Author Topic: [MetaExchange] 100% pay-rate delegate, raising funds for registration  (Read 4286 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I am willing to Fund the total needed amount . would like to collaborate if you want . i am not a coder but i have a vision wie could maybe combine.  Lets talk via Skype or mumble . after saturday i am available

Offline bytemaster

I fully support this effort and encourage you to work with James as you are already familiar with his work.

I would like you to consider a slight detour in your development schedule before going fully "web based" and this is to create a version of the site that manages the funds on behalf of the users like a bank and make it open source for everyone who can get a money transmitters license.

1) No Trading
2) Multi-Factor Authentication
3) Account-to-Account Transfers (internal)
4) Account-to-External Account (blockchain)
3) Website keeps yield earned
4) All transactions are free.
5) Merchant API

If such a site existed and was hosted by a trusted and licensed money transmitter then we can reach the 99% that want a payment platform and it should be self funding (by yield) to allow growth to the full up blockchain-info based interface with exchange and private keys managed by the browser.

The 1% that want to manage their private keys already have the power with the full wallet.... and soon light weight wallets.. and ultimately full web wallets.    Considering your skills and time you will probably be waiting on us to provide better tools for light weight clients and thus should focus on a server based solution first.

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

Seems cool~ but I want to ask, is your exchange a centralized exchange like bter or it's the web version of BTS internal market? If it's latter, you will get my vote. +5%

It's a web portal into the BTS decentralised exchange, designed to be familiar to traders.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Seems cool~ but I want to ask, is your exchange a centralized exchange like bter or it's the web version of BTS internal market? If it's latter, you will get my vote. +5%

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline monsterer

Hi all,

MetaExchange is my work in progress exchange-like trading interface and web-wallet for Bitshares. This is currently a spare time project, but I would like to take it to the next level by creating a 100% pay-rate delegate which will allow me to work on this project for around 50% of my normal working week.

I don't have the available funds to register a 100% pay rate delegate myself, so my only option is to crowd-source the funding for the 59,881 BTS (calculation provided by Rune, 50/1010*60*60*24*14=59881) fee I need to register the delegate.

In order for this to work I'd like to ask that a trusted forum member to step in as an escrow agent to hold the funds, and to refund them if I don't manage to raise enough BTS.

What are my plans for MetaExchange?

I would like to reduce the barrier to entry to owning and trading bitshares assets and BTS to close to zero. This site is designed to appeal to traders who are familiar with bitcoin exchanges/forex and who are curious about bitshares, but don't want to download the client and wait hours for it to sync just to see what all the fuss is about.

• Release 1 will be a simple viewer, which will allow users to browse all the markets and assets in a familiar setting to any trader who might have used a bitcoin exchange.
  • Release 2 will be a web-wallet which will allow users to deposit/withdraw and most importantly to actually trade bitshares in markets directly through the website. This will function much like one of the many bitcoin exchanges, which will be familiar to traders of crypto currencies and forex/stocks alike.
  • Release 3 will provide on-ramps to bitUSD and BTS through bitcoin.
  • Release 4 would explore adding other crypto-currencies which support trading, such as NXT

What will this project contribute to the bitshares ecosystem?

Ignoring all the accessibility advantages of a web-wallet and trading interface, this project will also contribute to the bitshares open source ecosystem with in browser transaction signing and other javascript utility functions.

After Release 1, the entire project will be open sourced on github.

In closing, I literally can't do this project without the support of the community; I need help raising the funds for the delegate registration and most importantly, I need people to vote for the delegate to get it included in the 101 and become an active project.

Looking forward to hearing what you all think of this, since this is the first 100% pay rate delegate campaign and the first to try crowd funding the registration fee!

Cheers, Paul.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads