Author Topic: Three Problems  (Read 1712 times)

Offline 3rdStryker

• View Profile
I forced the program to crash to reset the block chain. Seems to be ok now. Still frustrating though. Once I redid the blockchain the 500 BTS came back. I will try again with BTER. Thanks all :)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
1. I have the latest version and for some reason it isn't syncing. "Failure during transaction scanning". Reinstalled as well, with no fix.

What OS?

2. I lost around 500 BTS after installing the new version, that was a nice little surprise. Is there a reason for this?

If it's not sinking, then it can't necessarily calculate all transactions to determine balances.

3. I have 1565 BTS at BTER yet it won't send because "cancelled:BTS account is not registered or memo is too long". I am definitely registered and i have been since 10/23/2014.

Verify user registration by searching at http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/accounts. For bter use the long-form BTSX address for unregistered accounts, and username for registered. I've only ever received that exact message when the user I was trying to send to wasn't registered.

I am losing faith in BitShares, I have only encountered problems ever since signing up.

There's huge potential. The application represents a difficult balance between implementing new features, and improving stability.

I also encountered problem number 3 from bter and I too had a verified account. I waited ten mins and sent again and it went was fine.....not sure why but I think its a bter problem not a bts problem.

problem 1 we would need more details. When you reinstalled did you delete all the old stuff or install over top of the program. Did you remember to delete the appdata-roaming-bitshares folder? Make sure you of course back this folder up first but I have had the same problem in the past. Just uninstall program, backup bitshares folder in roaming, then delete said folder and reinstall.

problem 2, It isn't gone and should be fixed when problem 1 is fixed.

Welcome :)

julian1

1. I have the latest version and for some reason it isn't syncing. "Failure during transaction scanning". Reinstalled as well, with no fix.

What OS?

2. I lost around 500 BTS after installing the new version, that was a nice little surprise. Is there a reason for this?

If it's not sinking, then it can't necessarily calculate all transactions to determine balances.

3. I have 1565 BTS at BTER yet it won't send because "cancelled:BTS account is not registered or memo is too long". I am definitely registered and i have been since 10/23/2014.

Verify user registration by searching at http://www.bitsharesblocks.com/accounts. For bter use the long-form BTSX address for unregistered accounts, and username for registered. I've only ever received that exact message when the user I was trying to send to wasn't registered.

I am losing faith in BitShares, I have only encountered problems ever since signing up.

There's huge potential. The application represents a difficult balance between implementing new features, and improving stability.

Offline 3rdStryker

• View Profile
First off,

I am losing faith in BitShares, I have only encountered problems ever since signing up. If anyone could help me here it would be much appreciated.