Author Topic: BTS and Tails + TOR?  (Read 2048 times)

Offline madcow

• View Profile
Is there any progress here, running BTS through TOR?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I just dream of the day, someone within this community creates something like TOR

It's gonna be amazing! High speed, high quality tor that runs on BTS micropayments. It's gonna be such an amazing app and that alone will surely make BTS explode. Even the announcement that delegates are hired to implement it will be a huge deal.

It would surely bring atention to BTS, but it isn't just about the profits. I mean, obviously, they are always welcome, but the achievement of doing such thing.. The idea of doing so, alone, amazes me.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I would not assume it is safe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

What would be the risk.  The exit nodes can see your unencrypted traffic, but there shouldn't be anything that isn't already being broadcast to the network.  (not being a smart ass, I really want to know)

To the OP:

It would be a pain in the ass.  If you would like to run through tor, I would suggest whonix instead.  Its not amnesiac, but is much easier to build bitshares on.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I just dream of the day, someone within this community creates something like TOR

It's gonna be amazing! High speed, high quality tor that runs on BTS micropayments. It's gonna be such an amazing app and that alone will surely make BTS explode. Even the announcement that delegates are hired to implement it will be a huge deal.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

Dan (Bytemaster) will be the one to make a bulletproof system that uses Keyhotee to browse 100% anonymously. Just watch he will....
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I would not assume it is safe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Hey everyone,
Is it okay to run BTS traffic through TOR. I know that the nodes can technically see my information is TOR okay to use with BTS? Is there anything that a node could view that is personal?
Is it good to run BTS on tails and TOR or should I just stick to my normal internet connection and Ubuntu?
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi