Author Topic: A PLAY Called 'Castrating the Bulls' (aka ThePlayCallsForCastratingTheBulls)  (Read 2255 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I am sorry to say, but people will get increasingly more offensive from now on Hackfisher. The reason is that you are becoming a man of responsibility. Anyone who tries to do something significant, or important, will have to make difficult decisions that not everyone agrees with. The more you step into the limelight the more critique will befall you, and at times you will feel hurt and that your efforts are not appreciated. I am sure BM and toast can already attest to this. As the leader of your DAC, every annoyance and difficult problem will be filtered into your consciousness. So stay strong, for it won't be easy, and this is just the very beginning of your long and arduous journey!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDwzmJpI4io&feature=youtu.be&t=40m05s
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 08:01:14 am by CLains »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
@tonyk: please calm down a little and let them do there work without pressure ..

let me quote HackFisher from a different thread:

Can BTS that is locked up in a margin order be included in the snapshot? My gut tells me, probably not. Unless you were to take the initial BTS put up as collateral from each side of the trade?

If not, will BTS locked up in orders as collateral be excluded from the total supply the 35% allocation is honoring?

yes, as you described, market orders will not be included, the exactly definition would be the balance records in balance db (the balance you see in your wallet).

HackFisher... all stake regardless of where it is located should be considered.   If you need a script to dump it out for you that can be arranged.    Lets not make this complicated.

Yes, that's already been changed, market orders will be honored.

zerosum

I don't get it.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11140.msg148175#msg148175

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11269.0

Disappointed about your attitude on this forum. After I replied to you in detail in following thread, what you want to express in here?

Do you think that I or other PLAY team members can not read English? How could you become a moderate, or are you the representative from BitShares world?

It tend to be that people here are become more offensive, which is different from my original impression here one year ago.

One and only one question I have is:

Why do you believe that people that have the most trust and believe in the BTS system, and therefore have their stake not only in BTS, but more than that - in collateral - deserve no stake in your PLAY DAC?

First, we've already changed that decision hours ago, and pay extra effort to find out in which way PLAY should be allocated to collaterals. This is why we have this forum to communicate with each other, post proposals.

We are currently evaluating this, and after a few tests, we may honor the market orders (_ask_db, _bid_db, _short_odb, _collateral_db) if the tests showing that it's OK to do so.

Second, PLAY DAC is a fork of BitShares Toolkit, A independent DAC, there is no such consensus (Like AGS/PTS) that we MUST honor BTS, or collaterals put on its market or even BitUSDs created using collaterals.

This allocation to BTS is also a airdrop, not a part of consensus from BTS or Toolkit.
Great...for the hours ago... how should I know that.. anywhere posted or hinted that you even think of doing such a thing?
+5%

Please restrain yourself from posting +5 on posts that are highly unrelated to the threads subject! If you want to bash on me - open a thread and have a go at it!

[edit]
Actually I will do it for you.
Subjet: "Tonyk is an a**h**"
In which subsection of the forum do you want it?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:43:20 am by tonyk2 »

zerosum

We are currently evaluating this, and after a few tests,  we may honor the market orders (_ask_db, _bid_db, _short_odb, _collateral_db) if the tests showing that it's OK to do so.

No tests needed to evaluate if doing the right thing is OK, IMHO!

PS
And this thread is what we should do if you decide not honor the bulls, so please kindle polite gently restrain from posting unrelated thoughts, will you?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:35:13 am by tonyk2 »

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I don't get it.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11140.msg148175#msg148175

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11269.0

Disappointed about your attitude on this forum. After I replied to you in detail in following thread, what you want to express in here?

Do you think that I or other PLAY team members can not read English? How could you become a moderate, or are you the representative from BitShares world?

It tend to be that people here are become more offensive, which is different from my original impression here one year ago.

One and only one question I have is:

Why do you believe that people that have the most trust and believe in the BTS system, and therefore have their stake not only in BTS, but more than that - in collateral - deserve no stake in your PLAY DAC?

First, we've already changed that decision hours ago, and pay extra effort to find out in which way PLAY should be allocated to collaterals. This is why we have this forum to communicate with each other, post proposals.

We are currently evaluating this, and after a few tests, we may honor the market orders (_ask_db, _bid_db, _short_odb, _collateral_db) if the tests showing that it's OK to do so.

Second, PLAY DAC is a fork of BitShares Toolkit, A independent DAC, there is no such consensus (Like AGS/PTS) that we MUST honor BTS, or collaterals put on its market or even BitUSDs created using collaterals.

This allocation to BTS is also a airdrop, not a part of consensus from BTS or Toolkit.
Great...for the hours ago... how should I know that.. anywhere posted or hinted that you even think of doing such a thing?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:58:49 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

zerosum

Is this play still in the works?

How should the Bulls counterattack?
Just in case the PLAYer devs are incapable (or too lazy) to code the logical allocation, that is.

Any suggestion on the second question will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 12:04:35 am by tonyk2 »