Author Topic: [Proposal] Public JSON attributes for delegates  (Read 7359 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good job on the wiki page. I only put one handle in the wallet for now, and it's bitsharestalk by default. If there's real demand for putting facebook handles and more in there we can always add them, but it feels a bit heavy to me.
I agree ... I also dislike the twitter handle .. But we should keep the
possibility to add arbitrary handles for later use .. who knows what happens in
5 years

I see you added some more roles, I'll add them to the wallet later. I've also added this to my website but I want to finish the translation setup before pushing the next version.
No need to do this right away .. let's first figure out if we need even more ..
There's no rush!!

valzav merged my pull request so this will probably be in the next version of the wallet, start your engines! :)
Bam! .. good job!

PS. I was amazed by how much data I could actually add to the public_data field, you can see two images in the git pull request of what's possible :)
Ui ..

Offline svk

Make sure you document the fields somewhere too. Probably at least a page on wiki.bitshares.org.
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/PublicData

Needs some more work .. and a consensus about the attribute names etc....
It's not that I'd like to define a standard on my own ... thx to svk for the input sofar!!

Good job on the wiki page. I only put one handle in the wallet for now, and it's bitsharestalk by default. If there's real demand for putting facebook handles and more in there we can always add them, but it feels a bit heavy to me.

I see you added some more roles, I'll add them to the wallet later. I've also added this to my website but I want to finish the translation setup before pushing the next version.

valzav merged my pull request so this will probably be in the next version of the wallet, start your engines! :)

PS. I was amazed by how much data I could actually add to the public_data field, you can see two images in the git pull request of what's possible :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Make sure you document the fields somewhere too. Probably at least a page on wiki.bitshares.org.
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/PublicData

Needs some more work .. and a consensus about the attribute names etc....
It's not that I'd like to define a standard on my own ... thx to svk for the input sofar!!

Offline vikram

I've made a pull request for an initial implementation of this idea:

https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/pull/464

Offline svk

I've made a pull request for an initial implementation of this idea:

https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/pull/464

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
 +5% good idea, good information about the delegates

in the future it would be good to see from every delegate who gets paid more then 3% how he spend his money and what he did in the elected time.

Offline pseudoscops

Well done guys. So good to see you both jump in to action on this after our discussions earlier today. Shining examples to us all you both are.

+5% to public_data.delegate.role - was thinking this would be really useful too. Effectively allows for people to identify with over arching teams/tribes as DAC workers self organise.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:37:00 pm by pseudoscops »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I was thinking about this some more and thought of another thing that I believe could be very useful. My idea is to define a set of roles for delegates that would be hardcoded into the wallet, and that upon registration of a new delegate you would be presented with a dropdown list with a choice of roles. By default you'd get "Backbone" which basically means a 3% delegate providing feeds and staying up to date.

The list of roles could easily be expanded over time, but here's a possible shortlist:

["Core Development","Core Marketing", "Independent Development","Independent Marketing","Faucet","Backbone"]

The final list of course needs more thought. If you want to define your role manually in the CLI, you would simply set {public_data.delegate.role: 2} to select "Indepent Development" for example.

@valzav if you think this sounds like a good idea I'll have a go at implementing it in the wallet. I'd also like to flesh out the account page to take into account at least some of the JSON fields discussed in this thread.
I like that idea!
Will add this to the OP when I find the time!

Offline svk

I was thinking about this some more and thought of another thing that I believe could be very useful. My idea is to define a set of roles for delegates that would be hardcoded into the wallet, and that upon registration of a new delegate you would be presented with a dropdown list with a choice of roles. By default you'd get "Backbone" which basically means a 3% delegate providing feeds and staying up to date.

The list of roles could easily be expanded over time, but here's a possible shortlist:

["Core Development","Core Marketing", "Independent Development","Independent Marketing","Faucet","Backbone"]

The final list of course needs more thought. If you want to define your role manually in the CLI, you would simply set {public_data.delegate.role: 2} to select "Indepent Development" for example.

@valzav if you think this sounds like a good idea I'll have a go at implementing it in the wallet. I'd also like to flesh out the account page to take into account at least some of the JSON fields discussed in this thread.

Offline svk

Another idea: "delegate.ann": "" # announcements

This could even be an array of strings, but I think we'll quickly run out of space. That's another thing we need to find out: how much data can actually be stored in public_data.

BTW A possible issue with having all these fields and keeping things up to date is that currently you need to reenter every field when updating your account, so if you forget a field it gets erased.

julian1

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Oh and btw the guidata field that the wallet looks for is actually called "gui_data"
fixed .. thanks

Offline svk

Oh and btw the guidata field that the wallet looks for is actually called "gui_data"

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'd like to add:

Code: [Select]
{"delegate.handle": "", # Bitsharestalk forum handle representing the delegate}
added "handles" as an object!

we might need to discuss a timeless description .. who knows when facebook will fall  8)