Author Topic: Stan - Bitcoin is not the gold, it's an investment account - Marketing  (Read 6499 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

This isn't a real suggestion, but just something to ponder.  Assume the development work wasn't super involved, would it make sense to put a legitimate BTC wallet alongside a BTS wallet? 

Assuming you could make the best BTC/BTS wallet..  would that even have value?  At first it strikes me as a good idea (if you don't consider resources required).  Or is it a bad idea?  If it was as good as any wallet, and you could give people something to use it.  Then once they are using the wallet, BTS onramp/offramp is integrated right there somehow?

Yup, we're on the same page with the onramp/offramps.  I don't think it even needs to be the best feature wise, rather, our user friendly entry into a more mainstream market. We're giving BTC a real context and help it combat the volatility criticisms by inserting our own products.  We talk about ourselves as equals solving a different problem.

Nobody wants to hear how bad Chevy sucks when they are driving a Ford.  In other markets, our marketing will be different and targeted.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 03:17:23 am by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline gamey

• View Profile

This isn't a real suggestion, but just something to ponder.  Assume the development work wasn't super involved, would it make sense to put a legitimate BTC wallet alongside a BTS wallet? 

Assuming you could make the best BTC/BTS wallet..  would that even have value?  At first it strikes me as a good idea (if you don't consider resources required).  Or is it a bad idea?  If it was as good as any wallet, and you could give people something to use it.  Then once they are using the wallet, BTS onramp/offramp is integrated right there somehow?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
UPDATE

I'm recommending a web wallet, not integration into the official client.

Stan, when you started talking about checking and savings account, that caught my attention. I've been beating my head against the wall trying to figure a way to pull in the moderate to casual Bitcoin user. You nailed it with BitUSD being the checking account and BTS is the savings account.  I would go one step further:

1. Forget 'Litecoin the Silver to Bitcoin’s Gold' the comparison should be 'BitUSD is the checking to Bitcoins investments' .  If you didn't like the breakdown, 'BitUSD is the checking to Bitcoin's savings'.
2. This gives a very easy message to the moderate to the casual Bitcoin holder.
3. The wallet allows for BTS, BitUSD and Bitcoin
4. The wallet is designed with few options and very user friendly

This allows us access to the different Bitcoin circles because it adds benefit to Bitcoin. The wallet hitting the mass market is what we're doing for Bitcoin.  The wallet is targeted away from cryptonerds and more for the causal user.  Litecoin plays little brother to Bitcoin with the silver references.  In our scenario, bitUSD takes it place as not a director competitor but something that is strong on its own and enhances Bitcoin.

If you want the investment and associated volatility, you'll work out of that tab of the wallet.  If you want to make day to day transaction, you will pull from your checking tab.

I know we're going after other markets such as high risk merchants, however, I feel there's value in aligning ourselves along giants to help our exposure and media blackout.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:30:36 pm by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work