Author Topic: Why isn't Bitshares joining with BlockNet?  (Read 5064 times)

Offline fuzzy

bitshares is not an "altcoin". that's offensive... so lets not join. but cool project maybe.

i think superNet (the originator of the idea) has a far better shot at delivering.

jfadsfasdfj777 is apparently behind blocknet too.  What I hear from my contacts is that 777 believes NxT has taken a path that he feels is dangerous because they have apparently become too greedy (at least from what I have heard of his opinions from inside those circles).  So he looked for and NXT clone that would give a better shot at spread out distribution...and fell onto NHZ. 

If there is a tech that I like outside of bitshares it would be NHZ---though they take a very far seat with their second place in my eyes.

how do you know/believe that jl777 is "apparently" behind blocknet too? that would make no sense at all. or are you just repeating what some "contact" said.

Dearest bitdraw, my contacts work with jl777 on a close level as I worked with seraphim who was Intimately involved with NHZ.  It is good to be skeptical, but not necessary in this case ;)

If you do a little research, NHZ was a fork of NXT and offered bitshares based chains as assets on their decentralized exchange.  This was actually my idea as it placed both technologies together in a position of potential friendship and cooperation we would have never received from NXT.

Why not just observe the blocknet coins to see what features work, and then fund developer delegates to copy them? Blockchains don't compete, they swallow each other whole.

I agree with Rune.

On a different note good reconnaissance Fuzzy.

Thanks.  I actually personally really like the folks working with NHZ.  In my opinion it is good to have a few different techs that support each other and work to diversify risk.  That is actually how I see separate DPOS based chains, too (only there an element there that seems hidden from most). We dont need to kill or attack anything...altcoins are countries in depressions--bitshares is the shining city on the hill that can show them all the way to freeing themselves from the despotism of an ecosystem that only allows the biggest to survive. 

One of bitshares greatest powers will be in watching the innovations in each country and adopting those it thinks are best.  But first the community needs to realize this power and get over wanting to hide its light from everyone for fear of them blowing it out...a great idea only dies when its hidden from others.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 03:18:22 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Can anybody see value in here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=829576.msg9582794#msg9582794 ?

I am not familiar with some of the technical terms he uses... I havent seen any desciption whta the purpose of blocknet is.

Does anyone have a better understanding about what problem they want to solve and how?

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
Why not just observe the blocknet coins to see what features work, and then fund developer delegates to copy them? Blockchains don't compete, they swallow each other whole.

I agree with Rune.

On a different note good reconnaissance Fuzzy.

Offline bitdraw

• View Profile
bitshares is not an "altcoin". that's offensive... so lets not join. but cool project maybe.

i think superNet (the originator of the idea) has a far better shot at delivering.

jfadsfasdfj777 is apparently behind blocknet too.  What I hear from my contacts is that 777 believes NxT has taken a path that he feels is dangerous because they have apparently become too greedy (at least from what I have heard of his opinions from inside those circles).  So he looked for and NXT clone that would give a better shot at spread out distribution...and fell onto NHZ. 

If there is a tech that I like outside of bitshares it would be NHZ---though they take a very far seat with their second place in my eyes.

how do you know/believe that jl777 is "apparently" behind blocknet too? that would make no sense at all. or are you just repeating what some "contact" said.

Offline fuzzy

This idea is NOT acceptable. Bitshares has its own identity . The team of I3 has more tricks in the bag that will generally surprise investors. It is really a long shot that Bitshare will be with the same level of bitcoin pricewise but its  innovations are far more attractive with its long term vision. DPOS is one very creative blockchain technology . It can live up to its own. Why mesh up with other blockchain technologies. Isn't that for we had mined or invest in Bitshares PTS and AGS for the reason we can have at least 10% of what upcoming DACs that I3 or any other 3rd party DACs developer would allocate? Many will adapt DPOS I am certain of . Once marketing and general public have seen the vast potentials DPOS could bring to its industry, making it standard to the way of life.

This is certainly true.  Marketing will get the job done for us and then mainstream use will be on the table. 

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
This idea is NOT acceptable. Bitshares has its own identity . The team of I3 has more tricks in the bag that will generally surprise investors. It is really a long shot that Bitshare will be with the same level of bitcoin pricewise but its  innovations are far more attractive with its long term vision. DPOS is one very creative blockchain technology . It can live up to its own. Why mesh up with other blockchain technologies. Isn't that for we had mined or invest in Bitshares PTS and AGS for the reason we can have at least 10% of what upcoming DACs that I3 or any other 3rd party DACs developer would allocate? Many will adapt DPOS I am certain of . Once marketing and general public have seen the vast potentials DPOS could bring to its industry, making it standard to the way of life. 

Offline fuzzy

Offline bitdraw

• View Profile

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
+5%
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline ag

• View Profile

Offline joele

• View Profile
Why isn't Bitshares joining with BlockNet?

BlockNet should join Bitshares instead.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I think blockchain cannot resolve everything, 
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline bitdraw

• View Profile
To bad I missed the BlockNet ICO I saw this a few days ago missed it by about 5 days, would have invested.

the shares are trading way below ipo price so you can still invest, also for much cheaper.

i personally dont think blocknet is going somewhere any time soon. they dont really have code yet, only fancy pdfs and marketing.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
So many competing applications/ blockchains around we should be targeting and getting uptake into real markets to maintain our competitive advantage.

I don't see it matters what the lowest level of the protocol is - raw sockets, https, rpc etc. The simpler the better imho.

I think blockchains aren't actually the level we should be thinking on. We should be thinking on the level of Internet of Things, machine to machine transactions, autonomous agents, etc.

There will be many blockchains so let's connect them all. Let's also connect everything electronic to the blockchain networks. Then we can send autonomous agents across the blocknets.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads