Author Topic: ShapeShift useful for bitUSD?  (Read 30217 times)

Offline wasthatawolf

Going back and forth with their devs by email, they are actively on it. Their last estimate was "a few days".

+5%

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Going back and forth with their devs by email, they are actively on it. Their last estimate was "a few days".
Wow ...+5%

+5%

Offline testz

They will start working on this in a few weeks.

Probably they was busy with adding Nxt.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wow ...+5%

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

Thank you for the update.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Has anyone heard an update on their progress? If we can't offer additional development resources, maybe we can donate a little funding.
=============

Offline metalallen

• View Profile
Noted... I'm sure we can integrate both BitUSD and BitBTC as well as the Shares themselves :)

and please add BitCNY
浮壹白的微博:http://weibo.com/u/2279693077
BTSX Account:metalallen

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I never doubt there will been many many companys accept  bitusd, but I also very excite when hear ShapeShift support bitusd. thanks  ShapeShift. you do the right thing !
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
There is a very interesting play here.

bitUSD combined with shapeshift, just gave the world a decentralized bitpay for the worlds unbanked.  Well the exchange I guess is not decentralized, but the fact that the coins are in your wallet that you control the  private keys to  almost at all times is a big leap forward.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 04:15:18 pm by bitmarket »
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Do we see this integrating into one of the future web wallets? I understand we have on/off ramps heading our way. With Shapesihft, any business that accepts Bitcoin will be able to immediately accept bitUSD. Shapeshift might even give BTC users a reason to convert to bitUSD to protect against volatility if they plan on making purchases throughout the week.  There's a lot of different ways to possibly use this in marketing awareness.

Lens
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z7U4kU4NJA
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:23:56 am by hpenvy »
=============

Offline Rune

• View Profile
It will be us BTS users who decide what spreads shapeshift will charge for their conversions. The higher volume we trade on the exchanges and on our internal DEX, the lower the spreads will be, and similarly the lower spreads shapeshift will charge because their spreads will be exchange spreads + small commission. If we want them to integrate bitBTC then we have to make sure that the BTC/bitBTC spread becomes very small, by trading it as much as we trade bitUSD. Right now the spread is more than 10% on the DEX so I don't think it's viable yet.