Author Topic: What happened to BitPTS?  (Read 2425 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
If you currently hold any actual PTS, that's probably a sign that you should dump it all now...it's certainly not going to push the price of PTS up once people see that's it's no longer listed in the BitShares market.

all PTS donated for AGS will go back to the sender's as bytemaster said... And don't forget the possibility that when PTS-DPOS comes out(if it comes), all PTS holders will take a cut of them...
(1:1 ?). So maybe it's not the easiest decision to dump them...

Post-5th november snapshot probability is increased by PTS->AGS donations returning.
PTS->AGS donations returning increases probability that people will dump PTS immediately.

Which way will the scales tip? Gamble at your own risk!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
If you currently hold any actual PTS, that's probably a sign that you should dump it all now...it's certainly not going to push the price of PTS up once people see that's it's no longer listed in the BitShares market.

all PTS donated for AGS will go back to the sender's as bytemaster said... And don't forget the possibility that when PTS-DPOS comes out(if it comes), all PTS holders will take a cut of them...
(1:1 ?). So maybe it's not the easiest decision to dump them...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
wait ..

The PTS in the BTS chain have been a bitASSET ... and would have been PEGGED to PTS .. that market never was active .. and those shares would have had no 'real' relation to the real PTS!! just like bitUSD and USD.. though bitPTS never really existed

Hence, no need to sell PTS .. at least not due to this market change ..

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
PTS>GAS ?

am I missing something?
Should I consider this as: BREAKING NEWS!
na ..

PTS was REMOVED from the market .. as the market was not open and no bitPTS have been issued they just REPLACED it with GAS .. KRW .. or DIESEL ..

PTS is gone
PPC is gone
LTC is gone

Offline yeti

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
PTS>GAS ?

am I missing something?
Should I consider this as: BREAKING NEWS!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Awesome, thanks.  Is there a lookup for any other market name changes?

It would still be handy if it were possible to list all open orders for a wallet or account.  Is there a way to do this?
GLD -> GOLD
SLV -> SILVER

I think they completely removed PTS, PPC, LTC and instead added GAS, DIESEL, KRW ... so it's not really a rename but they reused the IDs

Offline yeti

• View Profile
Awesome, thanks.  Is there a lookup for any other market name changes?

It would still be handy if it were possible to list all open orders for a wallet or account.  Is there a way to do this?

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
some asset  have changed:
PTS->GAS
PPC->DIESEL
LTC->KRW

you should find your order at market GAS/BTS

Offline yeti

• View Profile
A long time ago, I put in an order for BitPTS - before it was clear to me that most of the markets were not trading yet due to 'insufficient feeds'.

That's fine. I left my order there for when the market started.

Now, BitPTS cannot even load in the Bitshares GUI (v0. 4. 24).  I get a brief notice that states 'Cannot initialize market module, failed to get assets data'.  After that, the BitPTS market page shows no information.  Most notably for me, there is also no indication that my open order still exists.

I tried the following command in console:

wallet_market_order_list PTS BTS (and variations of BitPTS, BTSX, upper / lower case, etc).  All I get from this is an error like so

-----

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
arec.valid():
    {}
    bitshares  chain_database.cpp:1625 bts::blockchain::chain_database::get_asset_id

{"symbol":"PTS"}
    bitshares  chain_database.cpp:1627 bts::blockchain::chain_database::get_asset_id

{"quote_symbol":"PTS","base_symbol":"BTS","limit":4294967295}
    bitshares  chain_database.cpp:2493 bts::blockchain::chain_database::get_market_bids

{"quote_symbol":"PTS","base_symbol":"BTS"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:4204 bts::wallet::wallet::get_market_orders

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:1731 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_market_order_list

{"command":"wallet_market_order_list"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:556 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

-----

Next, I would try cancelling the order, but even though I can see the item in my transaction history (with a label like 'ASK-xxxxxxxx'), I do not actually get access to the transaction ID.  I gather is not the same as the hex code we see after the 'ASK-' and 'BID-' prefixes in the transaction history (of course, in futility, I tried using that code anyway).

Is there any way I can just list all open order in my wallet, so I can get the actual ID and then try to cancel the order?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:47:14 am by yeti »