Author Topic: What's your confidence level at for Bitshares success (1+ billion market cap)?  (Read 4210 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
There is a killer app for these people but no one has thought of it yet, they will but will it be bitcoin bitshares etherium maidsafe or somthing else? Let's put our brains together and make it bitshares.

Agree until there is a killer up, something easy for everybody to get it's only 50%. If the marketing push will help Bithsares to passe litecoins then we may have a decent shot. I still believe this is amazing technology but it will take something really special to passe it to the masses. Someone will do it for sure. Let hope it is Bitshares !!!
And if we hit 1 billion, then forget it sky is the limit, there's nothing stooping us!!!  For now it will be a big achievement to pass litecoin, we do this the whole world will notice.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
I went for 50% truth is we have no idea. The idea is great the technology is groundbreaking and the team is committed. I think the biggest problem with all crypto is the general public don't care about the benefits.

Just look at what the public lost when the became obseased with Facebook. They gave up theit privercy for others to make money and they entered a new world where they have to promote themselves as individuals.

If bitshares succeeds it needs that killer app. I thought and hoped it was virtual assets. I'm sure they will find there place but instead of wondering if we can hit a billion usd we should all be thinking about how to get this viral, how to appeal to your average jo. He doesn't much care about privacy or freedom (talking countries with a convincing democracy). What jo cares about is having fun, keeping up with his mates in conversation, maintaining a lifestyle with employment. Having the material objects that 85% of the people he knows have,  making people laugh etc etc.

There is a killer app for these people but no one has thought of it yet, they will but will it be bitcoin bitshares etherium maidsafe or somthing else? Let's put our brains together and make it bitshares.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Once it passes Litecoin, the litecoin users will get discouraged and some might join Bitshares. Once Bitcoin users see Bitshares is #2 they will start to worry and wonder if Bitshares is what they should be using instead of Bitcoin, if the Bitcoin price then starts falling and the Bitshares prices keeps rising, it may just eat up the price of Bitcoin and boy... once Bitshares is at the edge of surpassing Bitcoin, that will be one fun explosion to watch on the charts. :)

"Like a rolling stone..."

See "Thought Number Six":  http://bitshares.org/stans-thoughts-on-dpos-and-bitcoin/

tl;dr - 99% of the value in Bitcoin Checking will move to earn yield from BitShares Savings once BitShares is #2

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
No chance. Think about it, a lot of people that understand bitcoin very well do not even understand most of bitshares and are confused. The vast majority of the world population has either never heard of or has no understanding of bitcoin and its been 6 years now. What makes you think everyone is going to suddenly "get" bitshares and pour their life savings into it in only 5 years?

You don't need to understand how something works in order to understand how to use it... Bitshares is a more useful platform that provides solutions to people other than crypto-anarchists.

It's functions should suit crypto-analysts too me thinks.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

clout

No chance. Think about it, a lot of people that understand bitcoin very well do not even understand most of bitshares and are confused. The vast majority of the world population has either never heard of or has no understanding of bitcoin and its been 6 years now. What makes you think everyone is going to suddenly "get" bitshares and pour their life savings into it in only 5 years?

You don't need to understand how something works in order to understand how to use it... Bitshares is a more useful platform that provides solutions to people other than crypto-anarchists.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Answering 100% is very silly. :P

There are plenty of reasons why bitshares could fail, mostly, we could fail to acheive network effect and then be beaten to the punch by a competitor.

Of course, I believe in Bitshares, and I think it is greatly undervalued.  At a $40M market cap, it is as if the market is saying we have a 4% chance of getting to a billion, and I think the probability is much higher than that.

I'd like to stay conservative and say there's a 50/50 chance it reaches 1billion market cap.

If it doesn't reach that market cap, it won't be because of a lack of groundbreaking technological/economical advances made by the product. It will be because average Joe is too dumb to even realize the current financial system is flawed, and our inability as a community to make this product accessible to the masses.

I think what makes the 1 billion market cap possible/plausible is the focus of marketing on getting average Joe to use bitUSD just because it has more advantages than regular USD. Remmitances will also increase adoption, but won't have much network effect on the masses.

And when 1 billion is reached, if everything is properly aligned, network effect will take over. Getting the 1st billion in market cap will be the hardest (and longest) part imo.

It's like all self made millionaires say: Getting your first million dollar is the hardest part. Afterwards getting more millions is much easier --- Same here with market cap, but in billions.

I pretty much agree with yous.

I would just like to add that potatoes are poisonous until they're cooked! HA HA! (Not intended to be offensive:P
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:25:17 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

There are plenty of reasons why bitshares could fail, mostly, we could fail to acheive network effect and then be beaten to the punch by a competitor.

Of course, I believe in Bitshares, and I think it is greatly undervalued.  At a $40M market cap, it is as if the market is saying we have a 4% chance of getting to a billion, and I think the probability is much higher than that.

I answered 100%, and I am not silly - just committed. Have you never been fully committed? (ie. I achieve this or I die trying)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
Once it passes Litecoin, the litecoin users will get discouraged and some might join Bitshares. Once Bitcoin users see Bitshares is #2 they will start to worry and wonder if Bitshares is what they should be using instead of Bitcoin, if the Bitcoin price then starts falling and the Bitshares prices keeps rising, it may just eat up the price of Bitcoin and boy... once Bitshares is at the edge of surpassing Bitcoin, that will be one fun explosion to watch on the charts. :)
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

If it doesn't reach that market cap, it won't be because of a lack of groundbreaking technological/economical advances made by the product.

+5%

I look at it this way: Objectively, BitShares is orders of magnitude better tech than bitcoin. 

If bitcoin peaked at approximately $13.8B, there's no way BitShares won't hit AT LEAST a billion market cap.

I truly believe the poll, as far as potential success for BitShares is concerned, should be targeted at the trillion dollar market cap...

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
I'd like to stay conservative and say there's a 50/50 chance it reaches 1billion market cap.

If it doesn't reach that market cap, it won't be because of a lack of groundbreaking technological/economical advances made by the product. It will be because average Joe is too dumb to even realize the current financial system is flawed, and our inability as a community to make this product accessible to the masses.

I think what makes the 1 billion market cap possible/plausible is the focus of marketing on getting average Joe to use bitUSD just because it has more advantages than regular USD. Remmitances will also increase adoption, but won't have much network effect on the masses.

And when 1 billion is reached, if everything is properly aligned, network effect will take over. Getting the 1st billion in market cap will be the hardest (and longest) part imo.

It's like all self made millionaires say: Getting your first million dollar is the hardest part. Afterwards getting more millions is much easier --- Same here with market cap, but in billions.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Complete version 1.0.0 product set with particular attention to GUI / ease of use / ease of security
Develop on ramps from other currencies into BitShares
Unleash marketing of BitAsset products to merchants & masses
Develop strategic relationships and partnerships
Build additional features

Enjoy the view from the moon....

+5%
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Potatocoin, stay tuned for our whitepaper and IPO in two weeks. We are doing for potatoes what bitcoin does for money!

Indeed, bring the decentralized crypto food to the world.  "Let them eat numbers!"  ("Let them eat math?")!

Offline lord_potatoe

• View Profile

Hmm...which coin are you pushing?

*looks into post history*

Carry on...

Potatocoin, stay tuned for our whitepaper and IPO in two weeks. We are doing for potatoes what bitcoin does for money!

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Boy are you going to be upset in the future, when the thing you knew about but were unable to understand, becomes huge. :)