Author Topic: Bitcoin is going nuts today  (Read 11398 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I expect a big buyer to step into bts any moment..

I hope so! :)

Someone needs to eat the 1.3 million sell wall at .128 CNY.
Prophetic ;) lady luck on our side heh now get me my 0.45 cny target #1
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Yup next res is around 1650 to 1700

lzr1900

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:41:50 am by lzr1900 »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
THIS IS GENTLEMEN!!!

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline Ander

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Its looking like it might break out.

The wall is already down to 800k.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I expected this.. now it is to be seen how bitshares reacts.. so far its been bad... bitshares losing ground to bitcoin.. now the real test is when bitcoin ranges or falls does bitshares recover? We need to see bitshares OUTPERFORM bitcoin at these low risk:reward areas of bitshares... because if it doesn't to me, my bull targets may not be met in my expected timeline. I expect bitshares to rise when bitcoin settles, but how much is to be seen.

Relax. Bitcoin is a rising tide that will lift all 2.0 boats in the long term. Give it time. The rerise of Bitcoin is healthy for the entire crypto industry.
Heard it before hard not to agree but if bitshares outperforms now then its time for new highs

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
I expected this.. now it is to be seen how bitshares reacts.. so far its been bad... bitshares losing ground to bitcoin.. now the real test is when bitcoin ranges or falls does bitshares recover? We need to see bitshares OUTPERFORM bitcoin at these low risk:reward areas of bitshares... because if it doesn't to me, my bull targets may not be met in my expected timeline. I expect bitshares to rise when bitcoin settles, but how much is to be seen.

Relax. Bitcoin is a rising tide that will lift all 2.0 boats in the long term. Give it time. The rerise of Bitcoin is healthy for the entire crypto industry.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

I hope so! :)

Someone needs to eat the 1.3 million sell wall at .128 CNY.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

clout

BitShares IS the next big thing.

Only if we are fast.  Otherwise something else (Counterparty?) is the next big thing.

You're really buying way too much into the counterparty hype.

Slow and steady wins the race. At the end of the day, the technology, economics, and user experience of bitshares are far superior to those of the other platforms.

Offline myhometalk

• View Profile
try to keep some btc. not sure how high it will go this time

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
My guess is that hedge fund money is accumulating and positioning for a drive to $10k/BTC once the ETFs are live.

You will see the log charts all over the media guaranteeing $10k per coin based on previous bubbles.

Retail investors will throw a few bucks into the ETFs and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Next leg up to $100k will be retail + institutional + sovereign wealth trying to jump on the train, say 2-3 years.

By then BTS will be mature, investors will have gotten a taste of crypto-riches and the moon rocket will launch.

5 years BTC could be $100k and BTS could be $100.

My chart is telling me your numbers are at crack smoking levels  8)
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline oldman

• View Profile
My guess is that hedge fund money is accumulating and positioning for a drive to $10k/BTC once the ETFs are live.

You will see the log charts all over the media guaranteeing $10k per coin based on previous bubbles.

Retail investors will throw a few bucks into the ETFs and it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Next leg up to $100k will be retail + institutional + sovereign wealth trying to jump on the train, say 2-3 years.

By then BTS will be mature, investors will have gotten a taste of crypto-riches and the moon rocket will launch.

5 years BTC could be $100k and BTS could be $100.
That's too good to be true  ;)
Historically, all financial bubbles didn't live for longer than a few years. Bitcoin doesn't have enough utility to justify such valuations, it's basically a ZX Spectrum computer in a growing PC market. If the price goes high enough, it will be easier for speculators to profit from shorting than from pumping it further. Actually, I do want BTC to go to ATH again, it would indeed spread the "taste of crypto-riches" and helped other crypto projects, including Bitshares. I just don't see it happening...

BTC has brand recognition, network effect and momentum.

You are absolutely correct on the utility aspect, but its good enough to move value around the globe quickly, cheaply and reliably.

DPOS/BTS is superior in every way, but PoW will die a slow death.