Author Topic: Somoene must've thought Ethercoin was Ethereum  (Read 6626 times)

Offline svk

Fuzz the bitshares community has to make up its mind. Either I'm part of the new world order and everything ethereum has is from the CIA/Goldman Sachs/Free Mason triumvirate or I'm an incompetent marketer who's irrelevant.

The truth has always been the same. We worked really hard and built connections quickly that helped us develop a great project. The same could have been done for bitshares and your master saw more value in (and paid accordingly) Brian.

Off topic I know but did you ever consider running a 100% delegate to fund some Bitshares evangelism? Prove Dan wrong so to speak :)

Looks like you're still at least interested in the project, but are you still staying away from active involvements? Hope you're doing better healthwise anyway!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline fuzzy

We also had aliens up until about 1997 and then they had to be kicked out due to immigration concerns. A shame to Globnar the Destroyer made a mean bathtub mojito.

I actually believe it is statistically improbable we are alone in the universe...
However, I seriously question why the hell they'd want to come here if they have mastered physics to the degree of being capable of effectively traveling between Galaxies. :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
We also had aliens up until about 1997 and then they had to be kicked out due to immigration concerns. A shame to Globnar the Destroyer made a mean bathtub mojito.

You must be from Area 51.
I speak for myself and only myself.

charleshoskinson

Offline fuzzy

Fuzz the bitshares community has to make up its mind. Either I'm part of the new world order and everything ethereum has is from the CIA/Goldman Sachs/Free Mason triumvirate or I'm an incompetent marketer who's irrelevant.

The truth has always been the same. We worked really hard and built connections quickly that helped us develop a great project. The same could have been done for bitshares and your master saw more value in (and paid accordingly) Brian.

What do you mean?  That doesn't make much sense to me.  Oh and I never said you were a free mason.  I could never see you wearing this: 

So are they a Triumvirate then?  CIA/Goldman Sachs/Free Masons?

charleshoskinson

Offline fuzzy

The SEC is in on it man...

Bought and paid for.  Sure they might get a slap on the wrist, much like the banking cartels do...but it will be a slap they can definitely afford.  Wish I could be saying something contradicting my points, but just watch it play out.

Where is santa claus in all of this? What did he know and when did he know it?

He is likely not at the SEC with anything but bags full of fossil fuel:  http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-08/sec-goldman-lawyer-says-agency-too-timid-on-wall-street-misdeeds.html

James Kidney, who joined the SEC in 1986 and retired this month, offered the critique in a speech at his goodbye party. His remarks hit home with many in the crowd of SEC lawyers and alumni thanks to a part of his resume not publicly known: He had campaigned internally to bring charges against more executives in the agency’s 2010 case against Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS)

The SEC has become “an agency that polices the broken windows on the street level and rarely goes to the penthouse floors,” Kidney said, according to a copy of his remarks obtained by Bloomberg News. “On the rare occasions when enforcement does go to the penthouse, good manners are paramount. Tough enforcement, risky enforcement, is subject to extensive negotiation and weakening.”

Could it be possible you live in bizarro world? http://www.justice.gov/oig/reports/2014/a1412.pdf 

An excerpt:
“DOJ did not uniformly ensure that mortgage fraud was prioritized at a level commensurate with its public statements. For example, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Investigative Division ranked mortgage fraud as the lowest criminal threat in its lowest crime category. Additionally, we found mortgage fraud to be a low priority, or not [even] listed as a priority, for the FBI Field Offices we visited.” Not just that, but, “Many Assistant United States Attorneys (AUSA) informed us about underreporting and misclassification of mortgage fraud cases.” This was important because, “Capturing such information would allow DOJ to … better evaluate its performance in targeting high-profile offenders.”

Hosk...i'm not going to get into it with you too much more other than to say that although bringing Santa into this is funny, we are living in a world filled with crazy bat-shit stuff...so pointing out that crazy bat-shit stuff (not to mention that Ethereum did their "non-IPO" IPO in Switzerland) doesn't make the observer a fairy dust-believing psycho.  We all came to crypto for a reason...and it was to get away from this bullshit (well at least that was the reason for me).

To everyone else--just watch it play out before making judgments. 

P.S.  I'm not against the many good people working at Ethereum (including Vitalik).  I am simply pointing out that something is amiss when a technology comes out that really has nothing but a basic theory and gets huge amounts of marketing (paid for by private investors).  Also notice that Counterparty is a real competitor to bitshares and I really bring no issues to the table about them--so this isn't an anti-competition thing for me as much as a "the pieces just don't add up" thing.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:41:47 am by fuzzy »

charleshoskinson

The SEC is in on it man...

Bought and paid for.  Sure they might get a slap on the wrist, much like the banking cartels do...but it will be a slap they can definitely afford.  Wish I could be saying something contradicting my points, but just watch it play out.

Where is santa claus in all of this? What did he know and when did he know it?

Offline fuzzy

Why should there be one billion ether at launch? Ethereum sold arount 60 million in the presale and their white paper states that will amount for 83.5% of the initial distribution so it will be roughly 72 million ether at launch. Assuming the ethercoin price reflects the ether price at launch this would mean a market cap of 50 million usd.

Thanks for the info. The billion was taken from previous speaking engagements where I had heard them speaking hypotheticals.  Wasnt sure how much they had sold and was looking for the numbers in another post--and you got them for me!

drekrob

Why should there be one billion ether at launch? Ethereum sold arount 60 million in the presale and their white paper states that will amount for 83.5% of the initial distribution so it will be roughly 72 million ether at launch. Assuming the ethercoin price reflects the ether price at launch this would mean a market cap of 50 million usd.

Offline fuzzy

Can't we all just get along? The 2.0's should meet and agree to divvy up the world. There's plenty of business to go around. CP gets a stock market, Ether gets smart contracts, BTS gets bank/commodities exchange, and Mastercoin gets a lifetime supply of tangled pretzels and knots. A new Treaty of Tortillas.

It's worked for the big ISPs in the US. Verizon, Comcast, COX, etc. have almost no overlapping markets.

That is almost as scary. 

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Can't we all just get along? The 2.0's should meet and agree to divvy up the world. There's plenty of business to go around. CP gets a stock market, Ether gets smart contracts, BTS gets bank/commodities exchange, and Mastercoin gets a lifetime supply of tangled pretzels and knots. A new Treaty of Tortillas.

And NuBits gets to dominate the candy aisle of CVS  8)
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Riverhead

It's worked for the big ISPs in the US. Verizon, Comcast, COX, etc. have almost no overlapping markets.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
It's only because the volume is $1,400.. not hard to manipulate  8)

You see, that doesn't matter.  Not when you have the media in your pocket and can get on Max Keiser without a product.  If you have media paid off you can pretty much get away with anything.  And now the "alternative" media is seeming like it has gained more legitimacy than the "old media"...so their should be no problems getting people to buy in and increase that marketcap in the future. 

You are witnessing an open attack on BitShares guys.  Right now...as we speak.  I wonder if attacking bitcoin using Rune's (admittedly intelligent) idea would help or hurt us.  My guess...it would drive the network effect completely into the arms of our biggest competitor.   Meanwhile we have people complaining about the % stake they got from BitShares PLAY.  Laughable...

IMHO, we should not be seeing any of the invictus team on the forums right now.  We should be sending them red bulls and telling them to take up arms.

Not just redbull Fuz, but Pizza and everything inbetween.  Its a mission they need a air drop of supplies to keep the engines going.