Author Topic: ShapeShift useful for bitUSD?  (Read 30535 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Indeed good news

My favorites are: bitUSD, bitCNY, bitEUR, BTS,
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
This is great news and thank you.

bitUSD, bts, bitCNY would be my choices in that order for you to add.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Noted... I'm sure we can integrate both BitUSD and BitBTC as well as the Shares themselves :)
From the implementation perspective this should be a no-brainer.
Every transaction has an "amount" field an an "asset_id" field .. asset_id=0 is BTS ... asset_id =14 is USD (not sure with the number :) )

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

We'd love to find some developers within this community who can build interesting tools with the ShapeShift API (such as integrating it into desktop or web wallets or other BitShares platforms). If you have creative ideas, we would love to support your effort through direct discussions with our devs and some promotion in the broader Bitcoin community when it's done.

Do we need a developer bounty created?
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline blahblah7up

• View Profile
Doesn't this technology essentially make Bitcoin obsolete?  It certainly no longer has network-effect advantage over any other cryptos in terms of merchant adoption.  How will the price of Bitcoin hold against Dogecoin for example, once this system is adopted widely?  Neither would have a value superior to the other accept in terms of the fee ShapeShifter is charging for the service.

Does anyone else think things like this could radically change the way value is measured inside the crypto space?  How will value be measured?

Offline jamesc

It will be competitive spreads...  Wait, there's no competition ( for the moment )!  Sure we want people to take USD directly but I'm excited it's better to have options and integration.  it's just safer.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
It will be interesting to see what spreads they will charge for BTC -> BitBTC

Offline wasthatawolf

Noted... I'm sure we can integrate both BitUSD and BitBTC as well as the Shares themselves :)

Awesome!!  Great news!

The BitUSD and BitBTC markets will be interesting for sure. 

I definitely intend on using this.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
good news for all...
it's a win-win situation for sure!
looking forward to see BTS and some of our bitAssets supported from your platform ASAP ... 

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline Riverhead

Love that you guys are so open minded. Will certainly be sending some business your way.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline ShapeShift.io

• View Profile

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Hello BitShares community,

We're very honored that you guys are looking forward to integration on ShapeShift. BitShares has been one of our top candidates for integration and we will soon begin work on this coin. You can expect it, at the latest, in mid-December.

We'd love to find some developers within this community who can build interesting tools with the ShapeShift API (such as integrating it into desktop or web wallets or other BitShares platforms). If you have creative ideas, we would love to support your effort through direct discussions with our devs and some promotion in the broader Bitcoin community when it's done.

Feel free to contact us directly at mail at shapeshift.io

See you on the moon!
Beorn

Awesome news! Are you considering adding BitUSD or will it just be the BTS crypto token? I think integrating BitUSD is a better idea because it is the "product" BitShares creates. As far as cryptos go, it's much more novel and useful.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
If Shapeshift were to add BTC -> BitBTC, there really would be zero reason for ever holding Bitcoin anymore. You could just hold BitBTC (and get interest on it), and convert it via Shapeshift whenever you need to spend at somewhere that accepts Bitcoin.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

We're very honored that you guys are looking forward to integration on ShapeShift. BitShares has been one of our top candidates for integration and we will soon begin work on this coin. You can expect it, at the latest, in mid-December.

See you on the moon!
Beorn

Thank you very much, SS! The currency we would most love to add is BitUSD, which is BitShares' market-pegged asset. And BTS would be a nice bonus. You guys have a very exciting application and I'm sure many of us will use it.

Offline ShapeShift.io

• View Profile

See you on the moon!
Beorn