Author Topic: Should there be a BitShares foundation?  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Thom

I would be fine with a legal defense fund, or an organization whose role is to help clear up the legal ambiguities involved in accepting crypto as specie, or complying with all of the other diktats of our overlords.

Preferably while the network itself is extending a big middle finger to the man.

+5% ^ THIS!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

merockstar

Trademark may suck but if we're going to try to work with the legal system of different world governments then it's necessary that an organization exist that those governments can work with sort of as community representatives, no?

I have no intention of following the legal system of different world governments.  I plan on doing just enough to keep my local jack booted thugs from putting me in a cage, and or shooting me.  Beyond that I make no promises.

I can definitely respect that point of view.
I am however all for a foundation or organization or fund that will help people all over the world, do just enough to keep their local jackbooted thugs from throwing them in a cage and or shooting them.

I think I agree with that too. What should we call that foundation?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Trademark may suck but if we're going to try to work with the legal system of different world governments then it's necessary that an organization exist that those governments can work with sort of as community representatives, no?

I have no intention of following the legal system of different world governments.  I plan on doing just enough to keep my local jack booted thugs from putting me in a cage, and or shooting me.  Beyond that I make no promises.

I am however all for a foundation or organization or fund that will help people all over the world, do just enough to keep their local jackbooted thugs from throwing them in a cage and or shooting them.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

merockstar

Now that I think about it, delegates might be able to serve any functions that the bitcoin foundation does for bitcoin anyway.

I just think we should to play nice with governments in order to expedite a quicker adoption. I would hate to see government clamps set cryptocurrency use in general back too many years, I still have some youth left.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:56:07 am by merockstar »

Offline puppies

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
I would be fine with a legal defense fund, or an organization whose role is to help clear up the legal ambiguities involved in accepting crypto as specie, or complying with all of the other diktats of our overlords.

Preferably while the network itself is extending a big middle finger to the man.

merockstar

Act to protect our interests where ever necessary.

eh, you may be right. what could a foundation do that we can't already?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
Personally I am opposed to trademark.  I don't think we should attempt to use the violence of the state to protect our trademark.  What else could this foundation do?

merockstar

With 3i dissolving (right?) should we put together a BitShares foundation to try to protect trademarks and advocate for BitShares in similar ways that the Bitcoin foundation, or the GNOME foundation does?