Author Topic: What's the point of keyhotee?  (Read 13160 times)

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Torrents are great, but they didn't catch on because they're good at legal sharing. (though they are) They caught on because they're good at illegal sharing.

However, we already have systems in place for this... GPG encrypted messages and networks like Tor, Freenet, I2P, etc... And at this point, Tor is getting pretty good at what it does. It's reasonably fast, and very easy to use.

Tor can't stop the government watching how much money you spend?  Or Tor isn't going to stop any official taking your financial assets?

Like I said, torrents is just ONE example and its just scratching the surface.  Tor, Freenet, I2P is the same as any other central server based services.  You really think Tor is going to deny the government access to its logs if needed?  There is NO VPN anonymous service that will truly stop high-end governments from gaining access to your day to day internet activities.

Remember, Keyhotee is on a blockchain.
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
Torrents are great, but they didn't catch on because they're good at legal sharing. (though they are) They caught on because they're good at illegal sharing.

However, we already have systems in place for this... GPG encrypted messages and networks like Tor, Freenet, I2P, etc... And at this point, Tor is getting pretty good at what it does. It's reasonably fast, and very easy to use.
Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
That's all well and good, but the average person just doesn't give a shit about security. How many people use Facebook? How many people use Google instead of StartPage? StartPage offers almost the EXACT experience, and is actually discrete, however, the vast majority of people choose Google instead.

You miss understand my friend.
You will still be able to use Google and Facebook etc if you choose.  That doesn't change.

Lets talk about the average person:
Once upon a time, there were no torrents.  Before torrents was invented, people in general didn't understand why it was needed when Newsgroups / Usernet or Napster etc was available (I'm going back a few years).  Soon, Napster got sued and was forced to put legal content on.  As I type, Newsgroups / Usernet are going through DMCA shutdown and its very hard to download anything, even TV shows :(

Now torrents is the only real way to get what you want.  Its based on a P2P network with no central servers.  It's an excellent tool.  The government are finding it hard to shut down.  They are making ISP's lock down torrent download sites like PirateBay.  This will go on and on and on until YOU will do what YOUR government wants that allows them in control.

Torrents wasn't needed and now billions rely on it.  And I'm talking about none technical people.  I'm sure you must use it too?

That's ONE example from hundreds and hundreds of unlimited things you can do in your own free space @ Keyhotee that fits your way of life, even if your just a facebook user.

This is going to be another tool, like torrents, that will change the way the Internet is used.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:59:34 pm by NineLives »

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
That's all well and good, but the average person just doesn't give a shit about security. How many people use Facebook? How many people use Google instead of StartPage? StartPage offers almost the EXACT experience, and is actually discrete, however, the vast majority of people choose Google instead.
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART

Offline bytemaster

I understand your points and they are great points but let me try and simplyfy it for anyone who doesn't quite understand why keyhotee is needed in today's internet world (without jargon).

PRIVACY, SECURITY, FREEDOM..
I work in IT and I know for a fact, NOTHING is private.  You visit a site, your internet provider knows.  You send an email, your internet provider knows.  You download something, yep.. you got it, your provider knows.  If they know, the TAX man knows, and in return, and if needed, the government knows.  Like it or not, your being watched.  Of-course, Unless, you know how to manually encrypt, vpn and setup privacy which is a small task within it self but you still can't hide what you spent from your BANK?

Now, to people like me, this isn't an issue.  I don't do illegal things at all (besides download TV episodes I suppose) but, WHY am I allowing my government and tax man to view what I do?  Why should they see how much money I have and how much TAX they can take?  What if crypto currency was denied through some legislation?  Why should it be ok for ANYONE to see what I do in the privacy of my internet world?

The examples are a bit extreme.  Keyhotee I believe will start off with the essentials, that will then allow lots of developers to help it grow and soon enough, you will have your full freedom..

I hope my theory was correct and please do feel free to correct me.  I'm also learning as we go on :)

Great response and right on.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
I understand your points and they are great points but let me try and simplyfy it for anyone who doesn't quite understand why keyhotee is needed in today's internet world (without jargon).

PRIVACY, SECURITY, FREEDOM..
I work in IT and I know for a fact, NOTHING is private.  You visit a site, your internet provider knows.  You send an email, your internet provider knows.  You download something, yep.. you got it, your provider knows.  If they know, the TAX man knows, and in return, and if needed, the government knows.  Like it or not, your being watched.  Of-course, Unless, you know how to manually encrypt, vpn and setup privacy which is a small task within it self but you still can't hide what you spent from your BANK?

Now, to people like me, this isn't an issue.  I don't do illegal things at all (besides download TV episodes I suppose) but, WHY am I allowing my government and tax man to view what I do?  Why should they see how much money I have and how much TAX they can take?  What if crypto currency was denied through some legislation?  Why should it be ok for ANYONE to see what I do in the privacy of my internet world?

The examples are a bit extreme.  Keyhotee I believe will start off with the essentials, that will then allow lots of developers to help it grow and soon enough, you will have your full freedom..

I hope my theory was correct and please do feel free to correct me.  I'm also learning as we go on :)

Offline Beetle559

• View Profile
Did you see the video? http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14.0

Another point you missed is that it's private, there are no servers for governments to spy on.

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
I already have a bitcoin wallet, and an email client, and and instant messenger, etc... and I can already access these all through one application: my web browser. I understand why decentralization is awesome, but it's really a moot point if no one is using it. So from the perspective of the end user- perhaps the average person who doesn't necessarily have a lot of computer knowhow and isn't necessarily interested in the philosophy of decentralization, what will Keyhotee offer?

Also, I feel like, for Keyhotee to catch on, regardless of how nice it is, it's going to have to get into the browser (maybe not initially, but it has to happen eventually), and it needs to launch with a less silly-sounding name. Are there any plans for web, and is keyhotee a code name or the final name?

EDIT: No disrespect intended. I'm just having trouble wrapping my head around this.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 01:23:03 am by 8bit »