Author Topic: Ethereum Mist is this the SuperDac?  (Read 4576 times)

charleshoskinson

But they don't have bit-assets, right?

It wouldn't be hard to implement; however, the code component is trivial. It's actually network population that is the core issue. You have to have enough users to achieve market depth and liquidity.

Im sure Charles will tell us how Ethereum could clone BitAssets in 10 minutes using serpent.

Well Counterparty took a day and a half. I'd give Vitalik 2 days :)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
You know what you saw in the video is not only working, but only months away from release? Ethereum has now two dozen engineers working full time on both the Go and C++ clients.

Im sure Charles will tell us how Ethereum could clone BitAssets in 10 minutes using serpent.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
You know what you saw in the video is not only working, but only months away from release? Ethereum has now two dozen engineers working full time on both the Go and C++ clients.

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

charleshoskinson

Offline betax

• View Profile
"This is just a vision, not a roadmap and many of these things are years away".

Exactly, but aren't we (nearly) there yet? Yes, we do not have the scripting language yet, but we are going to have 3 dacs in one place (well borrowing features from each other) It seems that our journey is much shorter than theirs. DPOS with faster transactions will allow for much better features.

Ethereum is the superDAC, Mist is the "wallet". Stuff with UI is a small fraction of use cases

Yes, but it sells to more users. UX is very important, and as you  have seen by my tools I suck at it  :P

Use it as inspiration
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Expectation is a critical component of motivation. Clear artist renderings of dreams and visions will fuel the present into the future with positive expectations. This is even more important when creativity is required and community must be incited.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Ethereum is the superDAC, Mist is the "wallet". Stuff with UI is a small fraction of use cases
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

"This is just a vision, not a roadmap and many of these things are years away".
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

I think bitshares has something like this in the works...but not positive.  I'll wait for the response from the community.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline betax

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads