Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 104910 times)

Offline svk

I have to shut down the api server for a few minutes to upgrade the server, it's running out of space.. Will be back up soon!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I've reset it, should be fine now. I'm on vacation in the Alps so a bit hard to keep up atm I'm afraid. My delegate also lost all connections which is why I missed blocks, trying to get it synced back up now.
+5% +5% +5%
I know how that feels .. I missed blocks worth 2 days back in december when I was on vacation

Anyway, thanks for your passion!!

Offline svk

I've reset it, should be fine now. I'm on vacation in the Alps so a bit hard to keep up atm I'm afraid. My delegate also lost all connections which is why I missed blocks, trying to get it synced back up now.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
It looks like the market data on bitsharesblocks is wrong.  The peg seems to be holding fine, but bitsharesblocks reports that a BitUSD is at $0.85...

Also it looks like coinmarketcap may be copying this error.
CMC indeed pulls the data from bitsharesblocks

paging @svk

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
It looks like the market data on bitsharesblocks is wrong.  The peg seems to be holding fine, but bitsharesblocks reports that a BitUSD is at $0.85...

Also it looks like coinmarketcap may be copying this error.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I have two suggestions:

1. Change "forks in the last 24 hours" to "forks in the last 24 hours longer than 1 block".
This will remove a lot of the false alarms caused due to lag/connectivity.

2. Introduce "multiple forks signed by single delegate in last 24 hours" metric.
This will help anyone to establish the security state of the network at a glance.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey SVK,

Is there a way to get amount of change for each asset based on today? I would like to get the OPEN of today.. like the data on the chart for each asset.. how do I get that?

Thanks

I'm calculating it on the client side from the order history data, so it's not directly available from an api call atm.
Is it possible to add this brside median price on the assets json output? Would be nice then for my ticker...

Thanks
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline svk

Is there an API for extracting data such as,
number of shares in circulation, price, inflation etc.
Thanks!

For BTS or assets? For BTS at least you could use the api calls being used on the Charts -> Supply page I think.

I really should setup a properly documented API tbh, too much to do, too little time..

Offline svk

@svk Would you like to identify 'canceling an order' from 'placing an order'? It could be done by checking the sign of amount.

Yes I've been meaning to do that for a while actually but I keep getting distracted by other things!

Offline svk

Hey SVK,

Is there a way to get amount of change for each asset based on today? I would like to get the OPEN of today.. like the data on the chart for each asset.. how do I get that?

Thanks

I'm calculating it on the client side from the order history data, so it's not directly available from an api call atm.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Is there an API for extracting data such as,
number of shares in circulation, price, inflation etc.
Thanks!

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Hey SVK,

Thanks

There is a command 'blockchain_market_price_history' in console (buggy in 0.6.x, will fix in 0.7).
Dunno if svk provides a wrapper though.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
@svk Would you like to identify 'canceling an order' from 'placing an order'? It could be done by checking the sign of amount.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hey SVK,

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:51:38 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline svk

I was just wondering a graph of total number of accounts over time would be interesting as an indication of change. Paired with market cap perhaps might help to show the real effect of efforts to grow.
You can find accounts charts under Charts -> General -> Accounts