Author Topic: should feed price calculate include inside market and with volume?  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
before we support this new feature, we should change the price feed logic.
It should include volume from wallet market, and the  feed price should  relative to volume.
I'm not sure if you are misinterpreting the feature.  It should allow people to place orders with a floor price but also with the additional stipulation that it tracks the feed price +/- a fixed offset.

I don't think there is a current suggestion to make the blockchain into a market maker or source of liquidity.  This feature just gives people more control over placing their orders.  I am also not in favor of a blockchain controlled market maker.

I am also hoping that it will be added to do short orders that can be a fixed offset from feed (only above the feed price).

I think we should also reconsider the policy that margin calls can't force buys above the feed price.
thanks, I actually have misinterpreting the feature
So I think this feature is good, but still need to be very careful when we use this function.
the problem is feed price logic, now feed price just be controlled by outside.
if wallet market volume is too much, it will attract people to attack it through outside price control.
So I think the price feed should  include inside market and calculate with  volume,  right?
The point of this is to make the internal market more accurate because of the low volume. Once volume is higher the market will be more accurate.
I think the day we have high volume on the internal market and on/off ramps come on line then I'm assuming this feature will no longer be needed and it will be removed.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
actually this kind of attack can be executed now, for example:
now the price is 0.015 USD,
there are about 10,000,000 BTS ask order at price 0.016 USD
there are about 10,000,000 BTS short order with price limit at 0.02USD(much short order without limit in fact)

currently these order can't match, because bid price is 0.015.
but I think about  3,000,000 BTS buy at btc38 will control  price  up to 0.018,
So I buy 10,000,000 BTS at inside market with price 0.016 USD first
then control price to 0.018, or to 0.02
sell 10,000,000 BTS to the short at price 0.018 or 0.02.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:05:01 am by alt »

Offline alt

• View Profile
It should include volume from wallet market, and the  feed price should  relative to volume.
I'm not sure if you are misinterpreting the feature.  It should allow people to place orders with a floor price but also with the additional stipulation that it tracks the feed price +/- a fixed offset.

I don't think there is a current suggestion to make the blockchain into a market maker or source of liquidity.  This feature just gives people more control over placing their orders.  I am also not in favor of a blockchain controlled market maker.

I am also hoping that it will be added to do short orders that can be a fixed offset from feed (only above the feed price).

I think we should also reconsider the policy that margin calls can't force buys above the feed price.
thanks, I actually have misinterpreting the feature
So I think this feature is good, but still need to be very careful when we use this function.
the problem is feed price logic, now feed price just be controlled by outside.
if wallet market volume is too much, it will attract people to attack it through outside price control.
So I think the price feed should  include inside market and calculate with  volume,  right?

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile

Offline alt

• View Profile
We badly need market maker bots in the bitUSD market providing liquidity.

Even if they operate at a loss for a while, the positive impact that it would have on bitshares is well worth it.

Just look at Nubits.  Everyone thinks nubits works great and is an amazing technology, simply because they are providing liquidity to the market.  Everyone thinks bitAssets barely work at all, and Nubits is way better, because we dont provide any liquidity.

If there was actual liquidity in the market, then people could use it, they could actually create shorts, and so on.

This is why we are working on relative bid/ask orders to help aid the creation of liquidity.

+5% +5% +5%

thanks you are reminding this to us when ever you can!
With this implementation we will be all market makers  :)

PS An estimation when this future gets implemented on the client ? I can't wait !  :)
please don't do huge market-maker at wallet market!
请千万不要鼓励内盘搞做市商!
内盘做市如果规模大了会死的很惨,因为内盘现在根本就没有定价权,价格是完全由外部控制的。
比如有2000万BTS买盘在做市
在0.02美元价格时,我可以在内盘卖掉2000万,然后在外盘拿500万BTS砸到 0.015。
然后0.015价格我又能在内盘买回这2000万BTS,在外盘买500万拉到0.02美元。
这样反复抽水,内盘做市商就被当韭菜割了。

translator from google
please don't do huge market-maker at wallet market!

Please don't  encourage  market maker at wallet market!

Within  large volume,  market-maker will die very miserably, because the price is now totally control by external market.

For example, there are 20000000 BTS bid order from  the market-maker

at price $0.02 , I can sell 20,000,000 in the wallet market , and then sell at btc38 with 5,000,000 BTS , price fall down to  0.015.

Then the 0.015 price I can buy  20,000,000 BTS in the wallet market , buy 5,000,000 at btc38 ,price back to  $0.02.

This repeatedly pumping, the market-maker lose
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 03:46:05 am by alt »