidity so by using the service you are helping to build a on/off ramp NOW. If their is enough interest and it runs smoothly I will add capital to provide a real service.   

Please give me a pm if interested,
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:58:17 pm by Gentso1 »