Author Topic: Invictus Innovations to Return PTS Donations  (Read 37010 times)

Offline Whatsgoingon

• View Profile
I cannot prove or disprove anything and that is the exact problem.
I am simply a user and investor. My life does not solely revolve about BTS and this is my first time ever posting on this forum, although - contrary to the three-syllable all capslock screamers - I am an avid reader here.

The haze around bitshares and Invictus' motives is thick, filled with distracting memes and obfuscating investment schemes that are stacked upon each other to build a value drawing pyramid.
I am not implying an intention on your part, as that is unprovable. But the general way in which this system is built is under every consideration dubious. It is not even about recycling donations. You didn't need to as you simply kept the donations for one product to then use them as the basis for another. I cannot see that holding legal ground.

You have on bottle of water - everyone can take from it
Then you propose a new bottle - everybody who fills it with the water gets juice
Now you take a nice picture and propose that everybody who now has water gets wine - nice because you now have so much from all the people that donated

The problem:
First you said everybody who has water gets wine
Then: oh no everybody who has either water or juice gets wine, just donate your water to us for better rates
Then: oh if you were seen with water on our group photo you get additional wine - oh surprise we have a huge amount of water that you donated to us, so thanks for the wine, idiots!
Then: We give you back your water, because we are caring our users (i.e.: the hands that feed us)

Next up: Donate all your bitshares to receive turboshares. After that we will make a snapshot for all bitshares holders (surprise surprise thats mostly us!) to get Megashares, but don't worry we will merge them all to universeshares.

Offline myhometalk

• View Profile
BM,  we all under estimated you. It is a brilliant idea to refund pts back to original donor. +5% +5% +5% +5%   

Why not just send them to a burn address? It would be way easier logistics wise. I suppose that won't really benefit original donators though.

That wouldn't help in the event the motivation was tax based or the SEC orders them to return the funds anyway.

Hmm good points! Tax could be an interesting issue, wouldn't all receivers of BTSX have to sell a good chunk to cover the tax burden associated with the gift they received?

Cost basis in BTS is 0... you pay taxes when you sell them.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Hello

Wasn't there a PTS snapshot on November 5th?
So Invictus has kept the PTS, snagged the snapshot and now gives back the PTS to avoid legal issues?

First Invictus establishes PTS
Then Angelshares can be acquired by donating PTS
Invictus can conveniently donate their own PTS to themselves as nobody can prove otherwise
BTSX are derived from Angelshares
Invictus makes PTS snapshot and reaps all the profit from the self donated (and artificially increased third-part donations) PTS
Invictus returns PTS to avoid legal issues

Through this process Invictus continuously washes dirty profit and artificially increases value for the individual product and thereby draws in unsuspecting donators/ investors.

Please, when will be the next snapshot and what new product will you create by donating to yourself with a product you created previously?

Calling tax optimization "legal reasons" is a mischaracterization.

You *can* prove that AGS donations were not recycled. All other donations are fair game.

Which parties remain unsatisfied here? Do you think i3 profited disproportionately?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Whatsgoingon

• View Profile

The view of someone who hasn't spent any time reading the developer views, propositions, thoughts, or ideas and comes from one of the many scam coins where he/she has been left in the dust without their investment. I'd spend a lot more time reading up before posting some backward narrative and accusations like above.

Again, please provide the correct information if you will.
There is no need to suspect my motives as they are obvious. I invested in BTSX and the continous dubious behaviour of ever changing plans and my aforementioned little analysis ( I don't claim 100% accuracy, so please correct misunderstood parts) has me highly alert.

On the contrary I find the blind acceptance on this forum dangerous and frankly not very intelligent. BM surprisingly states an important development with nebulous implications and everybody here is happily blinded by profit that nobody questions why he did not even state the slightes of reasons.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Yup, there is the FUD that they will spread about this, trying to sucker some poor chinese language investors who dont know what is happening into selling.

At some point in the future, I3 will dissolve, and then the FUD will be "bitshares is dead" or soemthing like that.  I can see it already.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Hello

So Invictus has kept the PTS, snagged the snapshot and now gives back the PTS to avoid legal issues?

Invictus can conveniently donate their own PTS to themselves as nobody can prove otherwise
Invictus makes PTS snapshot and reaps all the profit from the self donated (and artificially increased third-part donations) PTS

Through this process Invictus continuously washes dirty profit and artificially increases value for the individual product and thereby draws in unsuspecting donators/ investors.

Please, when will be the next snapshot and what new product will you create by donating to yourself with a product you created previously?

The view of someone who hasn't spent any time reading the developer views, propositions, thoughts, or ideas and comes from one of the many scam coins where he/she has been left in the dust without their investment. I'd spend a lot more time reading up before posting some backward narrative and accusations like above.

Offline Whatsgoingon

• View Profile

aaaaand cue the FUD.

That is a rather cheap counterargument. Why not give a rational explanation instead of unfounded accusation?

Offline Pheonike

Hello

just as i said earlier....

Tuck Fheman

Now I guess we can look forward to another confused panic sell.

:-\

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Hello

aaaaand cue the FUD.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Whatsgoingon

• View Profile
Hello

Offline Pheonike

so glad you guys are on are side! :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline bytemaster

The upgrade of PTS to a DPOS chain faced a big centralization issue since I3 would control such a large percentage of the votes. When PTS was a POW coin this didn't make a difference because the shareholder's opinion didn't count for much. As a DPOS coin it matters. By returning the PTS donations they have effectively redistributed them throughout the community solving that issue in one shot.

Brilliant and hyperopic.

And makes many AGS holders "liquid" again in PTS... so brings in a larger and stronger user base for PTS ;)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

The upgrade of PTS to a DPOS chain faced a big centralization issue since I3 would control such a large percentage of the votes. When PTS was a POW coin this didn't make a difference because the shareholder's opinion didn't count for much. As a DPOS coin it matters. By returning the PTS donations they have effectively redistributed them throughout the community solving that issue in one shot.

Brilliant and hyperopic.