Author Topic: Approve my 100% pay rate delegate  (Read 18455 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What does that mean, for the uninitiated?
- simple way to do COLD storage .. i.e. a paper wallet
- simple way for voting WITHOUT taking the private key out of the cold storage and compromise the safety of the funds!!

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Finally got my vote in for you.

Offline monsterer

Yup. I haven't voted with most of my stake yet either. Next update will have a simple cold storage / voter key solution.
yeay!!  +5% +5%

MMMMMMMEEEEEGA Release!

What does that mean, for the uninitiated?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yup. I haven't voted with most of my stake yet either. Next update will have a simple cold storage / voter key solution.
yeay!!  +5% +5%

MMMMMMMEEEEEGA Release!

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
many holder store their funds at exchanges , don't bother to withdraw them to wallet .
And BTC38 stop voting for customers on their behalf.
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
1) He wants to see if a popular, vetted, and meaningful delegate can get elected by the community. Basically if toast can't the rest of us won't either.

I suspect that is the reason. It is pretty disappointing though to see that even after more than a week has passed, someone like toast has still yet to get into the top 101.

I would like to how many of the current top 101 delegates bytemaster is voting for and what percentage of the approval his votes account for. I would make an educated guess that nearly all of the active delegates (if not all) are voted for by stake controlled by bytemaster and that he accounts for at least 7% of the approval percentages. If that is true, that would mean there is only approximately 3-5% of other stake that is voting for the top 10 active delegates. And that alone is not enough to get a delegate into the top 101.

If my estimates are true, then that means that if bytemaster continues to follow the policy of not voting for 100% delegates in order to be neutral, then we will not be able to vote in these paid delegates unless we get people who currently don't bother voting to start voting.

About 45% of stake remains unclaimed so far for some reason (although I think this includes the 20% vested stake that no one can claim yet?). Another at least 12.12% have at a minimum learned how to use the voting mechanics. What is the excuse for the other 43% of stake? My hope is that this is stake that was claimed, moved into cold storage and not touched since then. If that is the case, then I am hopeful that voter apathy will significantly drop once we are able to decouple voting private keys from spending private keys.

Offline Riverhead

My guess, and it's just that, is one of two reasons or some combination of both.

1) He wants to see if a popular, vetted, and meaningful delegate can get elected by the community. Basically if toast can't the rest of us won't either.

2) Dan controls a lot of shares via AGS. It could be viewed negatively, perhaps even nepotism, to hoist toast into a paying position.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
What's the reason that BM hasn't voted for toast. After adding his votes, toast will go up to 101 for sure. Without BM's votes, it's difficult, because many big shareholders don't even log in this forum neither know much about toast...
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I approved toast's delegate a while ago, but he's still not in the top 101.  Clearly I need more BTS.

Offline edilliam

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I will vote for toast!

But it would be good if there could be a clear message like:

At the moment I (do not) get paid by AGS funds xy bts/month. I think it would be justified to vote me in because... 

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Thank you for that, Stan. It must have been fun and enriching for Dan growing up with you as a father.

It's a pity that these artificial fiscal engineering constraints are preventing us from functioning at a higher level of efficiency.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 04:27:12 pm by fluxer555 »

Offline Overthetop

Voted , BTS needs more devs with skills and talents like Toast.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:38:00 pm by Overthetop »
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613