Author Topic: I bought notes in BTC from an exchange, what should I do?  (Read 2539 times)

Offline margie

• View Profile
Sorry that i didn't open new topic because i think my question is something similar with this one but im a bit confused because im so newbie on crypto stuff.
I bought Notes from my coinbase wallet and not from my computer is it everything ok with this? if not what i've to do now?

Thank You!
Yes. Please read the second post. I think we have to communicate with the exchanges.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Read the second post of this thread and also the thread that is linked in it.

Offline Bitman

• View Profile
Sorry that i didn't open new topic because i think my question is something similar with this one but im a bit confused because im so newbie on crypto stuff.
I bought Notes from my coinbase wallet and not from my computer is it everything ok with this? if not what i've to do now?

Thank You!

Offline margie

• View Profile
We had something similar in BTSX ...

1) get a new btc key which key YOU own
2) get the exchange to sign a message that states your new donation key .. signed with the old donation key
3) hope that the developers incorporate the change which you need not as it is state CLEARLY on the page that you need to own the key

Read this thread:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4748.0
Thank you so much :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
We had something similar in BTSX ...

1) get a new btc key which key YOU own
2) get the exchange to sign a message that states your new donation key .. signed with the old donation key
3) hope that the developers incorporate the change which you need not as it is state CLEARLY on the page that you need to own the key

Read this thread:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4748.0

Offline margie

• View Profile
I bought notes in BTC from an exchange,not from my wallet. :'( What should I do?  Thank you.