Author Topic: Invictus Innovations to Return PTS Donations  (Read 36996 times)

Offline stevejobsghost

• View Profile

When most of the Chinese wake up and see this news,they will deem this refund behavior as III has a serious legal problems,and then what?
Sell Sell Sell...
Just my guess.

Or this is a sign that I3 has resolved potential legal problems before they become a problem.   Nothing appears to have changed from the bottom line perspective.   

Developers are now independent and no longer depending upon I3 for future growth.  BitShares is now unified.  The BTC funds are mostly spent and the product has been delivered.   

I3 couldn't realistically sell the PTS and holding the PTS was a liability on the value of PTS and chances are they will get much of their own personal PTS back as a result of this move.

I see this move has having several major advantages for I3:

- In the event the SEC did get involved, they have already returned 50% funds raised which could help reduce any potential fines.
 - It probably helps them with taxes in the event the donations are considered ordinary income.  They probably couldn't sell the PTS for enough to cover the potential taxes owed.
 - It gives PTS potential for 3rd parties to share drop without having to worry about funding competition.
 - It makes PTS more vender neutral.

Over all I don't see how this could be bad for anyone.  Perhaps AGS donors will dump PTS, but then again they were long term holders.   

Offline Riverhead

Awesome!! This resolves a huge issue PTS' update to DPOS was facing.

3I keeps demonstrating over and over their desire to do right.

This day just keeps getting better :)

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
415,000 PTS at recent value is less than 350 BTC.
415,000 PTS at the value of PTS during the donation period was more than 3,000 BTC.

Well played.

I'm sure some FUD spreader will manage to say 'i3 steals 2650 BTC' out of this.   :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Ok, I don't understand the reasons, I just hope it doesn't take too much time to sort out.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
415,000 PTS at the value of PTS during the donation period was more than 3,000 BTC.

Well played.
1) AGS donation .. was a DONATION .. price irrelevant
2) I3 is giving back funds .. the obviously didn't need them
3) who cares about the price when your DONATED!! them .. current price is >0 .. and as such I3 is effectively gifting every one that donated PTS to AGS ..!?

I can't see your problems here?

Offline mint chocolate chip

Well played.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bytemaster

How will this be achieved? I am curious how you would logistically do this? Would it be a sendmany option as what's in the qt?

Send to many transaction, we are working out the implementation details.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Just to make sute- all pts donated will be returned to the donating address 1:1?

Yes

I am happy on so many levels.
Happy for myself.
Happy for all PTS donors.
Happy for Invictus.
Happy for alphaBar and his PTS fair distribution.
Happy for my advisers.
 ;)

This is a win-win-win-win-win situation.

Someone gets it ;)

I was going to say win-win-win-win, but I never even considered the possiblity of making tonyk2 happy.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Ggozzo

How will this be achieved? I am curious how you would logistically do this? Would it be a sendmany option as what's in the qt?

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
when will we get them back?
because maybe it will be a race to dumb them... (or not?)

edit:

I suppose not.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:15:31 pm by liondani »

Offline bytemaster

Just to make sute- all pts donated will be returned to the donating address 1:1?

Yes

Happy for myself.
Happy for Invictus.
Happy for my advisers.
 ;)

Someone gets it ;)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

zerosum

Yes

Happy for myself.
Happy for Invictus.
Happy for my advisers.
 ;)