Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev.bitsharesblocks  (Read 104078 times)

Offline wackou

+5% you definitely have my vote, too
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11370.msg149705#msg149705

hope this helps a bit to simplify the voting process directly out of forum
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline svk

I will be voting for your paid delegate svk. But I would like to see a IMHO very important feature on bitsharesblocks.com in the short-term:

I want bitsharesblocks.com to calculate the total pay collected by each of the delegates both in BTS and more importantly in USD (and with the option of viewing the USD value converted to other national currencies). I would like for the website to track the BTS that the delegate has publicly burned on the blockchain and factor that into the calculations. I would like the website to calculate rough estimates on how much BitUSD the delegate could have collected if they followed a policy of taking all of the BTS they collected and did not burn within a week of producing blocks and converted all of it into BitUSD over the following week on the BTS/BitUSD internal exchange (likely assuming that the distribution of their trades throughout the week are modeled as some fraction of the volume distribution in the BTS/BitUSD market during that week which gives an accumulated volume equal to the claimed BTS amount, and calculating the BTS to USD price conversion using the BTS/BitUSD prices over that week weighted by the volume distribution over that week). I want to be able to go to the delegate tab on the bitsharesblocks.com website and see each active delegate's actual BTS salary over the past week and the estimated weekly average salary in USD (along with links to show the history of these values for any given delegate).

These tools are going to be critical in allowing stakeholders to check that the delegates are burning the necessary amount of BTS to collect the salary that stakeholders think is fair for them. If they are consistently collecting higher salaries than what they promised to stakeholders, the stakeholders could easily track this on bitsharesblocks.com and vote the delegate out in response.
Thank you. I looked up one of my previous pay withdrawals and it looks like they are flagged as such together with an account ID, so this should be feasible. The weighting by volume over a week might be a bit heavy but I'll try.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit

I plan to work with Cass on a delegate presentation site, where delegates will be able to create accounts to easily present their work and make the case of why you should vote for them. I would like to make this open-source as well. More info will be available on this project when we get started for real.

This would be very helpful. Trying to understand what delegates are doing what, how delegate names connect to the profiles we know in the forum etc, is a nightmare to work through. Making this easy for people will encourage greater voter participation.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I will be voting for your paid delegate svk. But I would like to see a IMHO very important feature on bitsharesblocks.com in the short-term:

I want bitsharesblocks.com to calculate the total pay collected by each of the delegates both in BTS and more importantly in USD (and with the option of viewing the USD value converted to other national currencies). I would like for the website to track the BTS that the delegate has publicly burned on the blockchain and factor that into the calculations. I would like the website to calculate rough estimates on how much BitUSD the delegate could have collected if they followed a policy of taking all of the BTS they collected and did not burn within a week of producing blocks and converted all of it into BitUSD over the following week on the BTS/BitUSD internal exchange (likely assuming that the distribution of their trades throughout the week are modeled as some fraction of the volume distribution in the BTS/BitUSD market during that week which gives an accumulated volume equal to the claimed BTS amount, and calculating the BTS to USD price conversion using the BTS/BitUSD prices over that week weighted by the volume distribution over that week). I want to be able to go to the delegate tab on the bitsharesblocks.com website and see each active delegate's actual BTS salary over the past week and the estimated weekly average salary in USD (along with links to show the history of these values for any given delegate).

These tools are going to be critical in allowing stakeholders to check that the delegates are burning the necessary amount of BTS to collect the salary that stakeholders think is fair for them. If they are consistently collecting higher salaries than what they promised to stakeholders, the stakeholders could easily track this on bitsharesblocks.com and vote the delegate out in response.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
 +5% +5% +5% I check your website everyday, for sure you will get my vote!
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
You have my vote. I will do it tonight.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline svk

And we are go! I've just registered my delegate and it is live and kicking, ready to publish feeds. It's not the first delegate under the new system because Toast beat me to it, but it was close :)

As promised the name is: dev.bitsharesblocks, your votes are much appreciated!

Offline svk

You have taken a big step forward.  Congratulations!

I saw your short-term plan for open-sourcing front-end.  Do you plan to open-source the back-end too?

Thank you. Yea I think I probably will, I'll start with the front-end though and then the back-end will follow if everything works out well.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
You have taken a big step forward.  Congratulations!

I saw your short-term plan for open-sourcing front-end.  Do you plan to open-source the back-end too?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
This is definitely a good delegate to place your votes on.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline svk

Thank you for your great work on bitsharesblocks .

I think you worth more than 100% pay rate by your skills .

But from a share holder point of view , 100% pay rate is a rare position , maybe only 20% of the developers can get that amount , so my personal feeling would be if you can use these incomes to do something more economical benefits for Bitshares ?

bitsharesblocks is a very practical tool for the tech users . But to most outsiders , they might not want to get into that deep .

For example , if I'm a writer , I wrote some stuff and want to sell it for BitUSD automatically . I suppose these will be such system provided by you , that I can set it up easily on a 10 USD / Month VPS , once someone send me 1 BitUSD , your system automatically send out the article through a e-Mail address(even register code for shareware , redeem code for BTC-e , every "send-able" resource you can think of ) .  That would help BitUSD get wider adoption , so it has great economical benefits .

Another example , people are finding a hard time getting the 0.1 BTS fee to register , if you can provide such a system that allow people easily set up a "give away" website that let ordinary users input their public key then send them 0.1 BTSX automatically .(input with CAPTCHA) .  This would also help promotion of BTS . Many people hate begging people around just for 0.1 BTS .

The big marketing campaign is coming on December , there will be more people who want to learn about BTS but not care about any "block" or "delegate election" ,  so the pressing issue would be how to help those ordinary users to gain useful value from the system with your excellent skills .

Thanks for the input. I agree that the economic benefits from bitsharesblocks are not easy to measure, but I do think it is an important service even for less technical users. With an influx of new users I think it will be even more important to have an external tool users can rely on to verify that their transactions happened and especially to check delegate information. As competition for delegates heat up, I suspect more and more people will be interested in the information provided by the site.

The registration site you're describing is basically a faucet, I believe there's already a template available for this that was used with DNS. If noone else launches one I could definitely look into doing so. Your writer's content distribution service is an interesting idea that I'll have to think about some more and maybe deserves its own topic!

For now though the projects I listed will take all of my time, but I will of course take into account community feedback on what's important and what's not. Maybe the VOTE implementation will allow shareholders to vote on the importance of different projects in order to guide developers!