Author Topic: How does the voting system work?  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
Hello everyone,

I'm new to BTS, today I just purchased some BTS and really excited to learn more about the functionality and features in BitShares client app.

Can anybody explain (ELI5) how the voting system work?

1. How to vote for a delegate? Any background check that I need to do before voting? Or I can simply vote anyone randomly?
2. How many delegates should I vote? Is there any limit? Why?
2. What will I get if I vote for any particular delegates?
3. How often do I need to update my vote? Should I vote a a few delegates before I update? Or update every time I vote for 1 delegate?

Thanks in advance guys!

You can vote for a maximum of 101 delegates and are generally encouraged to do so; it will give you the warning until you do.  You don't "get" anything directly by voting but it gives you a chance to choose the people you trust to run the network and it is probably helpful for your investment.  You don't currently have to update your votes unless you desire to.

Offline abelljefrry

And I have a warning sign next to my BTS balance which says "This account is not voting with some of its stake. Consider updating your vote."

I already updated my vote several time, but the warning sign is still there. What does it means?
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline abelljefrry

Hello everyone,

I'm new to BTS, today I just purchased some BTS and really excited to learn more about the functionality and features in BitShares client app.

Can anybody explain (ELI5) how the voting system work?

1. How to vote for a delegate? Any background check that I need to do before voting? Or I can simply vote anyone randomly?
2. How many delegates should I vote? Is there any limit? Why?
2. What will I get if I vote for any particular delegates?
3. How often do I need to update my vote? Should I vote a a few delegates before I update? Or update every time I vote for 1 delegate?

Thanks in advance guys!
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio