Author Topic: Devs NEED to reach out to freenode operators ASAP  (Read 4917 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Looks like a job for a delegate
the freenode admins require a mail from some OFFICIAL representative .. a.k.a. someone with a @bitshares.org mail address!!
at least for the position as channel owner

edit:
I could do that .. but I do not appear like an official .. for outsiders
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 02:33:20 pm by xeroc »

sumantso

That guy is a known retard. NXT harbors a few of those.

I looked at NXT tech and was thinking of getting in, but a brief browse through their forum and I wish them all the worst. I still want NXT to go up so I can cash out all those NXTs I earned from NEM.

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
Can you tell those who don't know this :

What is this freenode ? Why is it important ?  How to reach him ?
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
"What If YOU Had The Chance To Invest In The Federal Reserve in 1920!"

AWFUL ^^ Why are we referring Bitshares like that? The Federal Reserve is a scam.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline arubi

• View Profile
I agree with xeroc.
Please do something about it.

When Bitshares starts getting more coverage the channel will be more active, and with no way to moderate it it'll just be a trollfest.

A few of us are idling in the channel almost 24/7. Let us know if we can help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I tend to agree but realize it is one nerd trying his best to discourage the other 4 nerds who will show up on that channel this month.  Devs and the people who understand IRC will 9/10 realize what is going on IMO.
I'd like to see more traffic on that channel .. but I understand that devs see yet another communication channel as distracting ..

still the topic of that chan is bad! at least for those that are regular freenoders ..
just some stats for you how serious freenode can be taken:

Code: [Select]
#bitcoin: Total of 1166 nicks
#bitcoin-dev: Total of 465 nicks
#bitcoin-otc: Total of 500 nicks

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I tend to agree but realize it is one nerd trying his best to discourage the other 4 nerds who will show up on that channel this month.  Devs and the people who understand IRC will 9/10 realize what is going on IMO.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Just now:
06:04:04 -!- TwoKoolFourSkewl changed the topic of #bitshares to: BenShares - FederalReserve.gov
06:05:46 -!- TwoKoolFourSkewl changed the topic of #bitshares to: BenShares - FederalReserve.gov - "What If YOU Had The Chance To Invest In The Federal Reserve in 1920!"
no response in a private channel to him.

this is PRETTY BAD PR!!!

Some months ago I already talked to a admin @freenode and they have a policy to have public channels for open source projects. It should be absolutly now issue if someone owning a mailaddress  @bitshares could reach out to the admins of freenode

From
https://freenode.net/faq.shtml#gettinghelp
/stats p
on irc gives you the currently available admins (volunteers) ... they can help out here!

whoever wants to be responsible for the channel require a registered name on the freenode network.

paging:  @bytemaster @toast @Stan @MktDirector