Author Topic: Elevator Pitch for Different Markets  (Read 3783 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
What it is

Internet money,
digital exchange,

10 second transactions across the globe
anyone can use it for free,
open and accessible to everyone,
no personal information required,

like bitcoin,
and yet not volatile

How it works

Like torrent,
Like wikipedia,

everyone can share and contribute,
open to everyone,
no single point of authority

Usefulness

Visa, PayPal, Banks are central authorities
they have all your personal information
they charge much higher fees
they are much slower

internet revolutionized how information was transferred,
this new technology revolutionizes how money and value is transferred.

+5%  Yes!  clearly worded, accessible comparisons, and no heavy concepts to unpack.

This elevator is starting to feel a little less confining.  :)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
What it is

Internet money,
digital exchange,

10 second transactions across the globe
anyone can use it for free,
open and accessible to everyone,
no personal information required,

like bitcoin,
and yet not volatile

How it works

Like torrent,
Like wikipedia,

everyone can share and contribute,
open to everyone,
no single point of authority

Usefulness

Visa, PayPal, Banks are central authorities
they have all your personal information
they charge much higher fees
they are much slower

internet revolutionized how information was transferred,
this new technology revolutionizes how money and value is transferred.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
I think the following points are critical in an elevator pitch to a "non crypto enthusiast".

1. Transfer any amount of money to anyone in the world - securely and almost instantly, for a few pennies per transaction. (Modify the cost part as BTS price changes over time).

2. No middlemen, IOUs or pending transactions.

3. Every transaction can be audited, by anyone, at any time.

4. Save your wealth in the value of real world assets and earn real interest - without having to trust anyone.

5. As a one-of-a-kind decentralized network, it is a safe haven from bad actors, bad governments and bad economies.

BitAssets give you instant, total and singular control of your wealth. No one can take it away from you and you earn interest immediately. Store BILLIONS or spend a few a bucks - all with the same speed, safety and control.

+5%

If we're really talking elevator speech here, and i think we are, it's meant to be aimed at folks who are not necessarily in the crypto world, so more of the above is needed.

We need to take these above points and carve them into carefully sculpted neurolinguistic amusement park rides for the imagination which make people want to take the ride!

Then we need digital & paper calling cards, with all the best next steps, further down the funnel towards the client, with actionable steps, and meetup invites, and cocktail hour and calls to ACTION.

TurkeyLeg

I would love to hear CarpetRide's take on this post as well.

TurkeyLeg

I think the following points are critical in an elevator pitch to a "non crypto enthusiast".

1. Transfer any amount of money to anyone in the world - securely and almost instantly, for a few pennies per transaction. (Modify the cost part as BTS price changes over time).

2. No middlemen, IOUs or pending transactions.

3. Every transaction can be audited, by anyone, at any time.

4. Save your wealth in the value of real world assets and earn real interest - without having to trust anyone.

5. As a one-of-a-kind decentralized network, it is a safe haven from bad actors, bad governments and bad economies.

BitAssets give you instant, total and singular control of your wealth. No one can take it away from you and you earn interest immediately. Store BILLIONS or spend a few a bucks - all with the same speed, safety and control.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
My question to you would be what can we replace that bullet with?
That's easy:

- faster than cash (in fact .. lightning faaaaast :) )
- cleaner than cash
- faster than credit card
- integrated social network (only wall posts for now -- off-topic maybe)
- pay with your mobile phone (existing app)
- democracy -- delegates by voting

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
riverhead, methodx and myself have been working our pitch for the last few nights.

The focus, as always is the product bitUSD. The 5 points shown on http://whatisbitusd.com/

So we have 5 key points and a quick 1 line to explain each one

Price Stability-BitUSD is pegged to the value of real USD. That means 1 BitUSD today will be worth 1 real USD tomorrow, without issuing an IOU.
Better Anonymity-Since BitUSD uses stealth addresses by default, it's hard to spy on your balance or know what your shopping habits are.
Earn Interest-Unlike with brick & mortar banks, holding BitUSD in your wallet earns interest. Relax and let your money work for you.
No Counterparty Risk-There is no IOU with BitUSD. It's backed by 300% collateral on the worlds first decentralized exchange.
Blockchain Secure-BitUSD is built with the same innovation as Bitcoin. A publicly distributed ledger means nobody can "freeze" or confiscate your funds.

Keeping those the product in mind a question that is being asked  is, How is bitUSD made? For that we have

"BitUSD is shorted into existence by BTS holders and is 300% collateralized and blockchain sercured so there is no counterparty risk."

Pleas feel free to post idea's. This kinds quick high level over views are great tools for me.

Can we move the anonymity feature to the VERY end .. 1) it is no real anonymity .. 2) it's not an argument to invest .. 3) "easy" to achieve with most crypto and not a killer feature

2)I think it is a valid investment argument, people try to hide their money for the government all the time for a few different reasons.

1,3 I agree with. I am hopeful in the future 1 will be solved by the devs and their coding work as time goes on.

My question to you would be what can we replace that bullet with?

To anyone suggesting bitGLD, SLV etc......your right but, At this time I think their are too many steps for getting users to buy into them on a noticeable scale. If you can go from btc or even better fiat to bitLGD then I agree 100%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
riverhead, methodx and myself have been working our pitch for the last few nights.

The focus, as always is the product bitUSD. The 5 points shown on http://whatisbitusd.com/

Price Stability-BitUSD is pegged to the value of real USD. That means 1 BitUSD today will be worth 1 real USD tomorrow, without issuing an IOU.
Better Anonymity-Since BitUSD uses stealth addresses by default, it's hard to spy on your balance or know what your shopping habits are.
Earn Interest-Unlike with brick & mortar banks, holding BitUSD in your wallet earns interest. Relax and let your money work for you.
No Counterparty Risk-There is no IOU with BitUSD. It's backed by 300% collateral on the worlds first decentralized exchange.
Blockchain Secure-BitUSD is built with the same innovation as Bitcoin. A publicly distributed ledger means nobody can "freeze" or confiscate your funds.

Keeping those the product in mind a question that is being asked  is, How is bitUSD made? For that we have

"BitUSD is shorted into existence by BTS holders and is 300% collateralized and blockchain sercured so there is no counterparty risk."

Pleas feel free to post idea's. This kinds quick high level over views are great tools for me.

Can we move the anonymity feature to the VERY end .. 1) it is no real anonymity .. 2) it's not an argument to invest .. 3) "easy" to achieve with most crypto and not a killer feature

sumantso

1、BitUSD is good . Reason is blah ....
2、Because BitUSD is good , it locked 3X BTS , so the demand for BTS has huge potential .
3、Do you want to buy some BTS ?  :P

Tell them to buy BitGOLD or BitSILVER, or ask them to save in BitUSD or BitUSD.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

I still prefer bitGold! I think we can drive more attention globally in that way...not all the world is USA/$   friendly...
Don't concentrate only on the trees in front of your eyes, but realize that you are in the middle of a... Forest!

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 01:15:15 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline roadscape

I think my general structure is:
 - introduce and/or build up Bitcoin,
 - break it down, and then
 - bring DPOS to the rescue.

A few points I've had good responses to:

For people trying to understand mining:
"Fascinatingly, Bitcoin is like a true gold mining simulator, and it's just as bad for the environment"

Win over any cryptoskeptic that supports whistleblowing:
"No legitimate use? What about banking blockades against wikileaks? Was that legitimate? Bitcoin saved the day."

For smart-masses:
"And what's the dollar backed by? Other than war?"

For supporters of credit unions:
"BitShares is to credit unions as credit unions are to major banks"

For the economically disheartened:
"BitShares has the power to replace the greed with code"

And in the Spirit of Stan:

BitUSD is just one of several 'digital tokens' representing the buying power
of an external/real-world asset, whose value is maintained by a prediction market
in which traders on either side ingeniously balance each other out
through a set of simple, open, algorithmic rules
in an otherwise completely free market.
(this one requires a LOT of hand gestures to fully get the point across)
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
What's your elevator pitch?

Engineering distributed, fault-tolerant, self-organizing, trustless systems
using a continuously reconfiguring ring of transparently auditable signing agents
selected and monitored by reputation-based stakeholder consensus
in a fully-decentralized delegated proof of stake network.

Seems to work.  No one ever has any questions.  :)

If this were my elevator pitch...
that elevator would either be in Blacksburg VA, or everyone would be eyes glazed over

No questions indeed!

I'll work on translating each of those points to human readable language! ;)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
1、BitUSD is good . Reason is blah ....
2、Because BitUSD is good , it locked 3X BTS , so the demand for BTS has huge potential .
3、Do you want to buy some BTS ?  :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What's your elevator pitch?

Engineering distributed, fault-tolerant, self-organizing, trustless systems
using a continuously reconfiguring ring of transparently auditable signing agents
selected and monitored by reputation-based stakeholder consensus
in a fully-decentralized delegated proof of stake network.

Seems to work.  No one ever has any questions.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.