Author Topic: Will Bitshares software be able to handle the buying pressure?  (Read 1437 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
What buying pressure?

I think the actual question is: will counterparty pass us and take #4 *today* :P

It doesn't matter. We have far more to offer than CP does, even if it takes a bit longer to get it ready for prime time.

Offline pseudoscops

Are the sites hosted on a cloud based platform where we can scale up and down based on demand?

If not then Heroku is great for this sort of thing, though we might wan to consider one of the more recent open and more portable alternatives.

I've used Heroku in my day job to effortlessly scale up when we've suddenly had 100x traffic and then back down when that traffic slows or drops off. You can scale up Heroku dynos within minutes with one line in the terminal and as such increase/decrease your capacity at will. There are some third party services that will automate this process too.

The fact that the main Bitshares.org site is built using Wordpress does not make me hopeful that we have this capability as PHP based systems that require write access to the host don't play well with services like Heroku.

Offline betax

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
What buying pressure?

I think the actual question is: will counterparty pass us and take #4 *today* :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the BTS blockchain can handle alot .. we have tested IIRC 60 tps per second in one of the testnets 6 months ago ..
not sure how much the webserver can handle and what github traffic we can produce for free

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
Just wondering if the software is capable of handling a scenario where we see a shit load of people floading in, downloading the wallet, buying shares/assets. Is Bitshares and the website ready for this, because I see that in the near future there is a potential for a parabolic move in Bitcoin.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit