Author Topic: "Failure during transaction scanning"  (Read 2055 times)

Offline marketmonkey

OK, thanks much for the info, vikram.

Offline vikram

For Windows use the .exe and for Mac use the .dmg.

To move, easiest to install a fresh version on the new computer, export a backup file from the old computer, and import the backup file into the new computer. Paging @xeroc can probably help explain in more detail.

Offline marketmonkey

Thanks vikram, I'll try that.  I'm a little confused with the 2 green download buttons though.  Do I download both the dmg and exe files, and run the exe?

Also, can you tell me how to move the client to a new computer?

Offline vikram

That is misleading--it refers to only live interface updates. There is a new client version here: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/v0.4.27.1 see if you still get the failure with that version.

Offline marketmonkey

Hello vikram.  No, I'm running 4.24, but when I click file, check for updates, it says "No new updates are available".

Offline vikram

You are running latest 0.4.27.1 version and fully synced?

Offline marketmonkey

I made a deposit to my BTS wallet that didn't show after more than a day.  The green bar at the bottom says "Failure during transaction scanning".  So I entered "wallet_set_transaction_scanning true" in the console, and got a response "true", but nothing else happened.  Then I entered "rescan" and it did a rescan.  But the green bar still says "Failure during transaction scanning" and the deposit still doesn't show.  Can someone help?