Author Topic: Delegate Sponsorships  (Read 9907 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I have also kicked around the idea of offering a limited number of sponsored slots in this slate.

This is completely contrary to the idea that slate recommendations should comprise an unbiased assessment and set of recommendations by the reviewer. Open to all kinds of abuse in my opinion.

pay the volunteers

Then they're not volunteers!

and the server fees

Exactly how much are your server fees? I pay a few dollars a month for EC2 instances, and can obtain research infrastructure IAAS for nothing.

volunteers also means their income from doing something does not match the value of that service in open market .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

Ill answer each point as soon as I can get to my pc.  However, my opinion on the objective aspect of voting for delegate slates with regard to corruption is that the weekly mumble hangouts provide a dynamic environment and opportunity for anyone to whistleblow on a delegate who may be doing something corrupt. It could easily be recorded and posted to the forums to allow the entire weight of the community to gather the facts.  In my eyes, this is far from corrupt.

Also, people get to enter the mumble server to participate in discussions that are completely open with devs. They can ask hardball questions and get them on record in a way completely unique to our ecosystem.  They would be able to do this with or without voting for the slate, but could vote on the slate instead of us relying on tips.  This would free up more time for us to get closer to full time on this.  Of course, they could choose to refrain from voting for the slate and still receive this service...so I am not sure how this is corrupting.  Please give some examples?

(Ill get to the voluteer stuff from my computer so I can isolate your points individually because they are points worth bringing up so the community can know more about this).
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

julian1

I have also kicked around the idea of offering a limited number of sponsored slots in this slate.

This is completely contrary to the idea that slate recommendations should comprise an unbiased assessment and set of recommendations by the reviewer. Open to all kinds of abuse in my opinion.

pay the volunteers

Then they're not volunteers!

and the server fees

Exactly how much are your server fees? I pay a few dollars a month for EC2 instances, and can obtain research infrastructure IAAS for nothing.

Offline fuzzy

I have kicked around the idea of offering Delegate Slates to help get delegates voted into power who have projects that myself and the Beyond Bitcoin volunteers believe in.  I have also kicked around the idea of offering a limited number of sponsored slots in this slate. 

In return for donating perhaps 5% of their income, we would hold hangouts for these devs and this would help pay the volunteers and the server fees so I do not have to do so out of pocket or rely on (often non-existent) tips. 

I am interested in people's thoughs on allowing this.  I am not saying opinions will necessarily change my mind moving forward with this, but I do want to hear opinions in the case I am missing some valuable insights that might evolve my current solution. 

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D