Author Topic: AGS to be allocated 10% in PLAY Dac.  (Read 6306 times)

Offline bytemaster

Hackfisher seems to think that PTS and AGS are being eliminated and so 10% is fair.

I don't know if this is considered to be fair by the community, but I find it absurd.

I find it absurd that you are complaining.  Early adopters have gotten so much of everything. 

(Plus, you got BTS from your AGS, and now you are getting PLAY from your BTS.  I mean seriously, do the math and realize how much you are getting here).

I am glad that us later investors who have purchased BTSX are being given a stake.

It is much better for everyone for the whole community to have a stake and be united in supporting the new project.

Early adopters? You have seen nothing yet!
In a surprising twist of events they will get all their PTS back! Just watch! ;D

;)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Lets all not fight over it any more. 
Godzirra, I apologize for saying you were 'bitching'. :)

I think we are all just feeling hurt from the price decline in Bitshares. 

I think this all just shows that we should have just made the superDAC in the first place.  Breaking it up into pieces and then having different members of the community end up buying and selling and having different amounts of those pieces just fractures the community and makes us less united. 

I'm not going to say any more about sharedrop allocations, at this point I just want everyone to get along. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
 +5%

You're making all the sense in the world. But in here you're just bitching, lol.

Offline Riverhead

It is ridiculous for any early AGS/PTS adopters to complain in any way about the events that have occurred.  They made out so well in the deal, and yet they still bitch about 'the loss of the social contract'. 

I think what you're missing is that us early adopters made out well in A deal. The sales pitch of PTS was that you'd get a cut in all future DACs. Some of these would be glorious (the SuperDAC), some would have a lot of promise (MUSIC/PLAY) and some would be stillborn (LOTTO). As the ecosystem grew more and more DACs would come along and PTS would realize its full potential.

It was never get a cut in the first big DAC to come along and then dump as fast as you can and spread as much FUD as possible.

Now that most of the early adopters have sold their stake in PTS and put their hopes in the SuperDAC (and MUSIC and PLAY) we're all calling for the death of PTS so that our new investment can take on a ProtoDAC role and to hell with all the people we sold our PTS to or held on thinking the community had some integrity. HAHAH suckers, one born every minute.

This is not on BM or I3 or FreeTrade. This is on the community that began to actively campaign against the very thing they had been pumping for a year as soon as they felt it didn't have any more use for them.

Shameful. Why am I the only one who sees it this way? It's not about the money; I had next to no PTS and didn't buy any AGS.

So there it is. I've said my peace and won't keep harping on it. Water under the bridge and all that.

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
I think Hackfisher is under the impression that AGS and PTS have been merged and so 10% is more than enough.

I think you are under the impression that the social consensus wasnt actually "10% to PTS and AGS", but was instead "We pretend we only expect 10%, but really we expect like 40% or else we will bitch about it".

And 35% to BTS based on what? Based upon the idea that AGS is being merged?
AGS was never merged and the social consensus was not changed. If 3rd parties are misunderstanding this point is this not relevant? I understand you don't want to address this point. But it remains.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I think Hackfisher is under the impression that AGS and PTS have been merged and so 10% is more than enough.

I think you are under the impression that the social consensus wasnt actually "10% to PTS and AGS", but was instead "We pretend we only expect 10%, but really we expect like 40% or else we will bitch about it".
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Pheonike

If all the energy being used to figure a percent here or there was used to further the project, we would already be much farther along. I still don't understand why PTS ppl feel they took more risk therefore deserve more. The got a pierce of future DACS and could still recoup some investment by selling their PTS. If you had confidence in the project you would have bought AGS or BTSX directly. You got a piece of everything and can still recoup from PTS liquidity. It may not be worth as much, but that's gamble you took.

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
Interesting. You guys are quite the community here. Good to know.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
In my opinion, dropping 20% to BTS is the new social contract, and PTS and AGS holders ought receive no more. If they do, then it's a favor they are given. So, you should stop bitching.

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
Also what's with language and insults?

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
The main point I'm making is that there should be a correct understanding of the social consensus in order to determine any allocation. I think Hackfisher is under the impression that AGS and PTS have been merged and so 10% is more than enough.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
In a surprising twist of events they will get all their PTS back! Just watch! ;D

Yes.

It is ridiculous for any early AGS/PTS adopters to complain in any way about the events that have occurred.  They made out so well in the deal, and yet they still bitch about 'the loss of the social contract'. 

At this point, what we need is for BTS to go back up, so that everyone will be making money again and we can get past the hurt feelings. :)

zerosum

Hackfisher seems to think that PTS and AGS are being eliminated and so 10% is fair.

I don't know if this is considered to be fair by the community, but I find it absurd.

I find it absurd that you are complaining.  Early adopters have gotten so much of everything. 

(Plus, you got BTS from your AGS, and now you are getting PLAY from your BTS.  I mean seriously, do the math and realize how much you are getting here).

I am glad that us later investors who have purchased BTSX are being given a stake.

It is much better for everyone for the whole community to have a stake and be united in supporting the new project.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

sumantso

As usual, it has become so complicated its impossible to please everybody.

I have finished my calculations, and it turns out that I am losing out a bit (my gripe starts from the 5 day announced snapshot), but not enough to go on a full blown rant ;D

To play devil's advocate, post 28th Feb AGSers got BTS when they were not supposed to. Then they get a portion of Play DAC through the BTS. Its all very confusing so I suggest you stop being obsessed by calculations and relax.

PS: My max percentage is in post Feb 28 AGS, so if you can get a higher allocation for AGS you have my full support.